GUILTY NY - 30 injured in Manhattan bombing, 17 Sept 2016 *Ahmad Khan Rahimi arrested*

I think it's the weather, or everyone is driving instead of mass transit because of the problems at the Elizabeth train station.

Took me 2 1/2 hours to drive from the Jersey shore to Newark this morning.

Keeping all of NYC and NJ in my prayers, as I sit here in my office worrying.

Re BBM
I bet lots more people elected to drive. And I dont blame them. Staying away from mass transit is probably a good idea at least for a little while till LE hones in on them all.

I hope they hunt him down like a bunch of rabid dogs!!! And, I do believe this is a sign of much bigger things to come. May push me to seriously consider moving to Havana, Cuba.

The FBI described Ahmad Khan Rahami as a U.S. citizen of Afghan descent with a last known address in Elizabeth, New Jersey -- the same city where an explosives-laden backback was found Sunday night.

The backpack in Elizabeth, New Jersey, was found around 9:30 p.m. Sunday in a wastebasket outside a neighborhood pub -- about 500 feet from a train trestle.

It contained up to five devices. The two men who found the backpack thought it might contain something valuable, but they alerted police when they saw wires and a pipe on the devices.

Bomb technicians sent a robot to examine the devices. As the robot was doing so, one of the devices detonated. The robot that went in to disarm it, cut a wire and it exploded.

Police continued to search Linden and Elmora streets, close to where the backpack was found, on Monday morning. The search was connected to the ongoing terror investigation.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/19/us/new-york-explosion-investigation/

@@screenshot.gif

The FBI is asking for assistance in locating Ahmad Khan Rahami. Rahami is wanted for questioning in connection with an explosion that occurred on September 17, 2016, at approximately 8:30 p.m. in the vicinity of 135 West 23rd Street, New York, New York. Rahami is a 28-year-old United States citizen of Afghan descent born on January 23, 1988, in Afghanistan. His last known address was in Elizabeth, New Jersey. He is about 5’ 6” tall and weighs approximately 200 pounds. Rahami has brown hair, brown eyes, and brown facial hair.
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/ahmad-khan-rahami

It was the perps family and or friends.

Yeah, that was the gist of what I understood too as I had just caught the end of what they were saying about the pullover.

Since they were all packed up and ready to get out of the area it makes me think they had to have known what the son was doing. Otherwise just call LE about him. They apparantly had no intention of helping LE and were trying to scoot right on out of town. JMO

We have all heard that there are cells in every state, but if the agencies know that, why are we taken by surprise??? Aren't these creeps monitored? Or just too many of them? UGH JMO

[FONT=&amp]tid bits
"The crudity of the devices in all three cases certainly doesn't point to any group that's been developing (improvised explosive devices) for years,

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]official added that the crude nature of the devices and the apparent low level of planning had some investigators concerned that the blasts were just a test of New York's security.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"That's what worries us: Was this some kind of test run, not just of the devices, but also of the surveillance in New York and the response?"

second device was discovered on Saturday night by state troopers after a bomb exploded in Manhattan's Chelsea - deos this contradict the old lady calling it in or is this a different bomb

Adan was a student there, but has not been enrolled since the spring semester.

ntended major was information systems, which is a computer-related field.

The FBI considers the Minnesota episode a "potential act of terrorism,"

to look to see if the three devices in the New York area had a common design, although a US official familiar with the inquiry said that would not be proof in itself the attacks were linked.

ineffectiveness of these does not suggest that a more sophisticated group played any role in this."

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]innesota has had a problem with local domestic radicalisation. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Minneapolis, the state capital, has a significant Somali population, and there had been some cases reported of young men travelling to Somalia to join the Al-Shebaab, extremist group. "But more recently, they are joining Isil," Mr Lister said,

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] first successful terrorist[/FONT]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/19/explosion-in-new-york-29-injured-in-pressure-cooker-bomb-attack/[FONT=&quot] attack since September 11

[/FONT]

Fox 5:

Ray Kelly, former NYPD Comm

the operating premise
was that the car that was stopped (5 peop) was heading to the airport

investigation is moving rapidly

The news reported AKR family was stopped on the Belt Pkwy. Possibly on thier way to the airport.

We have all heard that there are cells in every state, but if the agencies know that, why are we taken by surprise??? Aren't these creeps monitored? Or just too many of them? UGH JMO

You can't arrest people in US unless they have done something or there is a proof they are going to do something. We have a lot of people and not just terrorists that could or should be locked up but unless they do something they can't be.

You can't arrest people in US unless they have done something or there is a proof they are going to do something. We have a lot of people and not just terrorists that could or should be locked up but unless they do something they can't be.

True. But the photo looks like a mug shot.....maybe just drivers license photo.....just wonder if ABC agencies were aware of the family and tendencies.....

Fox 5:

the operating premise

Buying and opening up a small mom and pop corner store is not cheap in a city like NJ and NYC. It makes me furious that tax breaks and other benefits are afforded immigrants and they turn around and stab the country in the back by bombing its citizens.

Well see it soon. "I know nothing. I know nothing. We didnt know he had started to become radicalized"

BS. Why was your car loaded to the hilt with all your belongings then? Why not just call LE if you were all innocent?

Its so infuriating. I hope anyone who had any prior knowledge or who provided any support or funds or housing of the perps all get charged accordingly.

True. But the photo looks like a mug shot.....maybe just drivers license photo.....just wonder if ABC agencies were aware of the family and tendencies.....

I think it's a passport photo or naturalization photo.

Fox 5:

the operating premise

Former Commis Ray Kelly is Anchor Greg kelly's father.

The radio was saying the same thing regarding the extreme alert. All their phones went off and we have received wanted alerts but never extreme

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sky news interesting - the system they used to do it up till today was amber alerts and serious weather warnings , first time that system used for something other than the two mentioned

CARIIS;12815533 Minnesota has had a problem with local domestic radicalisation. Minneapolis said:
Snipped by me.

Minneapolis is not the state capital of Minnesota. St. Paul is the capital. Together, Minneapolis and St. Paul are the Twin Cities. St. Cloud is a small city NW of the Twin Cities.

Just had to say that....

Buying and opening up a small mom and pop corner store is not cheap in a city like NJ and NYC. It makes me furious that tax breaks and other benefits are afforded immigrants and they turn around and stab the country in the back by bombing its citizens.

Well see it soon. "I know nothing. I know nothing. We didnt know he had started to become radicalized"

BS. Why was your car loaded to the hilt with all your belongings then? Why not just call LE if you were all innocent?

Its so infuriating. I hope anyone who had any prior knowledge or who provided any support or funds or housing of the perps all get charged accordingly.
They were packed and getting out of dodge before the perps name and face hit the news.

I find it a little strange that right at the top of the hour 8 EST, all the major news stations released the picture of the suspect.

I wonder if LE had his picture much earlier and didnt release it to media until the work day started. What would be the motive to wait to start of work day? Were they afraid that people would not go to work if they told media before then?
Knowing he was still on loose?

They were packed and getting out of dodge before the perps name and face hit the news.

Yes good point. They had to have been in order to have that much stuff packed in that car. Proof of prior knowledge.

[h=1]Timeline | New York explosions, 17 September 2016[/h]
[FONT="][B]Saturday 9:35am ET[/B] [I](2:35pm BST)[/I] Pipe bomb explodes near a charity race organised by the US Marines. There were no injuries, but the race was cancelled. A second device was found near the site.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Saturday 8:30pm ET (1:30am BST Sunday) A loud explosion is heard in the Chelsea neighbourhood of Manhattan, New York.

[FONT="][B]Saturday 8:15pm CT[/B] [I](Sunday 2:15am BST)[/I] Knife-wielding assailant dressed in security guard uniform stabs 8 people in a Minnesota shopping centre.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Saturday 9:45pm ET (Sunday 2:45am BST) New York fire department tweets that 25 people have been injured in the New York blast, none with life-threatening injuries. The total is later upped to 29.[/FONT]
[FONT="][B]Saturday 11:30pm ET[/B] [I](Sunday 4:30am BST)[/I] A second device built from a pressure cooker and containing wires and a mobile phone is discovered a few blocks from the New York blast site. It is safely defused before being sent to an FBI lab for investigation.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Sunday 10:45am (3:45pm BST) Isil claim the perpetrator of the Minnesota stabbings, reportedly a 22-year-old Somali American, to be a "soldier of the caliphate".[/FONT]
[FONT="][B]Sunday 8:30pm ET[/B] [I](Monday 1:30am BST)[/I] Police respond to reports of a suspicious backpack with wires and pipes in a rubbish near a station in New Jersey. They discover multiple IEDs, detonating one via a bomb disposal robot.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Sunday 8:45pm ET (Monday 1:45am BST) FBI agents detain five people for questioning over the New York explosion after stopping their car on a Brooklyn highway.

[FONT="]N[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][FONT="]ew York governor Andrew Cuomo has told CBS that a possible 'foreign connection' is suspected in the New York blast

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT="][INDENT=2][FONT="]No electronic timing devices or mobile phones were found with them.

This still confuses me?? How would it go off? [/FONT]

[/INDENT]
[/FONT]

[FONT="][CENTER][/CENTER]

[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT="]
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...rk-29-injured-in-pressure-cooker-bomb-attack/

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=timeline+of+bombs&tbs=qdr:h[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I like to work with timelines - thanks. (Anyone want to make a map of the case locations?)

Regarding the bomb, I recall a person leaving bombs in my city (decades ago, local nut). The bombs were set to go of if jostled. So, the people who picked them up were injured (like fire-cracker injuries). I don't know if that is the case here, but if so, the guys who found them are very lucky! Hmm....now I am thinking of the device left in Central Park. It went off when stepped on.

jmo

I hope they hunt him down like a bunch of rabid dogs!!! And, I do believe this is a sign of much bigger things to come. May push me to seriously consider moving to Havana, Cuba.
Or the Wilds of Pennslyvania.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769
Back