Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized I have two FB friends who are friends with both the Gambles and have taken some kind of class from them for Project Taken, back in 2013. How interesting.

That is very interesting.

Do you know these people as your real friends?

I dont have FB so I dont know how things work. My other question would be

Did you have to accept their friend request recently after the case started?

Interesting comments/commenters, too.

"He pointed to the fact that web developers translated the SherriPapini.com website and the ransom letter into Spanish."

I did not know this. Why would they think they had to translate it into Spanish? Did they translate it into other languages such as Vietnamese or Ukrainian?

iirc.. I saw the "accreditation" by Dept of Criminal Justice ( or something like that) referred to of the course that the hostage negotiator had on one of his websites (or was it a video) and my recollection also was a media report said there exists no government agency such as that.

Was the name of that reference to accreditation the same name of the degree or the department that Keith was in?

The Daily Beast article said there was no FEDERAL agency by that name. I assume they didn't think of the possibility that it might be a California state-level agency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might you even purposely leave hair tangled in your earbuds as a message to your husband?

I'll be honest, I struggle to believe either SP or kidnappers would spend/have time to do such a thing in broad daylight. The risk factor alone would be huge.

That is very interesting.

Do you know these people as your real friends?

I dont have FB so I dont know how things work. My other question would be

Did you have to accept their friend request recently after the case started?

My two friends are married to each other, I've know the man for 15 years and the woman for 7. He was my pastor's son growing up.

Probably due to the fact that Spanish is the second most common language in California?

"He pointed to the fact that web developers translated the SherriPapini.com website and the ransom letter into Spanish."

I did not know this. Why would they think they had to translate it into Spanish? Did they translate it into other languages such as Vietnamese or Ukrainian?

BTW, Jennifer Gamble has responded publicly to the newest article about CG. It's in a comment on the article, and she's also posted the same as a public message on her Facebook page.

Thanks for posting that. There are many angles on which one could comment. Here are a few:

--Her comments would have been more compelling if they had been framed in a context of concern for the Papinis. It is striking to me that the Papinis are not mentioned.

--Isn’t it part of the deal when you join the USAF that they are allowed to force you to change jobs?

--I think the Record Searchlight has provided coverage that compares favorably with any of the national media; it strikes me as pretty good reporting for a paper in a town the size of Redding.

--the biggest risk here for the Gs is that Bethel will decide C is a liability and it is understandable that they seek to defend against that.

Broken nose
Presumably severe burns from branding
Long term bruising
Emancipated
Mental

Suggested recovery from emancipation alone calls for a gradual increase of nutrients (presumably several days minimum) to combat mental and physical symptoms. Imagine some sort of skin grafting, infection/wound control, etc. would be required for the branded area on her body. Then, the entire physiological treatment required to recover from this. I’m just imagining at least 24-48 hours just for simple patient observation. What am I missing here? Why such a seemingly short medical stay?

We've had nurses come on here, and tell us that it is typical to send them home with her kind of symptoms. It does not require admission.

The Daily Beast article said there was no FEDERAL agency by that name. I assume they didn't think of the possibility that it might be a California state-level agency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no Department of Criminal Justice in California. The California DOJ is the California Department of Justice.

Might you even purposely leave hair tangled in your earbuds as a message to your husband?

My humble opinion .. no
I can't imagine there would be time
I expect, given the length of her hair, strands caught in things would be common

I think he's referring to the way Google Chrome will automatically translate text. If someone has their browser set up for Spanish, it will prompt readers to click a button that will change English to Spanish.

It's a silly argument for what Cameron Gamble provided, but thats the argument regardless.

There were photos in the 20/20 special but I'm not sure if they were KP's actual photos or a recreation by tthe show. FWIW, the cords did not appear to be neatly coiled nor wrapped around the phone to me. They seemed to be loosely coiled on top of the phone with the ear buds resting on the screen. I've been meaning to try to find a screen shot of the 20/20 picture. I'm surprised no one has posted one here yet.

Recreation for the show. They are not going to show the actual photos in an active investigation. That would only happen if they needed the publics help with identifying something/someone

Good one. Especially in a situation where she may have been held at gun point, and told to put her phone down. Another poster mentioned this scenario last night.

Why did Keith take photos of her phone?

Did he say so LE will know its real?

I know i read that I dont know where.

Anyone?

My understanding, from KP's description, is that he arrived home, noticed it was quiet and no one was around. KP opened the FindMe app on his cellphone to locate the geographical location of his wife's phone. The app led KP to the mailbox area and after looking around a bit, he managed to discover it.

So the app must not require cellular tower coverage or wifi in order to function or KP would have just called SPs phone from their home instead of opening the app.

The iPhone is critical evidence. KP had to know this so he snapped off a few photos of it placed in the grass. Two of those images taken of her phone near the mailboxes are shown in the ABC interview. *See Skib's post above.

Before that happens though, when KP arrives at the family's empty home, why not give his wife's iPhone a call from the landline inside the home? Instead, he immediately goes to the FindMe app, or 1 similar. Anyway, it is a tiny detail that I've pondered after learning their home had a landline phone system.

Fair enough, all I can do is try to lead people to water when I have the chance. Whether you drink it is up to you.
My humble opinion .. no
I can't imagine there would be time
I expect, given the length of her hair, strands caught in things would be common

Just so I have things clear on this....after taking the photos did KP leave the phone in situ, call LE and wait at the phone location for them to turn up or take photos and take it back home were LE turned up?

Sorry if this is a silly question but I haven't followed this case as closely as others.

As far as I can tell, we were never told if he picked the phone up or not after taking pics and calling LE. If he said that in the 20/20 interview they must have cut it. Really frustrating we don't know that detail but I don't think it matters at this point since KP was cleared. JMO.

Things that stand out to me that as far as I have been able to read, haven't been answered or released and that I have kept focused on:

1) I am wondering why the daycare provider didn't call Keith if Sherri was indeed "late" picking up the children.

I worked as a childcare provider for over 10 years with ages 0-5 -- formalized care where we probably had more rules and state guidelines than possibly in-home care (possibly) but I am still drawn to...why didn't (and maybe they did and that just hasn't been released) they phone Keith when Sherri didn't pick them up as planned? Things like adult/child ratios come into play for "formalized" care and "late policy" fees come into play when you are working in a four-room center. Possibly not the case for "in home care" facilities, however.

I should clarify...I don't think it is one bit odd that they had them in "out of home care." I very much am on the team for -- it's very healthy for all; parents, other children, etc.

The knowledge of "usual time / contracted time" of pick up would definitely help with establishing time line. It would make a difference if it was 2:00, 3:00, 4:00 or 5:00 pm. We only know that they were usually home to greet Keith when he got home. If she was supposed to pick up the children by say 2:00 that is quite different than if she was supposed to pick them up by 5:00 and she was just "running a little late."

I say this because if a parent was only 2-3 minutes late for pick up our policy was not to call but when it reached 5-10 minutes late we were to have placed a call to whomever was to pick them up. And if say 30 minutes passed and no call for the parent that was supposed to pick up that day, we were to call the next person on the emergency card.

Knowing they live outside of the Redding area would also set a timeline. How far would Sherri have to go to pick them up? 15 miles into town and 15 miles back seems like a bit of a haul to me. Considering this would be twice a day on most days?

2) Could she have been in fact followed from town (Redding)? Could LE be checking/questioning with neighbors/businesses in and around the children's daycare facility for any strange happenings? Has it been determined where the children where enrolled/provided for at?

Just my thoughts. If someone were to be "watching" Sherri, this seems likely to me. A "creeper(s) sees her regularly say drop off the children on Tuesday's and Thursday's. Sees her in her "ready to work out jogging clothes" often and predictable...and then they wait for their moment of opportunity.

My instictive "uh-oh" tummy meter says to me this set of events plays a part in the abduction.

Completely...my own opinion.

He did call her phone, although I'm not sure if it was from the land line. It was confirmed by ABC's Matt Gutman in some sort of social media as I recall.
Before that happens though, when KP arrives at the family's empty home, why not give his wife's iPhone a call from the landline inside the home? Instead, he immediately goes to the FindMe app, or 1 similar. Anyway, it is a tiny detail that I've pondered after learning their home had a landline phone system.

Whoever registered the domain used Domains By Proxy to conceal their identity. I don't see any way that we would know who registered the domain.

It's GoDaddy, it costs a little extra to register the domain as private. GoDaddy then use the proxy service to register the domain. I use them for my web site. Nobody is going to find who registered the domain, unless you are LE with a warrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mayanlips