Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone just see the ad on channel 9? There's a woman that dated GT before Warriena and when she wouldn't go back to his apartment he didn't like it. I think it's on tonight at some stage?

I assume that's the one he posted about on the bodybuilding board. Samantha I think her name was.

AND that is how you get away with murder.....I feel so so sorry for WW's family, friends & supporters & ashamed to be a Queenslander right now, because of our Justice System.....A BLOODY DISGRACE !!!...:shame::sick::maddening::tears::furious:
I highly doubt there will be a sudden epidemic of women pitching themselves off of balconies after mind control and brainwashing from men they met on Tinder.

I've been reading through the whole thread and I was a bit scared to say anything because it seemed everyone had made their minds up about guilt. I think it is a horrible tragedy that this young woman has lost her life and I feel deeply for her family. When I first heard the tapes though I felt she was not really in a good state of mind and that was before hearing her on the balcony. People have said maybe she had a mental health issue and that wouldn't suprise me seeing as I read they had found self inflicted scars on her wrist, thighs and somewhere else on her body I can't remember. I think that and the alcohol maybe triggered something in her head that night. She was saying things that made no sense. Don't get me wrong I think tostee is a massive tosser. I also think he has problems which maybe haven't been adressed the way they should have for him to live life in society. I think the combination of the two made for a tragic outcome on that night. I also wonder if maybe she did defecate in her pants and that is why he said your not my type of girl etc etc. Its a strange case all over and I do really feel for both familys. I do think a murder charge would have been wrong and maybe also a manslaughter charge but I think he should be held accountable for her being in his charge with being that drunk. Very sad :/

The thing is ... it is not illegal to record conversations in Queensland with your mobile device without the consent of other parties, but it IS illegal to share those recordings on social media without the consent of other parties. And GT has done this with other than Warriena's recording. Nothing W could do about it because she is no longer with us. But others can.

I thought this verdict would be the outcome of the trial.

GT may have been found to be legally 'Not Guilty' of murder or manslaughter but he will never be morally innocent of causing Warriena's death.

As for the ethical implications of the verdict, they will be brought to bear on others in times to come.

These are my opinions and monition.

Thank you so much, sleep!

I can't download it on a mobile device unfortunately and I'm about to pass out from exhaustion so I can't listen now. Does anyone know of a place I can listen to this tomorrow? Thanks!

Christina I will give you a new link tomorrow - I just don't want it in public view for too long - we have guests you know :)

Christina I will give you a new link tomorrow - I just don't want it in public view for too long - we have guests you know :)

I can't access the link either. Could you PM me? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But that's what I mean. When you remove his voice from the picture during those last minutes and only focus on the noises it's clear a struggle was happening and there was choking involved. She also begins screaming once he opens those sliding doors. The glass on the balcony is knocked over and there is a lot of struggling noises and screaming from her then the glass is knocked again (the glass is not on carpet, it's clearly on the balcony). Then he shuts the door as she starts begging to be allowed to just go home and you hear a click of what sounds like a lock.

How can people listen to that and not come to the conclusion that his reaction/force was unnecessary under the circumstances? I don't get it.

How is creating safe and immediate physical separation in the midst of a physical altercation NOT considered THE smartest thing he could do?

You would be hard pressed to find a single professional that wouldn't encourage locking yourself away from the violence if given the chance.

You want to use his words afterward? Doesn't he tell his father he chucked her out there because he was getting beaten up? He doesn't say because she was hysterical, or out of contol... he says he does it for his own safety.

As promised - here is a link to the full Audio:

I will only leave this available until later tonight - so I suggest that you download the file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w68e2nzpkwj8nye/Tostee Tape.mp3?dl=0
Don't delete too soon many of us can't access it yet!

Error (429)
This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Thanks for putting it up, will try again soon.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I can't access the link either. Could you PM me? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The link will be the same if I PM you. Maybe it's just really busy atm.

Anyone else have a problem with it?

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou [video=twitter;788978350291230720]https://twitter.com/KateKyriacou/status/788978350291230720[/video]
Gable Tostee's solicitor Nick Dore made a brief statement outside court, expressed relief. Tostee stood next to him, didn't speak.
Couldn't even be bothered to send regards to Warriena's family? Would just rather gloat over his 'victory' and how happy Gable is.. Classy :/

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He might have to move to another State. No girl on the Gold Coast would touch him with a barge pole.

What a creepy person he is.
You don't know the gold coast. Not only will he be a minor celebrity but now has bad boy status.

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Couldn't even be bothered to send regards to Warriena's family? Would just rather gloat over his 'victory' and how happy Gable is.. Classy :/

My thoughts exactly, pretty disgraceful.

I doubt his silence is anything other than the consequence of very sound legal advice which would have been....never, ever, ever, ever, ever anywhere unless it is in a Confessional or your Lawyer's office say anything. The Crown will be hanging out for anything he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769