GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Trial set for man accused of kidnapping Christina Morris from Plano's Shops at Legacy

Valerie Wigglesworth

1472180295-morris-and-arochi.JPG

After two years, hundreds of tips and an arrest, family and friends still don't know what happened to Christina Morris.

The 23-year-old woman hasn't been seen since she walked with an acquaintance into a Plano parking garage. The time stamp on the Shops at Legacy surveillance video was 3:55 a.m. Aug. 30, 2014.

Despite intense, high-profile pleas and searches by authorities and those close to Morris, her whereabouts remain unknown.

On Sept. 6, all eyes will shift to a Collin County courtroom where the man accused in her disappearance is set to go on trial. Enrique Arochi, 26, is the acquaintance from that surveillance video. He has said he doesn't know what happened to Morris.

Plano police charged him with aggravated kidnapping, a first-degree felony that carries a penalty of up to life in prison. Arochi has pleaded not guilty.

Media Thread

Thread 1 Thread 2

Gabriel Roxas CBS 11

Valerie Wigglesworth Dallas News

L.P. Phillips CBSDFW

Natalie Solis FOX4

Jobin Panicker WFFA

Alice Barr NBC5

Alex Boyer Fox4

The Mercury

Boyfriend says he didn't see Christina Morris the night she disappeared because he was selling drugs
Valerie Wigglesworth

Christina Morris' boyfriend testified Tuesday that he never went to Plano to meet her the night she went missing two years ago because he was in Dallas dealing drugs.
Hunter Foster testified at the aggravated kidnapping trial of Enrique Arochi, 26, the man authorities say is responsible for Morris' disappearance. Defense attorneys have suggested throughout Arochi's trial that Foster may have been involved with her disappearance.

Foster was called to testify last week, but he invoked his Fifth Amendment right not to incriminate himself. Before he took the stand Tuesday, prosecutors announced they had secured an immunity agreement at the state and federal levels. The deal protects Foster from being charged with any nonviolent or drug crime related to his testimony in the Morris case.

Collin County prosecutor John Rolater told the judge that Foster is not a suspect in the Morris case and there are no plans to charge him.

:silly: THANK YOU! Disregard the self alert on my post lol YOUR DA BESTEST LOL Hugs

Hopefully won't be like yesterday, thanks again for helping clean up those fast tweets.

Wasn't CM new to her job when this all happened? It is not farfetched to me that HF didn't really know what she did (or know how to explain it). My partner wouldn't be able to tell you what I do either, just "something to do with X" because we don't talk about my work. As best friends and not a married couple, I don't find it unusual that he wouldn't have contact with her that weekend while they were both partying in separate places, especially regarding the tone of CM's last texts. She seemed to be getting a little unhinged - if what TCmom posted is the full convo. Finally, I want to point out that dealing marijuana and X to club goers is small-time and hardly something that brings down "cartel" action on a girlfriend unless he was snitching - the only person other than EA that was out for revenge IMO was Logan. Smoking weed and taking a little X is not comparable to a coke addiction. It is within the realm of human complex emotion for HF to sell other people molly and still be concerned for CM and pissed off at her asking for coke. I don't like him either, but I find the bashing of him here to be unfair.JMO

Can someone explain how the defense was allowed to ask Hunter about his drug charges and drug activities outside the realm of this case? I feel they put him at great risk by dropping names from a separate case and making him testify to who they were without having to explain why it is relevant. No kidding he lied about knowing some of them. My other concern is the defense getting detectives to say they do not believe she was abducted in the garage. I hope the jury isn't hearing that as reasonable doubt that she was kidnapped at all. It is hard to remember this is a AK trial and not murder.

Today, 06:43 AM#1025 TCMom
Regarding the bodyguard thing - after listening to detectives testimony and Hunter's testimony yesterday, here are my thoughts.

*I believe* that the bodyguard thing is actually no big deal.

A local radio morning DJ once confessed during my morning drive time that he sometimes stored people's phone numbers in his phone with attributes as to how he could remember them. "Big *advertiser censored* Jennifer". "Blue eyes, blonde hair Ashley" or "Bouncer Steve" for example. This is the way in which I believe Christina was referring to bodyguard (TD). It was a casual acquaintance, HF would know who he was based on that prompt/description, not based on his name. So she used that.

If someone that is friendly with me and my husband were to call me or msg me. I might very well say "Person we know contacted me, you should call them". Not because I was threatened but because a) I didn't care to msg them myself or b) the friendship is more about my H's and the friend, not me. I think that's what happened here.

No one has testified that Christina felt she needed a bodyguard.

Red herring. Defense picked up on that word and ran with it.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...cused-of-kidnapping-2&p=12803944#post12803944

LOL IF this "bodyguard" is who I think it is (the person that VW says is, and is on the witness list) He is a former NFL football player for Atlanta Falcons and the Houston Texans.. :thinking:

Scott Sidway ‏@ScottyWK 12m12 minutes ago Dallas, TX
Just for record, I likely won't be at #arochitrial today until later. Technically an offday bc 23hr day yest, but I'll be on it again soon.

[video=twitter;776045256554930176]https://twitter.com/JLindgrenCBS11/status/776045256554930176[/video]

LOL IF this "bodyguard" is who I think it is (the person that VW says is, and is on the witness list) He is a former NFL football player for Atlanta Falcons and the Houston Texans.. :thinking:

Interesting. That wasn't brought up at all. Wonder if it's a case of same name, different person.

Wasn't CM new to her job when this all happened? It is not farfetched to me that HF didn't really know what she did (or know how to explain it). My partner wouldn't be able to tell you what I do either, just "something to do with X" because we don't talk about my work. As best friends and not a married couple, I don't find it unusual that he wouldn't have contact with her that weekend while they were both partying in separate places, especially regarding the tone of CM's last texts. She seemed to be getting a little unhinged - if what TCmom posted is the full convo. Finally, I want to point out that dealing marijuana and X to club goers is small-time and hardly something that brings down "cartel" action on a girlfriend unless he was snitching - the only person other than EA that was out for revenge IMO was Logan. Smoking weed and taking a little X is not comparable to a coke addiction. It is within the realm of human complex emotion for HF to sell other people molly and still be concerned for CM and pissed off at her asking for coke. I don't like him either, but I find the bashing of him here to be unfair.JMO

Can someone explain how the defense was allowed to ask Hunter about his drug charges and drug activities outside the realm of this case? I feel they put him at great risk by dropping names from a separate case and making him testify to who they were without having to explain why it is relevant. No kidding he lied about knowing some of them. My other concern is the defense getting detectives to say they do not believe she was abducted in the garage. I hope the jury isn't hearing that as reasonable doubt that she was kidnapped at all. It is hard to remember this is a AK trial and not murder.

Respectfully BBM. The Def wasn't getting them to say anything, that is the Detectives Theory of what happened. That she willingly got into the car of EA. And the several Det/investigators stated they all had about the same theory. So JMHO it just not what some want to hear or had their own theory set up as. Sorry I do not mean this to sound snarky just an observation. And on the drug charges, again JMHO was allowed to ask as it could possibly have something some how to do with the big picture. HF was given use immunity by the State and Feds, so the State wanted info also. WE (myself or jury) do not know the extent of HF drug dealings other than he sold to undercover and is doing federal time. This case is Agg Kidnapping but someday there could be a murder case against someone. And if so then any info from this case could potentially be used. JMHO

, especially regarding the tone of CM's last texts. She seemed to be getting a little unhinged - if what TCmom posted is the full convo.

Can someone explain how the defense was allowed to ask Hunter about his drug charges and drug activities outside the realm of this case? I feel they put him at great risk by dropping names from a separate case and making him testify to who they were without having to explain why it is relevant. No kidding he lied about knowing some of them.

Snipped respectfully for brevity.

I got as much of the text conversation as I could. Ran out of time. Your classification is fairly accurate. It was a string of unanswered texts where it was obvious she was desperate for his attention. It very much reminded me of life as a teenage girl/college girl with a boyfriend who's "just not that into you". LP Phillips said it looked like crazy mad girlfriend. Accurate.

Totally agree on the drug thing. I will say I left out a small bit of the drug related testimony that appeared to me to be defense throwing out names and HF responding. It did not seem relevant or important to my notes, the overall point of things. And frankly, I'm not going to air out all of those names and drug related info. I followed the lead of the reporters on that bit of it. Defense establishing lack of witness credibility here, imo. It did occur to me that if I were HF, I might be concerned in 30 months when I got out of prison that all those names had come out. It could have been construed as him snitching there in court.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
LOL IF this "bodyguard" is who I think it is (the person that VW says is, and is on the witness list) He is a former NFL football player for Atlanta Falcons and the Houston Texans.

Interesting. That wasn't brought up at all. Wonder if it's a case of same name, different person.

I will try and find the tweet or if someone else can but lol IF there are 2 people with that name LaTarence Dunbar - possible as always :thinking: I don't have the link for court docket handy but iirc when I checked yesterday there was someone by that name with subpoena. And this person is from Dallas, would make sense that he would have the type business. I am not implying that he did / or has done anything wrong or illegal. Also a new subpoena was applied for but unknown for who or by whom. JMHO

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 2m2 minutes ago
Judge Mark Rusch on the bench. #arochitrial

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 2m2 minutes ago
Arochi Trial Day 6....back on the record @FOX4 #arochitrial

Jobin PanickerVerified account ‏@jobinpnews 2m2 minutes ago
Judge says the next witness is facing a drug charge. A felony marijuana charge. #ArochiTrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 2m2 minutes ago
Judge, attorneys talking about next witness, who was on TV news last night. Witnesses banned from talking before they testify #arochitrial

Witness also facing felony marijuana charge #arochitrial

Jobin PanickerVerified account ‏@jobinpnews 38s39 seconds ago
Judge warns media NOT to talk with witnesses. Apparently a TV station did an intv last night #ArochiTrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 44s44 seconds ago
Judge Rusch is interviewing witness to see if his TV interview will cause him to be tossed from trial. #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 42s42 seconds ago
Witness is Jacob Talamantes, being questioned by judge #arochitrial

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 47s48 seconds ago
Judge admonishing reporters &telling attorneys to instruct potential witnesses not to talk to reporters before testifying@FOX4 #ArochiTrial

Stuff like this, is going to cause problems. It is a public hearing and cant kick out media or public but they are NOT helping the case by doing such. Hope the idiot who asked the juror is in court today.

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 1m1 minute ago
Judge: You thought it was a good idea to chat with him (camera man)? Witness: Yes sir. #arochitrial

Can't make out what this guy is saying because the mic is not on. Think he said TV crew approached him #arochitrial

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 1m1 minute ago
Next witness is Jacob Talamantes. Judging telling him he shouldn't hav talked to reporters yesterday entering courthouse @FOX4 #ArochiTrial

Witness explaining how he told what he knew about Arochi and what kind of guy he was #arochitrial

Jobin PanickerVerified account ‏@jobinpnews 1m1 minute ago
Judge not happy that a witness talked with a TV station. It was not from any of my coverage. #ArochiTrial

Jennifer LindgrenVerified account ‏@JLindgrenCBS11 1m1 minute ago
Judge not happy that witness talked to a TV station last night - before he was sworn in. He's questioning witness now. @CBSDFW #ArochiTrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 58s58 seconds ago
Kudos to @vlwigg for catching the name. Witness is Jacob Talamantes #arochitrial

Talamantes tells judge he & witness Juan Ponce carpooled to court Tuesday and talked #arochitri

Jacob Talamantes said he has only talked to a handful of people, including the TV crew. #arochitrial

Jennifer LindgrenVerified account ‏@JLindgrenCBS11 1m1 minute ago
Judge deciding whether this witness can testify now. State's witness. @cbsdfw #ArochiTrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 54s54 seconds ago
Judge Rusch gives Talamantes a schoolmarm stare. #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 49s50 seconds ago
Deputy turns on mic. Jacob Talamantes apparently talked with witness Ponce. #arochitrial

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 40s41 seconds ago
Judge talking to Talamamtes about what he told reporters & discussed with friends. Jury has yet to enter courtroom @FOX4 #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 33s34 seconds ago
Two witnesses talked about Ponce being nervous, talking about nothing to hide, tell the truth, wishing knew where Morris was #arochitrial

Jacob Talamantes had a marijuana delivery charge a couple months ago. Dismissed because he worked as a conf. informant. #arochitrial

Talamantes now talking about felony marijuana arrest last year in Wylie #arochitrial

Jury still out. Judge questioning state's next witness to see if he should be allowed to take the stand. #arochitrial

Jacob Talamantes going over past run-ins with the law. #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 1m1 minute ago
Jacob Talamantes evidently is familiar with the legal system. #arochitrial

Talamantes says he was also arrested in Fort Worth for possession of marijuana #arochitrial

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 1m1 minute ago
Talamamtes tells judge he had charge for distrib pot & worked as informant to get dismissed. Has had other drug arrests @FOX4 #arochitrial

Well now everyone knows he is a big blabber mouth both to cops and to the media. SMH

Jacob Talamantes had a marijuana delivery charge a couple months ago. Dismissed because he worked as a conf. informant. #arochitrial

Respectfully BBM. The Def wasn't getting them to say anything, that is the Detectives Theory of what happened. That she willingly got into the car of EA. And the several Det/investigators stated they all had about the same theory. So JMHO it just not what some want to hear or had their own theory set up as. Sorry I do not mean this to sound snarky just an observation. And on the drug charges, again JMHO was allowed to ask as it could possibly have something some how to do with the big picture. HF was given use immunity by the State and Feds, so the State wanted info also. WE (myself or jury) do not know the extent of HF drug dealings other than he sold to undercover and is doing federal time. This case is Agg Kidnapping but someday there could be a murder case against someone. And if so then any info from this case could potentially be used. JMHO

Thanks for clarifying :) It is difficult to tell how testimony went sometimes without knowing the verbatim.

With regards to HF, I was referring to risk to his person from the people named, not risk of prosecution - it just seems like something his lawyer should have objected to since it was already stated he is not a POI in Christina's case (to me, meaning his associations aren't instrumental either). I guess it is likely several of those people are also in jail or will be as a result of that investigation so perhaps it is moot.

@vlwigg Is this someone who worked with Ea?

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account
‏@vlwigg
.@XXXX Yes, he used to work at Sprint store with Arochi. Now owns a construction business #arochitrial

Also arrested in Dallas County for marijuana possession; 2014 Plano arrest for marijuana possession, witness says #arochitrial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd