AZ - 9 killed, 2 injured in W Phoenix shootings, April-June 2016 *Arrest*

I don't know they don't appear to have a pattern. Maybe he was just busy or happy in May?

5 homicides that were the result of four separate shootings in the Maryvale neighborhood of Phoenix have been physically linked by police. The shootings began in April and have continued into June. All victims were shot outside of their homes on weekend evenings, with victims ages ranging from 12 to 36. Police believe the killer is targeting people of color.

http://newsone.com/3471876/serial-killer-targets-people-of-color-in-phoenix/

http://www.newser.com/story/227479/a-serial-killer-may-be-striking-at-random-in-phoenix.html

I wonder if they still believe he is targeting minorities?

Given it is dark outside when he shoots I think that's unlikely. Krystal White doesn't look obviously Hispanic so you'd be able to tell in the dark...

I wonder if since he's targeting areas where more minorities live, if he's just coincidentally just gotten minorities? Maybe he doesn't care who he hits. I certainly wouldn't be out walking around at night just because I was Caucasian.

Qmfr:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rossmo's_formula

FORMULA:

attachment.php

Easy enough, right? Just a little basic math, lol. :biggrin:
(Can you help us out in NOCO, c4rtm4n!?)

(And when I was in school I never thought I'd need to use algebra in "real life", lol. Shot myself in the foot there!)

Okay so this has happened in Phoenix before, a serial shooter. Another pair of them actually like in D.C.

During the same time as the Baseline killer but I don't recall hearing about the shootings.

It was 15 months from start to finish that time... And they killed the same number this guy has in 4 months. Scary.

http://www.abc15.com/news/crime/serial-killers-in-phoenix-baseline-killer-and-serial-shooters-terrorized-valley-in-2005-and-2006

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_Shooter

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...-protests-draining-police-resources/87194986/

“We have both expressed strong concerns about the serial killer plaguing our city as he continues to victimize our Hispanic and African-American communities,” the statement said. “We have both raised concerns with the Phoenix Police Department about the amount of resources being devoted to these marches and protests when those resources should be focused on protecting all of our citizens.”

Dates of shootings:

March 17 Thursday
March 18 Friday
April 1 Friday
April 19 Tuesday
June 3 Friday
June 10 Friday
June 12 Sunday

St. Patrick's Day and the day after, April Fools Day, the day after tax day... And weekends. Maybe someone with a changing or open schedule?
The Orlando shootings were on June 12, 2016.

Wonder if he's done or moved on or detained somehow?
There are shootings often enough in Phoenix that it's a bit tough to speculate what might be connected.
3 occurred so far this weekend but none believed connected.

Just getting caught up here..
My heart goes out to the people out there, has to be so frightening...!

I wonder if whomever is doing this, is taking a break seeing more police in the areas? If so this might mean he (or she) lives in the vicinity?

I just don't understand HOW anyone can think its ok to take someones life.... :(

They've got to get hold of some surveillance video and figure out what kind of vehicle this clown is driving. I've noticed in a couple of articles that people have talked about the suspect having a vehicle. With all of these shootings taking place in a highly populated area, there are bound to be cameras sprinkled around at the location of each and every scene. This vehicle is bound to show up repeatedly , only in different locations, right around the time a shooting took place.

Hispanic male, driving a _____ (?), who is armed with an automatic pistol(caliber unknown). It's not a lot, but it's something.
If there's someone out there that can match up all three traits plus knows somebody that resembles the composite, LE will be getting close. If LE knows the make and model of the car, they need to release it. That will immediately rule out hundreds of thousands of suspects.

I hope the PD doesn't let their ego's get in the way and decide to try and solve it while withholding vital information from the public. Other people could die while they're sitting behind their computers looking at mugshots and having inter-office meetings. .

Somebody out there knows the person doing this, probably many persons know him, but they don't realize it yet. They can't connect the dots if the dots are being withheld from them. The people with the information required in order to figure out who this person is, is the local police department. The fastest way to solve this is to do an information dump on the public. LE will have him rounded up and in cuffs within 24 hours. Releasing a composite sketch isn't enough. That composite sketch looks like about 1/4 of all the mexican males in Phoenix between the ages of 16-30, with that number alone adding up to about 25,000 suspects.

I'm not sure how many cameras are in these areas. But there hasn't been anything in the news since the city council article and fundraiser stuff.

I wonder who saw the killer talk to one of the victims before firing? Maybe that person would be a more reliable source of information?

Apparently there are electronic billboards but they are rotating this manhunt with regular ads. Why not just a dedicated billboard?

I missed that one Ms. F. Who saw the shooter talk to a victim?

The shootings in Laveen (Phoenix city limits & 8 to 13 miles mapped from the 7 victims here, south of I-10 where the 7 were all north of I-10), on July 4th, the victims said the shooters walked up & asked them about a person they claimed not to know. Not a word on the 8 shot in the news, 2 dead. I'm so hoping this serial killer(s) have been id'd with witnesses. Finding the varment may not be as easy.

Not sold on this but who in the heck shoots at 8 people? Kids too? The two that were killed had court records but for nothing big or drugs that I found yet.

https://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/

I can't find it now... I swear the gunman walked up to the car and spoke to a victim before shooting. Maybe it wasn't a shooting officially connected to the killer?

No I found it:

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/west-phoenix/sources-same-person-or-group-responsible-for-four-west-phoenix-homicides

Detectives are also looking for information in the murder of Manuel Garcia near 67th Avenue and McDowell Road. The 19-year-old was in his car when another vehicle approached and, after a brief conversation, the suspect opened fire.

I don't know who saw it... But since the victim died somebody else saw it.

Few nights ago there were two shootings in one night in the same area. Wondered if they might be connected. It was near/at a hotel.

I wonder if the murderer was expecting to get caught and now that he hasn't he is counting his lucky stars and maybe is not going to keep shooting more.

The only thing though is whatever caused him to snap in the first place is likely to cause him to lose control again someday in the future. It may be a long time from now but sooner or later he is probably going to snap again and take someone out.

It almost looks like he was really peeved at the world and went on a rampage for awhile.

Someone else made a good point though too is that he could have been arrested on other charges and LE hasn't made a connection to him. Could be another reason the shootings appear to have stopped for time being. I have a bad feeling that this guy will kill again but it may be a long time before he does. Which is the scary type because everyone will have their guard down as things settle down.

Phoenix serial shooter likely using multiple vehicles, police say

Phoenix police said they are getting new details and tips about a serial shooter connected to seven murders . But investigators can’t release most of what they’ve learned.

(...)

“Early on we had a white Lincoln/Cadillac-type vehicle [witness description]. But we've also had dark sedans. So we are trying not to have somebody focus in on one particular vehicle because we know that this suspect has access to a variety of vehicles," Howard said.
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...street-shooter-likely-using-multiple-vehicles

I wonder if the murderer was expecting to get caught and now that he hasn't he is counting his lucky stars and maybe is not going to keep shooting more.

The only thing though is whatever caused him to snap in the first place is likely to cause him to lose control again someday in the future. It may be a long time from now but sooner or later he is probably going to snap again and take someone out.

It almost looks like he was really peeved at the world and went on a rampage for awhile.

Someone else made a good point though too is that he could have been arrested on other charges and LE hasn't made a connection to him. Could be another reason the shootings appear to have stopped for time being. I have a bad feeling that this guy will kill again but it may be a long time before he does. Which is the scary type because everyone will have their guard down as things settle down.

I am thinking the shooter in Phoenix area is an injustice collector.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back