GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that certainly rules out Clay's claim of him accidentally strangling Chelsea during rough sex.

The fact he was still in possession of her items (including her panties) when he was moving from residence to residence.. i dont think that excuse was gonna work in court

Local news continues to talk about case and provide "updates" which was medical examiners cause of death: blunt force trauma to head ...that suspect claims was an "accident".
Lots of tv exposure prior to the arraignment today at 1:30... Well in the past hour or so they have talked about the case during commercials at least 3-4 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Year Later: Chelsea Bruck's cause of death released

<snipped>
The Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office has ruled Bruck's death a homicide from blunt force trauma to the head.

This information comes from the final autopsy report. The Monroe County Sheriff's Office had put a hold on the release of the information because of the ongoing investigation.
<snipped>

http://www.wtol.com/story/32523199/...eath-released?clienttype=generic&sf31697335=1

Has anyone read/heard how long DC has been on LE radar?

I haven't heard anything about how long. From what I understand they receive results Thursday that provided a hit on this man and they started to monitor his home and arrested him Friday. I still don't understand why it took over a year for results unless they've been building a pretty strong case against him. Also want to know if the witness from last month had anything to do with this since they released those pics early June after a year since her body was found. [emoji848]

Suspect in Chelsea Bruck death charged; to be arraigned

James David Dickson, The Detroit News 11:12 a.m. EDT July 25, 2016

Daniel Allan Clay, a 27-year-old Newport man, has been charged with second-degree murder in the October 2014 death of Chelsea Bruck, and will be arraigned at 1:30 p.m. Monday in Monroe County, court records show.

According to Wayne County Medical Examiner spokesman Lloyd Jackson, Bruck’s manner of death is homicide, and the cause of death is blunt-force trauma to the head...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...suspect-chelsea-bruck-death-charged/87524668/

COD: Blunt force trauma. I recall discussion here about the possibility that Chelsea might have been struck on the head with a rock. Photos from the alleged crime scene indicated a path of large boulders. Chelsea's death was no accident. :moo:

Has anyone read/heard how long DC has been on LE radar?

This is the earliest one I've found so far:
Monroe News, The (MI) (Published as Monroe Evening News, The (MI))
September 18, 2007
Section: News Page: 8A
DISTRICT BRAUNLICH
Sentenced
Daniel A. Clay, 19, 16 George St., breaking and entering vehicle to steal property less than $200. 6 months probation, 93
days in jail, 1 day immediately, credit for 1 day served, balance as court directs. $665 fines and costs.

These are the two latest I found...guessing they took DNA from one of those and the State Police matched it up.

Monroe News, The (MI) May 14, 2016
Section: News Page: 6A

Facing charges
Daniel A. Clay, 27, 13442 Pear St., Carleton, larceny from the person. Probable cause conference May 19. Preliminary
exam May 24.

Monroe News, The (MI) (Published as Monroe Evening News, The (MI))
February 4, 2015 Section: News Page: 8A

Sentenced
Daniel A. Clay, 26, 13442 Pear St., Carleton, attempted resisting and obstructing officer. 180 days in jail immediately.
Possession of marijuana. 1 year in jail, 180 days immediately. Concurrent time, credit for 17 days served. Charge of resisting and obstructing officer dismissed.

I am interested in how long LE has been looking at DC for the murder of Chelsea Bruck, but I appreciate the links about his criminal history. Today's arraignment is not Clay's first rodeo, that's for sure.

Daniel A. Clay, 26, 13442 Pear St., Carleton, attempted resisting and obstructing officer. 180 days in jail immediately.
Possession of marijuana. 1 year in jail, 180 days immediately. Concurrent time, credit for 17 days served. Charge of resisting and obstructing officer dismissed.

So he was in jail at one time while they looked for the killer.

Let's keep Chelsea's family in our prayers today as they attend the arraignment of their beloved daughter's/sister's killer. While a conviction will bring some degree of closure, a trial is going to be difficult for the family. They will need our continued support.

According to Ray Kisonas, Monroe news reporter:

"Bond for Daniel clay is expected to be denied. "

[video=twitter;757616927015440384]https://twitter.com/raykisonas/status/757616927015440384[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member