Australia Australia - Nikolce 'Nick' Veljanovski, 28, Yagoona, NSW, 11 June 2014

lampshade1

Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread for the below; missing for 9 months now.

Police are still looking for clues after a missing man’s car was found in the Royal National Park.

Nick Veljanovski, 28, of Bankstown, was last seen last in Allus Street, Yagoona, about 8am on Wednesday, June 11.

His girlfriend reported him missing at about 11pm that day when he did not come to her house.

Sutherland police, POLAIR and the Public Order and Riot Squad helped Bankstown police find the man’s car at Bundeena during a search the next day.

Water police and POLAIR continue to search the Royal National Park.

Mr Veljanovski, an accountant, is described as being of Caucasian appearance, with a thin build, red hair and blue eyes.

http://www.theleader.com.au/story/2...-man-nick-veljanovskis-car-found-at-bundeena/

New article today:

The desperate family of missing man Nick Veljanovski has taken the unusual step of offering a $50,000 reward, to be funded by savings and a mortgage on their Bankstown home, for credible information that helps them find their son.

About 4pm on June 11 last year, then 28-year-old Nick (Nikolce) Veljanovski told his girlfriend of more than nine years he would see her soon. That was the last time anyone heard from him. During that conversation, the family believes other people were nearby who may have information.

His mobile phone, keys and wallet have not been found. The car he was driving – a blue Honda Jazz – was found very early the next morning at a parking lot on Beachcomber Avenue near the start of the Jibbon Point Trail, a popular walking track in the Royal National Park near Bundeena.

On the day Nick went missing, it is believed he was quarrelling with his girlfriend whose home he had visited at 9am that day in Yagoona. But the dispute was not described as serious. It was later revealed that he had also called in sick to his work.

He was sighted on walking tracks between 12pm and 3pm that day. Around 3pm, he asked the ranger on the Jibbon Track for directions to the coastal cliff walk. His mother said the ranger later reported that Nick wasn't prepared for a bushwalk, he didn't have a water bottle, but he hadn't appeared distressed.

Nick is 180 centimetres tall with red hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a grey hooded jumper with a black vest, navy tracksuit pants and white sneakers. His girlfriend did not want to provide a comment.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/missing-n...news-about-29yearold-son-20150411-1me641.html

I live in the Sutherland Shire and have not heard of this, thankyou for posting.

I have recently spoken with my son who has walked the Jibbon Point trail and also the coastal cliff walk which is beautiful and quite serene with not many walkers, also quite long.

He said it could be easy to lose the track, however what was more worrying is if you tried to take the shortcut (not endorsed) which involves coming back on the foreshore (that could cut about half an hour off the return ) the big risk is waves catching you off guard. To suicide he thought you would have to run and jump not that easy to do but of course possible.

My thinking if a tragic accident in the water remains might never be found :(

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/missing-n...news-about-29yearold-son-20150411-1me641.html

We’re hoping the anniversary will bring the case back into the public’s mind,’’ she said.

‘’Any little piece can help.

‘’One tiny clue might help put the whole picture together.’’

She has a heartfelt message for her son.

‘’I just want to say to Nick that we love him and miss him,’’ she said. ‘’We just want to know he’s safe.’’

Not ever willing to give up hope the family will spend the second anniversary of his disappearance putting up posters where he was last seen.

They have also created a Facebook page, nickcomehome, to help find him.

http://www.theleader.com.au/story/3944170/family-hope-for-clues-two-years-on/?cs=1507

http://www.smh.com.au/national/i-ha...ope-over-missing-persons-20160610-gpg9z6.html

The past two years had been exhausting, physically and emotionally, says Veljanovski, who has since been diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy.

"It is just awful not knowing, if he is safe, is he well? Our life has been in limbo and we can't seem to let go or move on. There are so many unanswered questions, it is hard to plan anything or do anything....

"It is like a tape, you go over and over it," she says. "Sometimes I have trouble just breathing. I have never known pain like this."

I've seen these posters up lately in the Illawarra.

96afe72792e0439e05b04f68e274aaf4.jpg

Terribly sad richie. His poor family. I hope they get some answers soon.

Yes I fear the worst if he wandered through the RNP. I know it well. The only place to easily stray from a worn track is near the cliffs.

My first thought while reading the story was that he might have jumped from the cliff sadly...

My first thought while reading the story was that he might have jumped from the cliff sadly...

Yes. Could also be bad luck near the cliffs. They crumble and fall away sometimes. Slipped, fell or swam away to nowhere easy to find again.

I might have missed it but what are Nick's roots, I'm just curious. His name sounds Croatian maybe?

The family of missing Bankstown man Nikolce Veljanovski re-mortgaged their house to offer a $50,000 reward for information about their son’s whereabouts.

Mr Veljanovski, 28, went missing from the Royal National Park in Bundeena on June 11, 2014.

The car he was driving, a blue Honda Jazz, was found the next day.

A number of alleged sightings in the following month placed him in Rutherford near Newcastle, Horderns Beach near Bundeena and the New England Highway near Hexham.

However, his family is still waiting desperately for answers.

b622fdba530fe57df8b7b8763d7b35a6

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...s/news-story/68e398e961c984b8b6968c108dabe747

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back