GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #14

What piece of evidence is not credible and shouldn't used?
In this case, any statements that Chris made to the police. He clearly lied to them on more than one occasion.

In this case, any statements that Chris made to the police. He clearly lied to them on more than one occasion.

So if a suspect lies once, the cops should never believe any other things that say?

My ultimate point is, if a piece of evidence is not credible on its own, it should not be used as evidence. Especially not to bootstrap other less-than-credible evidence.

Bootstrapping? So are you saying the cops are being fascist or are bullying him?

So if a suspect lies once, the cops should never believe any other things that say?
Can they use their statement as an investigative tool? Absolutely. But it's useless as court testimony.

Actually, it is only useless if the jury thinks it is and you aren't on the jury. Clearly it was admissible, as we know about it because it was played in court to the jury. Conversely, I find it very useful information in determining his guilt.

Actually, it is only useless if the jury thinks it is and you aren't on the jury. Clearly it was admissible, as we know about it because it was played in court to the jury. Conversely, I find it very useful information in determining his guilt.
Inadmissible evidence gets put before juries routinely. Otherwise there wouldn't be appellate divisions.

Just because he lied to LE about knowing Erin and changed his story doesn't make the interviews inadmissible in court. :gaah:

If someone is being questioned by the police, and they make two mutually exclusive statements. That person is a liar. Why should anyone assume the second statement is more truthful than the first?

In other words, why should we believe Chris was there just because he says he was?

IF his statement about seeing Erin's car was a complete fabrication, then he didn't know where her car was, and wouldn't have been able to tell anyone about it.

Lol.

I could tell your posts from miles away 77DH7.

You must be a riot at jury duty. Lols.

Good day to you.

Can they use their statement as an investigative tool? Absolutely. But it's useless as court testimony.

The State is showing he lies. His changing stories based on the evidence they reveal to him prove he is not innocent. He has not been framed Darkhorse, I hope you can deal with that truth.

There are NO alternative theories, Jon did NOT kill Erin.

The State is showing he lies. His changing stories based on the evidence they reveal to him prove he is not innocent. He has not been framed Darkhorse, I hope you can deal with that truth.

There are NO alternative theories, Jon did NOT kill Erin.

I don't know. Maybe John killed her, and Chris is just pretending to be guilty, to throw off the cops?

I don't know. Maybe John killed her, and Chris is just pretending to be guilty, to throw off the cops?
That would give a new meaning to semper fi... NOT!!!!!

I am sure the husband has mixed emotions. But Erin still didn't deserve to be killed. And I'm sorry that hubby had to face these come to light issues as well. Very sad case all around.

Sorry if this comes up twice. I was using tapatalk (first time user, yay) and I guess there's a time delay?? Regardless it isn't here. Anyways, this is an explanation of the cell phone evidence: http://bit.ly/2ePhXgA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back