CA - Dara Toeun, 27, Lone Tree Point Beach, 2 July, 2016

Ayashley

Reaction score
attachment.php

Dara
(...) Police think she may have been associated with a nearby homeless camp and have not identified a motive in the murder.

Her body showed obvious signs of trauma, but authorities have not released a cause of death.
http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/East-Bay-police-seek-help-finding-young-woman-s-8376571.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 218
http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area...l-parks-police-investigating-suspicious-death

RODEO -- On her Facebook page, Dara Toeun is seen posing in the water and reclining on a boat, her long, dark tresses swept by the wind.

Now police are investigating the 27-year-old Rodeo resident's death, after she was found on a beach similar to the one captured on her social media feed.

Toeun's body was found July 2 on a beach at Lone Tree Point by a family who had gone there to fish, said Carolyn Jones, spokeswoman for the East Bay Regional Park District, which has jurisdiction for the beach. Park district police are investigating the death.

Toeun, who had moved to Rodeo in January, may have been hanging out at a homeless camp near the area, according to Jones. The department has several leads in the case but is looking for anyone who may have spoken to Toeun in the days leading up to her death.

"We need the public's help and are asking for anyone who may have any information to come forward," Jones said.

Toeun had attended Downtown College Prep in San Jose. She was known to move from home to home, and often stay with friends, because her parents are both deceased. Toeun also briefly worked at Rolling Hills Memorial Park in Richmond, where she sold cemetery plots, but resigned shortly before her death, according to William Uschold, her boss there.

"She was a friendly soul and always had a smile on her face," Uschold said. "We are all just shocked."Toeun is survived by an older sister and brother.

Dara's story touched me. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it seems like she was a lost soul and became a vagabond of sorts, searching for somewhere to belong. RIP Dara.

Hey fellow Websleuthers......

I just received a PM from another member who knew Dara. It seems that the local LE are really not investigating Dara's case and it sounds like it may be heading in the direction of becoming a cold case if not worked properly. Does anyone have any media contacts in the area that may be able to help? Or any advice we can share with this member so that justice will prevail for Dara? This case makes me sad as Dara lost both her parents shortly before her death and she had recently quit her job. I think she felt lost in this world and very alone, but that's just my impression.

I hope you guys can help our fellow member.....Dara was a beautiful girl with a lot going for her. She's gone from this earth unfortunately at such a young age and it seems so terribly unfair.

Thanks everyone!

Two reasons this case is not going to be solved anytime soon is the anti-police cooperation mentality that pervades the Bay Area (and the majority of California), as well as the "saving face" ethic of certain communities and cultures.

Although I didn't know the victim, I could surmise by the location and timeline that her murder probably has something to do with the reason she quit her job at Rolling Hills Memorial Park. I don't think it was random and don't buy domestic violence for the fact that while she had no close family or permanent place to live, she still kept a well-informed social network.

Like the panhandle of any other major metro, Richmond and its surrounding areas have been a hotbed for drugs and prostitution for quite a while now. For promise of a better life, anyone down on their luck would be the likeliest purveyor or victim in such an industry, and for this young woman's case, probably the victim. If snitches are shot and left for dead on the street, "non-compliant" streetwalkers are discarded like trash on the shoreline.

Is it possible there was no organized crime involved? Absolutely. However, if this was just a case of finding oneself on the "wrong side" of a mentally unstable vagrant, the suspect would have limited mobility to dispose of the evidence. Lone Tree Point, to my knowledge, is not a shantytown or congregation point for homeless people. So, dollars to donuts that there was some shady business going on.

Whatever the case may be, my condolences to her surviving friends/family and fingers are crossed for justice.

Someone has posted a video on YouTube for Dara. You should watch it before passing judgement on her.
"One sweet day- In loving memory of Dara Toeun-Youtube"

Someone has posted a video on YouTube for Dara. You should watch it before passing judgement on her.
"One sweet day- In loving memory of Dara Toeun-Youtube"

I don't think it's in anyone's nature to judge; losing both parents at such a young age can put a person's life off-track, which appears to be true for the victim. However, when someone becomes so at ease with a transient lifestyle that all associated risks are passed in stride, it's something worth noting because it hypothesizes a suspect and motive. In this instance, someone connected to the streets.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back