MO - Police probing mysterious death of Ferguson protests leader

LietKynes

Former Member
Reaction score
ST. LOUIS COUNTY, Mo. -- Authorities here are investigating the death of a leader of the protests that followed the fatal police shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri in August 2014.

The body of Darren Seals, 29, was found inside a burned car very early on Tuesday in the city of Riverview, reports CBS St. Louis affiliate KMOV-TV. He’d suffered a gunshot wound, authorities said.

I take it this had nothing to do with the riots in 2014 ?

www.kmov.com/story/33021266/investi...-found-dead-inside-vehicle-in-st-louis-county

:moo:

I have been reading a lot about this man, King Seals, on another forum. He had an interesting background and I have a lot of respect for some of his stances. Now I do disagree with his 'politics' as he identified as a Black Nationalist and a Farrkhan follower. HOWEVER, he had a good job, donated his own money and a lot of volunteer time, to help young needy residents of his community.

And he actively called out and questioned those whom he thought were exploiting the local tragedies. He had a big beef with DeRay of the BLM< [ they fought physically at a rally and I saw it on livestream] ---- and he was pretty critical of those whom he thought were just looking to capitalize upon the tragic situations just to move themselves forward. He called out the live steamers who used gofunnndme to support themselves while they clowned around and partied.

I watched the vigil for him last night on Heather Damiens Live Stream. There were people loudly accusing the cops of killing King Seals. But I doubt that. I think they had respect for him because of the way he was trying to set good role model---working, volunteering, getting an education, etc.

He was shot in the head and left in his car, which was set on fire. It sounds more like the MO of the local gangs, in my opinion.

Also, to make things weirder---the very night , of the day that Mike Brown was killed---a man was shot and left in a burning car, right there at the apartments where the shooting of MB occurred. At the time, there were two main theories. One, that it was a drug deal gone bad. The victim did live in those aprtments/

And possibility two, that it was a witness, who saw the shooting of MB< and who was going to support the cop's version of events. LOTS OF LOCALS rumored that this is what happened.

Will try to add more links if found.
My .02 was that some thought he stirred things up too much ? Idk.
Agreed that it doesn't sound like a police crime.

Also, to make things weirder---the very night , of the day that Mike Brown was killed---a man was shot and left in a burning car, right there at the apartments where the shooting of MB occurred. At the time, there were two main theories. One, that it was a drug deal gone bad. The victim did live in those aprtments/

And possibility two, that it was a witness, who saw the shooting of MB< and who was going to support the cop's version of events. LOTS OF LOCALS rumored that this is what happened.
The following is a NYT article dated December 1, 2014 about Deandre Joshua who was found in a burning car with a shot to the head the night of the.Ferguson riots.

He had not seen the shooting of Michael Brown nor did he testify before the GJ.

An interesting article.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/12/0...aves-a-family-grappling-with-the-unknown.html

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

www.vox.com/2016/9/7/12830430/darren-seals-ferguson-dead

www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-b...er-found-fatally-shot-burning-vehicle-n643731
The St. Louis County Police Department said police are treating the death of Darren Seals as a homicide.

www.nytimes.com/2016/09/07/us/ferguson-protest-leader-darren-seals-found-dead-in-vehicle.html?_r=0

. The vehicle had been on fire and he was found after the flames were extinguished.

www.stlamerican.com/news/local_news...cle_2174f1d8-747f-11e6-990f-33cd70d152a7.html

Also from a Twitter account that I'm not sure is o.k. to post...Seals had called out people who were using the Ferguson protests for their own means ; and am getting the feeling he'd upset the wrong people ?

www.vox.com/2016/9/7/12830430/darren-seals-ferguson-dead

www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-b...er-found-fatally-shot-burning-vehicle-n643731
The St. Louis County Police Department said police are treating the death of Darren Seals as a homicide.

www.nytimes.com/2016/09/07/us/ferguson-protest-leader-darren-seals-found-dead-in-vehicle.html?_r=0

. The vehicle had been on fire and he was found after the flames were extinguished.

www.stlamerican.com/news/local_news...cle_2174f1d8-747f-11e6-990f-33cd70d152a7.html

Also from a Twitter account that I'm not sure is o.k. to post...Seals had called out people who were using the Ferguson protests for their own means ; and am getting the feeling he'd upset the wrong people ?

From the NYT article:

Mr. Seals led protests with the group Hands Up United, which was organizing a campaign called Polls Ova Police, which sought to use this year&#8217;s elections to challenge police policies.

BBM

IMO, this is an activity that more likely would have gained him some enemies. Some people feel very threatened by the idea of activists turning minority communities into voting blocs. A respected community organizer fielding candidates, registering voters and turning them out to vote could be seen as a problem. IIRC, the riots in Ferguson already changed the composition of some of local government. These are scary times for any activists doing political organizing in minority communities.

ETA: According to this Vox article, Seals had also been active on social media recently in support of Colin Kaepernick's protest.

http://www.vox.com/2016/9/7/12830430/darren-seals-ferguson-dead

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back