MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the info. I know it is sad but they really should get dive teams involved and do a thorough search of Lake Huron & Erie. The FBI is involved now so hopefully they are on that. At least if they find her body, even deceased there is closure for her family. Maybe they are onto the perpetrator and hoping they or someone else who may have been involved will confess to her whereabouts.

Wow, in MI the lakes are frozen. Parts of Lake Huron and & Erie may not be yet, but the water is too cold and thick for anyone it seems. I know if someone is known to fall into the ice, at a specific location, the Coast Guard will search, but just to go searching at random in January just doesn't happen. Maybe in May-June if LE has reason to believe it's needed.

Here are some observations from the Jeep:
Jeep.jpg

There are fingerprints on the back door. Most of the finger prints are smudged, below the registration plate. But there are
finger prints on further to the left on the back door. Those prints seem to come from a left hand. I wander if those prints are
Danielle's. From Instagram pictures it seems that she is right-handed (she consistently uses the phone in her right hand to make selfies).
But of course she might still have used her left hand to close the rear door (for example because she was holding something in her right hand).

However, a Jeep Renegade is 5'6'' high. If the back door opens, it will be higher:
jeepopen.jpg
Maybe it adds another 8 inches?
So we are at 6'2''.
Danielle is 5'5''. So she'd had to reach 9'' above her head. But of course a bit less, depending on the heels of he shoes.
Anyway, she would have to reach quite a bit. Standing behind the vehicle to reach with the left hand, the hand would end
up near the middle. For a tall person who did not have to reach, the hand would end up further to the left. If there are any
people here who are around 5'5'' with a similar car, they can test if this is reasonable...

So my speculation is: perhaps the fingerprints further to the left weren't Danielle's, but belong to a taller person, possibly left-handed.

(Judging from 1 picture, FG also seems to be right-handed but I have to see more pictures to be more confident about that.)

Attachments

• Jeep-Renegade-Trailhawk-Htch.jpg
    Jeep-Renegade-Trailhawk-Htch.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 79
There was allegedly another, unrelated search around dec 8. http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...sing-distributing-child-*advertiser censored*

Edited to add: The media first reported on the search related to DS on 12/23.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Thank you for posting this! This is what I was looking for when I posted questions to this incident last night. I could not find anything about this, guess I'm not the sluether I thought I was lol.

Yeah, I saw the plastic cylinder, it's advertised with the keychain. Seems like it attaches to the keychain somehow. I wondered if the keychain was a smaller travel part. (I'm not good with gadgets). I wonder too if they found the plastic cylinder part in DS's jeep or apartment, or if it's missing. She could've given it away, just liking the keychain part. But why purchase a smoke buddy with keychain if you're not going to use it?

I am one that partakes in the occasional toke and could not understand why this keychain was such an important part of the case. Someone here stated what it does...basically a filter of sorts from my understanding. Being a smoker I know that there have been many occasions where a group will smoke...or filter out of the same bowl...pipe etc... Could they want this keychain for DNA purposes?

Yeah, I saw the plastic cylinder, it's advertised with the keychain. Seems like it attaches to the keychain somehow. I wondered if the keychain was a smaller travel part. (I'm not good with gadgets). I wonder too if they found the plastic cylinder part in DS's jeep or apartment, or if it's missing. She could've given it away, just liking the keychain part. But why purchase a smoke buddy with keychain if you're not going to use it?

We don't even know if DS purchased or used a Smoke Buddy. Someone may have given her the keychain, for all we know.

The keychain is just a keychain. It isn't meant to attach to anything but keys.

The Smoke Buddy company uses a smiley face in their merchandising. This is just a promotional keychain.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Forgive me if this has already been posted. There are two new articles that came out today. I will link them both below.

http://wlns.com/2017/01/02/gone-one-month-where-is-danielle-stislicki/

"Her mother admits to local media in Detroit that she cries a lot but still believes her daughter will come back."

I understand parents would hope for the best, but the way the sentence above is worded it almost seems likes Danielle is off on her own accord. There's been so much talk of a crime being committed? Maybe it's just me, but I find the statement above odd?

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Farmington-Hills-Michigan-Womans-Disappearance-409344655.html

"It's a tremendously busy street that MetLife is on,” her mother Ann told NBC News. “Someone had to have seen that Jeep or Danielle driving that day. We just need to reach that one or two people who saw something.”

I thought Danielle was seen around 5:00 PM leaving work? It was never confirmed if someone saw her or a camera picked up her jeep but based on her mother's comments above, it makes it sound as if there have been no eyewitness sightings of Danielle.

As a lawyer, could you explain what sort of information LE would have needed to provide to obtain a search warrant for his home/car?

I am confused by the dismissal of him as a POI by some. They haven't just picked a random guy and searched his home without reason. But I'd be interested to hear exactly how much LE would have had to have known to obtain a warrant. TIA :)

To Kill a Mockingbird? [emoji849]

Yeah, sure. Sorry it took so long to reply! I was trying to catch up and I guess I missed your post. Keep in mind that everything I'm about to type is hypothetical because I don't have any inside info pertaining to this investigation.

From my understanding, they seized her car pretty quickly. If they found prints or any other evidence of another person being in that car with her (a paycheck stub, a grocery receipt from a transaction paid for with a credit card, etc.), they could have been alerted to a potential suspect or a witness. Depending on the eyewitness accounts of who she was seen with last, security camera footage, timelines and potential evidence from her Jeep, they may have had enough probable cause to get a warrant to search someone's house.

BUT. That's not the only way the cops could have searched a home. Remember the neighbor comments about how first there was "a raid" and then they took the car from the driveway and came back a couple weeks later to do a search? That's potentially a big hint as to whether thy even had a warrant to search his home. Have you ever heard of "exigent circumstances"? If not, google it. The jist is that LE may be able to enter a property without a proper warrant if they believe there is immediate danger to a person or that significant evidence will be destroyed unless they intervene immediately. That'll allow them to enter the property and then the "plain site doctrine" essentially applies, meaning they can look around for evidence that is in plain view.

So... hypothetically, if they were able to get her phone records or ping her phone and determine that the last place her phone was at before it was turned off was that property, they may have believed she was alive and being held inside that home. If they reasonably thought she was being held hostage inside the home, they could have "raided" without a warrant, under exigent circumstances, in an attempt to rescue her.

Now, once they do that, anything in plain view may be used to obtain the next warrant to come back and search the next time. So, if they found her phone on the kitchen table, or her last worn clothes were thrown on the living room floor, etc., they would be able to get a proper warrant to return and search the home thoroughly. From my understanding of the neighbor reports, they seized the vehicle in the driveway during the first search/"raid," which might indicate that they saw something in plain view that may be evidentiary... for example, her coat was laying on the front seat or there was blood all over the back or something. Again, any evidence found ins De the seized car could then turn around to be used to obtain a warrant to come back to the house with forensic teams and the full yard.

Based on the timing, the neighbor's language ("raid" followed by a secondary "search"), the fact that the cops said they had evidence of a crime between the two home visits, etc., it wouldn't be a stretch to assume they probably found some type of evidence in that vehicle. Additionally, in the press conference, the mother mentioned the phone and the police intervened and seemingly indicated the keys were most important. This might be because they had already determined the location of the phone and just had kept it under wraps so as not to tip off anyone.

Again, all hypothetical. To get a warrant, you need to have probable cause. Fingerprints, eyewitness accounts, blood evidence, video footage, phone records, social media geotagging, etc., are all ways they can establish probable cause to get a search warrant. But as I said, they may not have needed one the first time they entered the property if they had reason to believe she was alive and locked up in the basement or something along those lines. Also, if any resident consents to letting to police come in to look around, they can enter without warrant. Again, if they did this the first time and then saw something in plain view, they could use whatever they saw to turn around and get the full forensics warrant for the second search.

Hope that helps you understand a little better!

Forgive me if this has already been posted. There are two new articles that came out today. I will link them both below.

http://wlns.com/2017/01/02/gone-one-month-where-is-danielle-stislicki/

"Her mother admits to local media in Detroit that she cries a lot but still believes her daughter will come back."

I understand parents would hope for the best, but the way the sentence above is worded it almost seems likes Danielle is off on her own accord. There's been so much talk of a crime being committed? Maybe it's just me, but I find the statement above odd?

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Farmington-Hills-Michigan-Womans-Disappearance-409344655.html

"It's a tremendously busy street that MetLife is on,” her mother Ann told NBC News. “Someone had to have seen that Jeep or Danielle driving that day. We just need to reach that one or two people who saw something.”

I thought Danielle was seen around 5:00 PM leaving work? It was never confirmed if someone saw her or a camera picked up her jeep but based on her mother's comments above, it makes it sound as if there have been no eyewitness sightings of Danielle.

I was just getting ready to post the Chicago NBC article too . I wonder why they left out the additional information reported by the news here in Michigan regarding the home belongs to a " security guard ", or that items were seized from the home to include a mattress. Was that on purpose because those leads are still being processed or have been eliminated ?!?

It stills sounds like he family is clinging to the hope she was abducted and was taken out of state.

Do you know if the trunk has a rear hatch release by key fob?

attachment.php

There are fingerprints on the back door. Most of the finger prints are smudged, below the registration plate. But there are
finger prints on further to the left on the back door. Those prints seem to come from a left hand. I wander if those prints are
Danielle's. From Instagram pictures it seems that she is right-handed (she consistently uses the phone in her right hand to make selfies).
But of course she might still have used her left hand to close the rear door (for example because she was holding something in her right hand).

However, a Jeep Renegade is 5'6'' high. If the back door opens, it will be higher:
attachment.php

So we are at 6'2''.
Danielle is 5'5''. So she'd had to reach 9'' above her head. But of course a bit less, depending on the heels of he shoes.
Anyway, she would have to reach quite a bit. Standing behind the vehicle to reach with the left hand, the hand would end
up near the middle. For a tall person who did not have to reach, the hand would end up further to the left. If there are any
people here who are around 5'5'' with a similar car, they can test if this is reasonable...

So my speculation is: perhaps the fingerprints further to the left weren't Danielle's, but belong to a taller person, possibly left-handed.

(Judging from 1 picture, FG also seems to be right-handed but I have to see more pictures to be more confident about that.)

I was just getting ready to post the Chicago NBC article too . I wonder why they left out the additional information reported by the news here in Michigan regarding the home belongs to a " security guard ", or that items were seized from the home to include a mattress. Was that on purpose because those leads are still being processed or have been eliminated ?!?

It stills sounds like he family is clinging to the hope she was abducted and was taken out of state.

I sure wish I knew if those leads were still being processed or eliminated! Maybe its just me but it seems like the lines are being blurred at this point. If you analyze the info one way it certainly seems like the investigation has taken a turn?

I sure wish I knew if those leads were still being processed or eliminated! Maybe its just me but it seems like the lines are being blurred at this point. If you analyze the info one way it certainly seems like the investigation has taken a turn?
I totally agree!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I totally agree!

I agree but we can't lose hope. <modsnip> Hopefully soon we will get an update from official sources and praying for a positive conclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It certainly appears that it has.

That article has zero new information. If you click on the links, some info comes from December 12.

Completely stupid article--only good thing about it is that it keeps her name out there.

That article has zero new information. If you click on the links, some info comes from December 12.

Completely stupid article--only good thing about it is that it keeps her name out there.
I read one article first before watching the video and thought the same. I had a little different take once I watched the video.

I read one article first before watching the video and thought the same. I had a little different take once I watched the video.

Neither of the two in that post have a video that I can see. Can you give me a link to the one with the video and I'll see if I can view it on a different browser?

I am one that partakes in the occasional toke and could not understand why this keychain was such an important part of the case. Someone here stated what it does...basically a filter of sorts from my understanding. Being a smoker I know that there have been many occasions where a group will smoke...or filter out of the same bowl...pipe etc... Could they want this keychain for DNA purposes?

For DNA sounds logical. Or if the keychain turns up in a location that could lead them to DS.

View attachment 107114

View attachment 107116
So we are at 6'2''.

Excellent research! Could be the fingerprints of someone taller than DS. LE must've dusted for prints. Left-handed is huge. I got the impression DS is right-handed too from posting as well. But I didn't realize this until now, going back to check. Regarding the back hatch, DS may pull down from the side, then close from the middle. Someone taller could pull from the top down easier in one motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenjen72