GUILTY IA - Kraigen Grooms for child sexual abuse, Ottumwa, 2013

I didn't look into the construction company much back then, but it is a lot older than I thought, so it might be a multi million company. I thought it was owned by kiddie rapists father, but it's owned by his grandfather, and many family members work in it.

I looked at it. Major major money. Multi million for sure.

If they had money he would not have sat in jail for 2 years, IMO
At least there is a resolution and he did serve time.

His 10 year sentence was suspended as long as he doesn't break his probation. He could still serve more time.

human what site did you use to look up the companies worth?

I hadn't heard of this case until today. No jail time for raping a toddler? I am disgusted.

His 10 year sentence was suspended as long as he doesn't break his probation. He could still serve more time.

human what site did you use to look up the companies worth?

None. Just looked at their website . I know what companies like that make as my family was in construction. Just as worker bees, They may build houses also, but they are building those huge commercial places. The equipment alone to do that kind of construction costs big bucks.

Think of the owners of big construction companies that you know. Two homes at least. One regular and one vacation. Boats, trips, expensive vehicles.

[h=1]Judge spares prison for Iowa teen who raped toddler girl in live video — and plotted to assault boy[/h]
[FONT=&quot]He pleaded guilty July 25 to a lesser charge of engaging in a lascivious act with a child.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Grooms, who also goes by the name Kraigen Simmers, will not spend any time in prison after Judge Randy Degeest handed him a [/FONT]10-year suspended sentence[FONT=&quot].

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The teen was released from jail following his guilty plea, after spending more than two years in juvenile detention and then the Wapello County Jail.[/FONT]

Speechless! What the hell is wrong with this judge? This man was at the time of his arrest already planning on assaulting another little girl. I feel that for any future assaults that darn judge needs to serve the same time in jail....he is allowing that to happen. I will never, ever understand how these sick vultures get off so lightly. I pray for the poor girl and her parents.

He. Will. Do. This. Again.

I'm so disgusted I don't even know what else to say.

imo

There are petitions to get the judge recalled. In a world where rapists and abusers are seeming to go free or be given less and less consequences, I am beginning to wonder about the mechanisms at play for judges. Is it ignorance? Is it wanting to ensure they have a second chance? (Although this guy is going on the offender registry) Is it the idea that drugs/alcohol are the reason for the "mistakes"? Is it an effort to lessen the killing of victims because the consequences are less dire? I don't know but I am not sure but I am getting pretty discouraged by the judicial system.

The family did not want to prosecute, Prison sentences would make him come out worse. His family turned him in so hopefully they will keep their eyes on him.

What will he do with the fact he has an SO label? It apesrs he comes from a family of means so maybe they will provide a job for him. College? Hm.

Outrageous. He will do it again! Thankfully the family turned him in. It's not the family's responsibility to provide supervision. Obviously the parents couldn't foresee his perverted behavior.

If he was in my family, I would be watching him as he is out, Would I feel OK if he did it again? No one can watch him 24/7, but they can check things out with his day,

He needs to work and have some kind of life so he does not reoffend, I am not sure how that will happen.

I am myatified by the judge saying that the people were good at getting teens to do the abuse and the fact he thought he was talking to a teenage girl What difference does that make? Abusing a baby is OK with a teenage girl?

The family did not want to prosecute, Prison sentences would make him come out worse. His family turned him in so hopefully they will keep their eyes on him.

What will he do with the fact he has an SO label? It apesrs he comes from a family of means so maybe they will provide a job for him. College? Hm.

I think the family wishes thing is bogus. The prosecutor has to ensure the well-being of the citizenry. The child would never testify. They have video. They have witnesses that are out of state.

The biggest issue for me is that this potentially a child of means who walks away with a deal. Low risk..... the little girl abducted in GA and found tied to a tree after an assault had an abductor who offended in '96 but not again until now. Who is supposed to keep kids safe? Not so different from the judge in the Stanford rape case-- little no jail time, SO registry but don't want to ruin his life.

Can you tell that I am enraged? Sorry for the vent. Too many kids, too many heinous adults, too many people getting away with things for my taste.

I am truly hoping the judge is right that prison is not a good idea. These offenders do not spend life in prison. So,they get out. I hope all of the things that can be done will keep this kid from reoffending. He comes from a family of means so therapy to the max, I,hope.

Ok, so this article had so many grammatical errors that it was hard to focus... BUT, I'm unclear as to what they are saying. Are they saying that he thought the toddler he was raping was a teenage girl he met online?! How does this even begin to make sense?

I think what they are saying is that Grooms was talking to who he thought was a teenage girl online, but the "teenage girl" was actually adult male pedophiles pretending to be a teenage girl. They are saying that the men, pretending to be a teenage girl, manipulated Grooms into raping the toddler.

If he was in my family, I would be watching him as he is out, Would I feel OK if he did it again? No one can watch him 24/7, but they can check things out with his day,

He needs to work and have some kind of life so he does not reoffend, I am not sure how that will happen.

I am myatified by the judge saying that the people were good at getting teens to do the abuse and the fact he thought he was talking to a teenage girl What difference does that make? Abusing a baby is OK with a teenage girl?

BBM ~ I am mystified as well! He was 16, way old enough to know right from wrong, and certainly old enough to recognize the pain and terror that the toddler must have been feeling as he was raping her. I can't even imagine.

But that's how it is nowadays. Nobody is responsible for their own behavior any longer. There is always an excuse, someone else to blame, someone else to scapegoat, someone else to sue.

imo of course

I don't think he did anything to physically hurt the baby. I think it was other things.Hopefully there is zero memory

Is this "kid" the one we saw in the Homeland Security pics a couple few years ago? They thought he may have been a victim?

There are petitions to get the judge recalled. In a world where rapists and abusers are seeming to go free or be given less and less consequences, I am beginning to wonder about the mechanisms at play for judges. Is it ignorance? Is it wanting to ensure they have a second chance? (Although this guy is going on the offender registry) Is it the idea that drugs/alcohol are the reason for the "mistakes"? Is it an effort to lessen the killing of victims because the consequences are less dire? I don't know but I am not sure but I am getting pretty discouraged by the judicial system.
I wonder if they have sympathy for paedophiles instead of victims, when they give out punishments like this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T-Dog
Back