GUILTY FL - Joni Gunter, 30, found dismembered, Jacksonville, 11 Feb 2016 *Arrest*

Jacksonville Sheriff's Office must be having a hard time figuring this out because the pic first surfaced in March, 2016 (in the press) after they exhumed a body from the Tillis property in February, 2016. It was back on the news again a couple of days ago (July, 2016) and this time was linked in the report with the Tillis case. They are still trying to ID the woman in the pic. Hoping we can help.

One detail is important: estimated year of death; In Namus much profiles of womens missing from Florida in the 90's not have the photo.

Yes. I've messaged the Sheriff's office but I haven't heard back and I sure hope they reply.

Here are two observations regarding the sleeveless shirt that the unidentified woman was wearing in the picture.

I believe there is a good possibility that the unidentified woman in the sleeveless shirt is from the South. This is based solely on my personal experience of only having seen folks from the southern region of the United States wearing sleeveless shirts.

I also noticed that the picture on the sleeveless shirt that appears to be a tiger. This may be an important clue here. It could be possible that the picture on the sleeveless shirt is a high school mascot.

Another observation comes to mind regarding where the photo could have been taken at.

I would consider the possibility that the photo could have been taken at an indoor water park resort. That would be another place besides hotels and party houses at an apartment complex that would have beach chairs and lounge chairs.

ppl in CA wear sleeveless shirts all the time.

that t shirt looks like a tank top w graphic design you could get at wal mart.

Here are two observations regarding the sleeveless shirt that the unidentified woman was wearing in the picture.

I believe there is a good possibility that the unidentified woman in the sleeveless shirt is from the South. This is based solely on my personal experience of only having seen folks from the southern region of the United States wearing sleeveless shirts.

I also noticed that the picture on the sleeveless shirt that appears to be a tiger. This may be an important clue here. It could be possible that the picture on the sleeveless shirt is a high school mascot.

Another observation comes to mind regarding where the photo could have been taken at.

I would consider the possibility that the photo could have been taken at an indoor water park resort. That would be another place besides hotels and party houses at an apartment complex that would have beach chairs and lounge chairs.

I'm n Nj, and wearing a sleeve less shirt right now.

I haven't heard a thing back from JSO, KaylaraOwl. Have you? I was hoping for an approx date of death. I know these things take a while but they've had the remains since February. I'm sure they have a range. It was not published in any article I've seen.
I just can't believe how much she looks like the woman, Jade that you found.

I haven't heard anything back yet. I will try to find other contact information for them.

With all due respect, people wear sleeveless shirts across the country in mild and warmer weather. I think it's reaching to suggest this girl only came from one region based on her attire in the picture.

As far as the shirt goes, I'm with cvaldez1975. That shirt could honestly be anything. It could be a graphic tee, and even if it is a school mascot or a school-related tee, consider the fact that it could have been purchased secondhand at a thrift shop or garage sale.

Just got a call back from a detective. Will update in a few minutes.

The detective is looking into it and says thank you for our interest in the case. No new info, but we'll see if this pans out.

Any clues as to how long the body had been buried? Thanks for the update KaylaraOwl! It would be so great to reunite her with her family where she belongs.

Possible former business ventures of Russell's

http://www.bizapedia.com/people/RUSSELL-TILLIS.html

His business profiles indicated that he was involved in the electrical, plumbing, and home improvement businesses.

I know that in most areas, you are required to have a state or local professional occupational license if you want to be an electrician, plumber, home improvement contractor, or in any of the building and construction related trades.

I don’t live in Florida, but I do know that in Ohio you cannot have a state or local professional occupational license if you are a convicted felon.

I do know that most states have state boards where the general public can verify if someone does have a professional occupational license.

I suspect that more than anything that he was an unlicensed contractor and that he didn’t have a professional occupational license at all.

Most likely he did not have or apply for one just incorporated business names to use

He used a NC address when arrested in FL for the years 1981-through at least 1999...I didn't check past 1999 cases--3 pages of arrests in Duval County and 1 arrest in Hillsborough County--He has been charged twice for kidnapping--Crazy that he was released the first time much less the second time.

He got married in in FL in 1988

1981--3219 ANSONVILLE RD MARSHVILLE, NC
Case 16-1981-CT-013366-AXXX-MA

1985--3219 ANSONVILLE RD MARSHVILLE, NC
Case 16-1985-CF-007417-AXXX-MA

1990--unknown address
Case 16-1990-CF-005433-AXXX-MA

1992--3219 ANSONVILLE RD MARSHVILLE, NC
Case 16-1992-CF-003945-AXXX-MA

1989--Hillsbourough County Court unknown address
Case No. 89-CF-003091-A

1998--3551 BOWDEN CIR. E. JACKSONVILLE, FL
Case 16-1998-CT-023608-AXXX-MA

1999--3219 ANSONVILLE RD MARSHVILLE, NC
Case 16-1999-TR-159659-CIXX-MA

<defunct link>

Classito

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Classito. Its about 3 hours from Marshville, NC to Mountain City, Tennessee where Jade Chambers lived. So not out of the question. Absolutely insane that Russell Tillis was out.

Might be a good idea (if they haven't already) for the police to check that NC address. Regarding the tattoos--I know who Terryle is...Who is Sarah?

Classito

Well, the detective that I spoke to has the info on Jade, if it's her, we probably won't know about it until it hits the press or her namus profile is taken down. You can send the info on his past address through the Jax sheriff website.

I assume they have looked over his almost 3 page criminal record in Jacksonville and would have the NC address as well as the address him and his wife lived at.

Classito

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back