A&E The Killing Season Episodes 1 and 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the recap, the sister of Amber who worked with her. At the beginning she said Craiglist, but at the end she said Backpage. Which ad was she on or the others who were on when they actually disappeared? And who brought her in to be interviewed? His face was blurred out. Is she still working?

In the beginning she just said she wanted to see him, the man that killed Amber. Is she hunting him down? Putting herself in dangerous situations? I hope not, but I could understand.

I had a friend who worked as a pro-domme. She advertised on both. I believe more clients came from BackPage as Craigs List started clamping down on adult listings. I think the sister did the same and was just using the words interchangeably.

As far as the killer putting up an ad.....there would be no need for that. There are so many ads for girls with offering every service you could think of. With my friend, one day out of the week would be refreshing all her ads. I would be over watching tv and within an hour of putting up her new ad, the phone would be ringing off the hook. A lot of times, one of the first things the guy would ask is "are you alone". A few times she would ask for checkin calls. Used to make me very uneasy.

I am an amateur sleuth. I have investigated these cases in detail. I have came up with a name. There are about 6 people with this name in the New York City and Long Island areas.

I have focused on a man with a history to Belli Topsoil in Brentwood and King's Park Psychiatric Center which shut down in 1996.

He is in his fifties and has apparently lived on Long Island for many years if not his entire life. I turned this information over to the authorities several years ago. I feel as if he was never investigated, lost in the mountain of tips received.

Can "The Killing Season" help?

Honestly I'd love a van like that...I don't see why necessarily that's scary. Some ppl like me like weird and unusual things. The article was fascinating but I don't see why any of it was considered frightening as well, but that's just me

For SleuthVT:
That's a great old GQ article you posted. Glad you found it! Yes, he did post here as truthspider. (Hope I don't get in trouble yikes!) He did provide a lot of information - he seemed to have a vendetta out for the good doctor Hackett...
For thefragile7393:
I've read the article a few times, but THIS time it was scary to me too - with his background, he actually fits the LISK profile - JMO (just my opinion)! Do I believe it's him? Not really, but who knows? I LOVE the Land Sub - wish I had one! It sure would be a good way to transport...KWIM? (Know what I mean?)
Welcome to you both!:rollercoaster:

I am an amateur sleuth. I have investigated these cases in detail. I have came up with a name. There are about 6 people with this name in the New York City and Long Island areas.

I have focused on a man with a history to Belli Topsoil in Brentwood and King's Park Psychiatric Center which shut down in 1996.

He is in his fifties and has apparently lived on Long Island for many years if not his entire life. I turned this information over to the authorities several years ago. I feel as if he was never investigated, lost in the mountain of tips received.

Can "The Killing Season" help?

Welcome Watson!

Has he been mentioned in a press article that you could share on WS? (Websleuths?) If not, maybe you can give us his initials - some of us may know him.
More importantly, I suggest you contact Suffolk County Authorities again - they now have a task force and the FBI is for sure involved so let them know again. If you call the tip line and tell them it's about Gilgo, they should transfer you to a detective. That's what happened when I reported something. Come to think of it, maybe I should report MY info again...hmmm. Here's a link to report tips to SCPD. Scroll down a bit to see a special tip line for the Gilgo cases. Hopefully Danse Macabre will answer you too!
http://longisland.about.com/od/gove...ounty-Police-Department-Tips-About-Crimes.htm

Hi, first post here. Have read through the thread and a few others and one thing that some have highlighted is a possible personal and historical connection to the beach area the killer places the victims in. But would this really be a necessary feature in the way he operates and thinks? I live 5,000 miles away from Long Island and the Ocean Parkway road, but I can travel up and down it virtually on my computer with Google Maps. Google Maps launched in 2005 and Street View in 2007.

Simply being aware (as many hundreds of thousands of people are) of this seemingly never ending desolate road may have been all that was needed to take a closer look without having to even go there - doing it virtually online. The location would also satisfy any desire to revisit the victims without any suspicion - by just driving by them, something hundreds of thousands of other people have done with out even knowing what was just a few feet from the road - something that may also have been a factor on choosing that site. Just a Few Thoughts.

No he has not been mentioned in any press articles. I don't want to potentially taint or compromise the ongoing investigation by giving his initials out at this point in time.

I sent my info via a tip line to the state police and the FBI. I'm sure they did nothing with the name. I may use the above link and contact the Suffolk County authorities in case the FBI and state police didn't share the info.

I've always been adamant that the killer is local and possibly passes or can see the sights of the Gilgo cases on a regular basis.

Thank you for your information.

Local perspective is so important in these cases! Welcome and thank you for joining us!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Also there is an occupied guard booth at those beaches but only from sun up to sundown and it's never occupied in the winter. Cedar beach has camping and docks. Gilgo has docks and a walk through tunnel that goes under ocean parkway but I believe it's locked in the winter. Most of the median between west bound and east bound ocean parkway has guard rails and scrub brush. You have to drive quite a ways between beaches for a turn around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Also there is an occupied guard booth at those beaches but only from sun up to sundown and it's never occupied in the winter. Cedar beach has camping and docks. Gilgo has docks and a walk through tunnel that goes under ocean parkway but I believe it's locked in the winter. Most of the median between west bound and east bound ocean parkway has guard rails and scrub brush. You have to drive quite a ways between beaches for a turn around.

fad2d85576505455237001e4c4177827.jpg
I photographed it last summer.

Welcome Watson!

Has he been mentioned in a press article that you could share on WS? (Websleuths?) If not, maybe you can give us his initials - some of us may know him.
More importantly, I suggest you contact Suffolk County Authorities again - they now have a task force and the FBI is for sure involved so let them know again. If you call the tip line and tell them it's about Gilgo, they should transfer you to a detective. That's what happened when I reported something. Come to think of it, maybe I should report MY info again...hmmm. Here's a link to report tips to SCPD. Scroll down a bit to see a special tip line for the Gilgo cases. Hopefully Danse Macabre will answer you too!
http://longisland.about.com/od/gove...ounty-Police-Department-Tips-About-Crimes.htm

Sorry, I'm new to this. I should have responded to you with your reply in quotes.

No he has not been mentioned in any press articles. I don't want to potentially taint or compromise the ongoing investigation by giving his initials out at this point in time.

I sent my info via a tip line to the state police and the FBI. I'm sure they did nothing with the name. I may use the above link and contact the Suffolk County authorities in case the FBI and state police didn't share the info.

I've always been adamant that the killer is local and possibly passes or can see the sites of the Gilgo 4 on a regular basis.

Thank you for your information. Yes, I hope Danse Macabre replies too.

I taped the show and just watched it tonight. I believe that I heard that the Killer has a season that starts in June.
If this is correct, has anyone considered that the killer may be a teacher... Live and work in the city, Off for the summer on Long Island?

Old poster here (I used to post as Reagan in the Caylee Anthony forum, but can no longer access my account. I even sent the admin an email for help but no response)

Anyway, sorry I have not read all these threads, but I was just thinking about LISK a few months ago, wondering why there hasn't been any updates, so I was excited to see that there's a documentary about him. Which I am enjoying so far.

My question is...is there a reason that James Burke isn't a suspect? First, the documentary pointed out wikipedia edits from a PD ISP. Then there's the whole beating the crap out of some junkie who stole a bag of his sex toys thing. He has engaged with at least one prostitute that we know of. He blocked the FBI from getting anywhere near this case, and I'm not sure I'm buying the excuse that he was only worried about them uncovering his dirty laundry with prostitutes. Lastly, (sorry I am too tired to look up the case right now) he was a witness to teens murdering a young boy and shoving rocks down his throat, but there is a question as to whether he actually participated.

I tried to search around google yesterday as go whether he was even a suspect in the LISK case but found very little. So again I ask, is there a reason why he's not a main suspect?

Sorry, I'm new to this. I should have responded to you with your reply in quotes.

I've always been adamant that the killer is local and possibly passes or can see the sites of the Gilgo 4 on a regular basis.

Thank you for your information. Yes, I hope Danse Macabre replies too.
LOL You're a quick learner! Doing just fine! When I first started posting, I'd write a big ole detailed post (haha) just to have it disappear over and over again! Many times I've sheepishly asked for help and gotten only kind replies. I'm the meanest one here so if you can deal with me you'll be alright.. And I still screw up - all the time.

Hi Everyone,

CLICK HERE to listen to last Tuesday's Websleuths Radio (Nov. 16th) with guests Todd Matthews from NAMUS and profiler Peter Brendt.

You need to listen to this show. Lots of interesting information.

Thank you and carry on :)

Tricia

Hi Everyone,

CLICK HERE to listen to last Tuesday's Websleuths Radio (Nov. 16th) with guests Todd Matthews from NAMUS and profiler Peter Brendt.

You need to listen to this show. Lots of interesting information.

Thank you and carry on :)

Tricia
For those who haven't heard it, I highly recommend you listen. It was chock full of information.

Tricia,
Thank you for this forum. I'm posting this again (shorter version) because originally I didn't know where to post it. Someone asked if I had passed this on to the producers of the show? I didn't know how. I posted it on Peter Brendt's forum. I'll get the hang of this soon, I promise. Thx, everyone.

I'm a retired MD, but I was not a silver spoon child. I've been interested in investigative techniques & profiling for as long as I can recall. I often wished I had chosen forensic pathology as a specialty, but I have studied some.

I noted that each time the Gilgo Beach 4 murders were discussed on A&E's The Killing Season, it was stated that the four victims were "wrapped carefully in burlap". This caught my attention, because the reporter shown on A&E held up a burlap sack, stating they were "stuffed in a burlap sack like this". Her statement was strikingly different from every other comment made. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems they were carefully wrapped in burlap.

This brings to mind two things to me:
1) My father was a furniture upholsterer. He was a brilliant artist even with furniture. But, burlap comes in "Bolts" or large rolls. I read in a forum post that it was reported by police that they thought the perpetrator had access to large amounts of burlap. The Bolts they are shipped in are large and EVERY upholsterer & Furniture Company purchases their burlap in these huge Rolls.
2) Secondly, it reminds me of something a murderer who has deeply twisted scripture in to his thinking. "Sack Cloth" is a religious inference, and burlap is basically a type of sack cloth. Were any ashes either near the bodies or buried with the bodies? Or, were the ladies burned or clothing burned?

These 4 ladies were killed by the same murderer. It seems to me that the killer in this case was a very Organized Killer. He is meticulous. So are upholsterers. (Disorganized killers are not meticulous & they rip bodies & dismember bodies. Mr Brendt called them "torso killers"). The bodies being "wrapped carefully" in burlap cries of meticulous work that an upholsterer would use in their work. This is a gruesome thought, but even the bodies being wrapped in burlap gives the impression of either someone wishing to toy with police by giving them a clue and laughing- by way of "stuffing cushions", or some other arrogant reason. They certainly are trophies. Upholsterers are required to measure fabric precisely, just like this killer laid out each of the 4 bodies exactly 500 yards apart. This was a startlingly precise measurement for the burial sites. If this SK owns a large furniture store, it has taken him years to establish the company in the area, unless it was handed down to him. If he built it himself, he's likely at least in his early 40's. Again, his age would depend on how long it has taken him to build his company & to gain such notoriety to ensure his ability to make his victims feel completely comfortable getting in to his vehicle or in going to his home.

If I had to make my best guess, I'd suggest that this killer OWNS a furniture company in the area. He's a church-going citizen and well-thought of in the community. These burial sites were shoved right in the faces of the police & the community. He is narcissistic (most serial killers are), but is Organized & meticulous. He doesn't think he'll ever be caught. His good standing in the community also gave him credibility with the victims. We know that SK's have learned how to make their victims feel comfortable. He has probably advertised on local or even regional TV in the area. If this is correct, he has a lot of money, and can travel. This killer is particularly dangerous due to the things I've mentioned above. I hesitated stating that, because he will possibly read this & get great pleasure from it. However, I couldn't care much less for his feelings. The community needs to be on alert for someone like I've described.

One last note. Mr Brendt mentioned that the burial sites are not the only "trophies" of the SK in this case. That's correct. SK's keep a trophy somewhere they have access to in order to allow them to relive the killing & the excitement of their horrid acts.

I realize I'm new to this website & forum, but I hope that at least my observations might help to jog someone's memory or give more clues to help find the killer.

docrocker

Tricia,
Thank you for this forum. I'm posting this again (shorter version) because originally I didn't know where to post it. Someone asked if I had passed this on to the producers of the show? I didn't know how. I posted it on Peter Brendt's forum. I'll get the hang of this soon, I promise. Thx, everyone.

I'm a retired MD, but I was not a silver spoon child. I've been interested in investigative techniques & profiling for as long as I can recall. I often wished I had chosen forensic pathology as a specialty, but I have studied some.

I noted that each time the Gilgo Beach 4 murders were discussed on A&E's The Killing Season, it was stated that the four victims were "wrapped carefully in burlap". This caught my attention, because the reporter shown on A&E held up a burlap sack, stating they were "stuffed in a burlap sack like this". Her statement was strikingly different from every other comment made. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems they were carefully wrapped in burlap.

This brings to mind two things to me:
1) My father was a furniture upholsterer. He was a brilliant artist even with furniture. But, burlap comes in "Bolts" or large rolls. I read in a forum post that it was reported by police that they thought the perpetrator had access to large amounts of burlap. The Bolts they are shipped in are large and EVERY upholsterer & Furniture Company purchases their burlap in these huge Rolls.
2) Secondly, it reminds me of something a murderer who has deeply twisted scripture in to his thinking. "Sack Cloth" is a religious inference, and burlap is basically a type of sack cloth. Were any ashes either near the bodies or buried with the bodies? Or, were the ladies burned or clothing burned?

These 4 ladies were killed by the same murderer. It seems to me that the killer in this case was a very Organized Killer. He is meticulous. So are upholsterers. (Disorganized killers are not meticulous & they rip bodies & dismember bodies. Mr Brendt called them "torso killers"). The bodies being "wrapped carefully" in burlap cries of meticulous work that an upholsterer would use in their work. This is a gruesome thought, but even the bodies being wrapped in burlap gives the impression of either someone wishing to toy with police by giving them a clue and laughing- by way of "stuffing cushions", or some other arrogant reason. They certainly are trophies. Upholsterers are required to measure fabric precisely, just like this killer laid out each of the 4 bodies exactly 500 yards apart. This was a startlingly precise measurement for the burial sites. If this SK owns a large furniture store, it has taken him years to establish the company in the area, unless it was handed down to him. If he built it himself, he's likely at least in his early 40's. Again, his age would depend on how long it has taken him to build his company & to gain such notoriety to ensure his ability to make his victims feel completely comfortable getting in to his vehicle or in going to his home.

If I had to make my best guess, I'd suggest that this killer OWNS a furniture company in the area. He's a church-going citizen and well-thought of in the community. These burial sites were shoved right in the faces of the police & the community. He is narcissistic (most serial killers are), but is Organized & meticulous. He doesn't think he'll ever be caught. His good standing in the community also gave him credibility with the victims. We know that SK's have learned how to make their victims feel comfortable. He has probably advertised on local or even regional TV in the area. If this is correct, he has a lot of money, and can travel. This killer is particularly dangerous due to the things I've mentioned above. I hesitated stating that, because he will possibly read this & get great pleasure from it. However, I couldn't care much less for his feelings. The community needs to be on alert for someone like I've described.

One last note. Mr Brendt mentioned that the burial sites are not the only "trophies" of the SK in this case. That's correct. SK's keep a trophy somewhere they have access to in order to allow them to relive the killing & the excitement of their horrid acts.

I realize I'm new to this website & forum, but I hope that at least my observations might help to jog someone's memory or give more clues to help find the killer.

docrocker

Thanks for the excellent and thought provoking post!
Will post this on the burlap thread along with a link that, imo, supports your burlap and religious connection.imo.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?149663-Burlap-and-Forensics&p=12941282#post12941282
[h=1]Burlap and Forensics[/h]

Perhaps I have missed this in the past but I found what Peter Brandt said about the torso versus LISK to be very interesting. Particularly his theory that the torso killer may have moved his victims to Gilgo because he was angry that the killer of the GB 4 was getting too much attention. I think that they're multiple killers involved.

I found that to be interesting as well!! I think there may be two killers are work also.

Does anyone know how common it is for a serial killer to completely change his M.O. over the years? Seems if you're a collector type killer morphing into a torso killer is odd.... But I really don't know much about the psychology of a murderer.

Exactly! If the thought is that she wandered out to the marsh and drown, there is no reason to claim a phone call (911 or otherwise) as "evidence". It sounds as if the FBI really needs to look into this. There doesnt need to be a profiler (since there are only what? 8 of them? but certainly an agent that can investigate - why not? Additionally, the key could be the Asian Male. They made mention of a foreign exchange student - Moe Zhang? Why cant they reach out to Mr. Zhang's family, get a DNA sample from them and run it against the Asian Male's DNA. It could be a FAMILIAL match - and then work backwards. ID'ing the asian male, is the key.

Moe Zhang has been mentioned numerous times on the WS website over the years... I wonder if it has ever been followed up on?? Seems worth a shot right.

Thx dotr
I really appreciate that. I'm so new on this site, I'm bungling things. :)
Thx for the kind words. I just hope they help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nosferatu