Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.missingpersons.gov.au/who-missing/sa/brown-melissa

1da60f97a6bb3c29d8a412a15e9afca8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

IMO, Maybe he bought a computer and found BDSM, swingers or dogging groups and other ways contact and meet willing girls for sex to fulfill his appetites or fantasies legitimately?
<p>
Don't let anyone from those subgroups hear you say this!! They'd be highly offended - and perhaps rightly so...such people are not often in killing. <p>
For a killer such activities would be a bit 'light-on'..

At about 5.15 p.m. on Sunday 4 December 2005, the body of Emma Pawelski, aged 30 years, was discovered in the Mount Crawford Forrest by a bushwalker.

This location was approximately 8km south east of Williamstown and off Chalks Road Mount Crawford. The area was a sealed section of forest with access to vehicles blocked by locked gates. It is believed that the body of Ms Pawelski was dumped at this location with the murder scene itself being at some other place. Ms Pawelski was located on the side of a track about 300 metres from the locked gate off of Chalks Road.

The last positive sighting of Ms Pawelski was on Saturday, 26 November 2005 when she was seen walking on Regency Road, Prospect, carrying a cat.

A post-mortem determined she died from head injuries received during an assault.

360c1029f8ee6bf2a14ad9b3a80ebe5d.jpg

I'm originally from SAand let me tell you this would be a similar distance away from City as Pipindinny Rd or wellard the dumping sounds very similar as the MO of our alleged suspect BRE

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

image upload with preview

And guess what also happened in Adelaide that day.....

Adelaide 16.10 (106) d West Coast Eagles 4.7 (31) at Football Park - Friday 4, July, 1997

So are you suggesting a WCE defeat is a trigger for an unplanned rape and murder or was there a plan? Did WCE play in Jan when SS disappeared?

There was also the user on here who suggested he was in Kalgoorlie on a Telstra job with BRE when a woman went missing.
Serial killer in a small town and a young woman disappears, coincidence??
You talking bout Lisa McGovan? Of bikie sub-culture?

Asking all WS'ers: what was your very first reaction to the man in the photo (BRE) who is the alleged CSK?

The first proper photo I saw of the alleged was the one taken with CGE.
What struck me most - aside from his huge frame - was the feminine appearance of his cheeks and that innocent-looking, butter wouldn't melt in its mouth, pouty little smile.

The term "insipid' came to mind.

[emoji887]

Hi everyone,

I apologise profusely if this query has been chased down before, but this has been confusing me for a while now.

CrimeStoppers/ the CIA documentary describe how JR's friends walked to a nearby taxi rank in order to get a taxi;

Jane and her friends didn&#8217;t enter the nightclub, instead they decided to catch a cab to a friend&#8217;s place where they would continue to party. As they got to the taxi rank near the Continental Hotel, Jane informed her friends that she didn&#8217;t want to go home and without any more explanation, she walked off back to the Continental.

Her friends jumped in a cab and pulled up outside the Continental and yelled over to Jane who was standing outside to join them but she declined.

https://www.crimestopperswa.com.au/open-cases/jane-louise-rimmer/

If anyone has any knowledge of where this was located in 1996/1997 (or around the time of the CSK) I would very much appreciate it. I have looked on Google Maps, and in 2007 there were parking spaces (?) clearly marked for taxis directly opposite the Continental, additionally Google searches show a so called "secure taxi rank" opposite the Conti. I do believe that in the JR CCTV, you can see people hailing (I believe that they do hail the cab, it didn't look to me like they had called it before hand) cabs. If so, why not go to the taxi rank? (this is more so for SS) Taxis didn't like going to the Claremont area due to the abuse they received from the intoxicated younger people.

Also, I have read this a few times that SS had the night before she disappeared (so the 25th January) gotten into a cab with another woman and man, who got off with her at the Windsor. But she had called a cab from inside the Club, which she didn't get into (having gotten into and shared one with two other people)- so why not call one from inside the Club the next night? Also, SS left before her friends, as we know, and I'm assuming they got into a taxi- but how? I don't think I have ever come across this.
Once again I am sorry if this has been solved already. :tyou:
SaveSave

So are you suggesting a WCE defeat is a trigger for an unplanned rape and murder or was there a plan? Did WCE play in Jan when SS disappeared?

15 February 1988 final days play in Aust v Sri Lanka test match at the WACA - Aust won by an innings and 108 runsSame dayFebruary 15, 1988 - 18-year-old woman indecently assaulted in her sleep during break-in at a Gay Street, Huntingdale home
19 June 1988, Sydney 14.20 (104) d West Coast 8.13 (61) SCGEarly the next morningJulie Cutler last seen 12:30am 20 June 1988
30 June 1991, West Coast 21.11 (137) d St Kilda 14.9 (93), Subiaco OvalSame dayKerry Turner last seen 5am June 30 1991 &#8211; BRE&#8217;s father&#8217;s birthday
New Year EveSame daySaturday January 1 Claremont Subway Attack
February 12 1995 scratch match West Coast v Sydney, Leederville OvalSame daySunday February 12 1995 Karrakatta attack.
Australia Day fireworks, 26 January 1996Early next morningSarah Spiers (18) called taxi 2:06am Sat Jan 27 1996
AFL Pre-season DERBY, West Coast 10.11 (71) d Fremantle 7.15 (57) Sunday, 25 Feb 1996, DarwinTenuous connection - five days laterChurch Lane - Women bashed and indecently assaulted Sunday March 3 1996 at 2:00am
9 June 1996, West Coast 19.16 (130) d Adelaide 11.10 (76), Football ParkA few hours before the gameJane Rimmer last seen Sunday June 9 1996 12:04am
15 March 1997 scratch match West Coast 19.8 (122) d Brisbane 7.6 (48), Waverley Park A few hours before the gameCiara Glennon last seen 00:15am Saturday March 15, 1997
4 July, 1997 Adelaide 16.10 (106) d West Coast 4.7 (31), Football ParkA few hours before the gameCorinna Marr murdered in Adelaide at approximately 3:30 pm 4 July 1997
16 March, 2002 scratch match West Coast v Kangaroos, Subiaco Oval Day and a half later18 March 2002, Christine Michelle Schipp last seen Northbridge

Thanks for coming off that secret information. Where was it on the drawing? (I mean, it's not on the drawing, but where should it be in there?) And can you tell us how you know (you worked there, your gf worked there, etc.)?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-Western-Australia-3&p=12179799#post12179799

Sorry I was away and missed this message. Your map is wrong, but if you pull up google maps you'll get the roof view and the small car park behind. There was access out the back of the hotel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not so sure she's close to home either. Either a coincidence or a pattern formed that Jane and Ciara were found nearly exactly 19kms (give or take 1 or 2 that I can figure) from the furtherest Telstra Exchange north and south of Claremont. So maybe, just maybe Sarah will be somewhere 19 kms give or take off the Great Eastern Highway east of Mundaring - along the Powerline Run looks like a pretty good spot actually. The chances are virtually zero of me stumbling over anything I realise that but heading that way anyway so if I don't at least have a quick look, will probably regret it. If my daughter was missing, I would hope that people would keep looking for her regardless of how silly their calculations might seem.

I didn't see anyone else ask this yet, but would you like to divulge the location you are interested in checking out ShellyGale?

Regarding the speculation that SS may be close to home for BRE as per 1996, anything is possible but I'm not so sure. If the MO was the same as with JR and CG (i.e. dumped in bushes very close to isolated, low-traffic roads), then it's almost guaranteed that SS would have been found by now. Bushland close to residential developments is far more likely to be frequented (for one thing) by explorative kids in the neighbourhood, making 'hideouts' using branches and that kind of thing.

If it's the same BRE who was playing indoor cricket at Canning Vale back in the mid 90's, I wonder how familiar he was with the area between that and his line of work? Just past the industrial zone, Canning Vale was still largely bushland, hobby farms and nurseries back then. Jandakot however still retains a lot of undeveloped land over the water mound, and in semi-rural areas such as the kennel zones.

On the other hand, if SS was dumped in a similarly isolated location as with JR / CG, she would be within meters of a road, whether semi-rural or in one of the nearby national parks. How likely is it that an unburied body, covered by foliage could remain undiscovered so close to a road for two decades and counting? Could natural processes such as growing foliage, moving topsoil and animal activity have long since ruined any chance of stumbling across any bones or clothing fragments after all this time?

I have him pegged as a cross dresser actually, wearing the womens lingerie he steals off clotheslines.

What struck me most - aside from his huge frame - was the feminine appearance of his cheeks and that innocent-looking, butter wouldn't melt in its mouth, pouty little smile.

The term "insipid' came to mind.

[emoji887]

I thought, "I wonder if he's the killer - can't really form an opinion until/unless I talk to him" LOL

Then I wondered if he seemed like any of the other killers I've met! Surprisingly enough the one he reminded me of the most (at the time) was that MaCartney fellah from Northampton.

I find it so interesting that on one hand he appeared very average and suburban with his LA involvement and recreational community sport playing and on the other he seemed to be very into goth stuff, gaming, dark music. Not that the two are mutually exclusive but it's almost as though there's an image he's trying to portray and the other is a deeper look into his soul and what's going on in his head. It is not a stretch to imagine him leading two lives.
Long time lurker, first time poster...I've seen this reference to goth music or dark music before, and after looking at his music likes I had a little laugh as some of it is not so different to my own. I grew up in the western suburbs, went to school in the western suburbs, partied in the western suburbs.. cott, OBH, cagneys (as the conti was called in my underage drinking days), club bay view, the swannie, Steve's, silver slipper, uwa tavern and on and on the list goes... I am the same vintage as BRE... and I can tell you that bands like the Cure were highly popular and not really considered gothic (they actually started in the late 70s punk era), often were played at the venues listed. The Cure actually made it into the Top 20 in Australia in the 80s, so I would actually call them mainstream.. and they were... not enough goths in Australia to get any band into the Top 20! I think you are looking for things in his music taste that just aren't there... they were very much part of popular culture and very much a part of popular culture in the western suburbs and beyond. The only one that stands out to me is Simply Red lol... To be honest, I've never understood the view that anything "goth" was suspicious... I was never a goth by any means, but they were always part of the alternative/indy music scene and on the periphery of many of my circles of friends. Like all subcultures, goths were often considered a little strange, and there were probably 1 or 2 bad eggs just like within any group but I don't think being a goth or liking goth music really means anything about an individual's propensity to commit horrific acts

15 February 1988 final days play in Aust v Sri Lanka test match at the WACA - Aust won by an innings and 108 runsSame dayFebruary 15, 1988 - 18-year-old woman indecently assaulted in her sleep during break-in at a Gay Street, Huntingdale home
19 June 1988, Sydney 14.20 (104) d West Coast 8.13 (61) SCGEarly the next morningJulie Cutler last seen 12:30am 20 June 1988
30 June 1991, West Coast 21.11 (137) d St Kilda 14.9 (93), Subiaco OvalSame dayKerry Turner last seen 5am June 30 1991 &#8211; BRE&#8217;s father&#8217;s birthday
New Year EveSame daySaturday January 1 Claremont Subway Attack
February 12 1995 scratch match West Coast v Sydney, Leederville OvalSame daySunday February 12 1995 Karrakatta attack.
Australia Day fireworks, 26 January 1996Early next morningSarah Spiers (18) called taxi 2:06am Sat Jan 27 1996
AFL Pre-season DERBY, West Coast 10.11 (71) d Fremantle 7.15 (57) Sunday, 25 Feb 1996, DarwinTenuous connection - five days laterChurch Lane - Women bashed and indecently assaulted Sunday March 3 1996 at 2:00am
9 June 1996, West Coast 19.16 (130) d Adelaide 11.10 (76), Football ParkA few hours before the gameJane Rimmer last seen Sunday June 9 1996 12:04am
15 March 1997 scratch match West Coast 19.8 (122) d Brisbane 7.6 (48), Waverley ParkA few hours before the gameCiara Glennon last seen 00:15am Saturday March 15, 1997
4 July, 1997 Adelaide 16.10 (106) d West Coast 4.7 (31), Football ParkA few hours before the gameCorinna Marr murdered in Adelaide at approximately 3:30 pm 4 July 1997
16 March, 2002 scratch match West Coast v Kangaroos, Subiaco OvalDay and a half later18 March 2002, Christine Michelle Schipp last seen Northbridge

Sorry I have to be brutal but I see random sports matches and various events that are mostly only loosely linked to the CSK cases through forums and rumours. For the 5 that are known, HuntDle, KK, SS, JR, CG, there's cricket, footy, fireworks and pre-season footy (which isn't real footy). I also think if he was planning on being the 'sports and events' killer he would have been devastated to find the media calling him the CSK.

I also think with JC, the police had linked it due to the fact LW was known to her and was baited for the CSK case. I reckon they had a 'Eureka' moment when they found him, a bloke who'd been a POI before, offering lifts and were then so confident, they even told JC's parent(s) there was a likely link.

You talking bout Lisa McGovan? Of bikie sub-culture?

Yep, LG was a weird one cos I think the assumption in the media was always that it had something to do with bikies because she had spent time at the clubhouse, but I am yet to hear or read any substantial reasoning for her being 'bumped off'. Also from what I remember and have heard, in Kal, there was a large club presence, which extended all throughout the community at the time so I think crossing it off as 'bikie related' could actually be removing her disappearance off the table unreasonably from the CSK cases. That post referred to, if legit, makes Kal a possible line of enquiry.

I haven't read every single thread - and find things very hard to follow round here.
I believe that he would have performed a number of sexual attacks in the Huntingdale area around that time (in a 2 - 3 year window). Has anyone in here 'unearthed' any other sex attacks around this area in this era? <p>
If so - can you point me to the link/thread?
It's very difficult with the lack of inet reporting back then. Possibly an archive hunt of community newspapers. I assume that the ones he'd done are still unsolved or some other poor b is in jail for it. But I honestly believe his name was up there in the list of suspects. As that (and others ) weren't solved, any evidence would still be in police records and listed confidential.

May also explain why these girls went missing and were dumped far from him. Committing crimes in same area as he lived was too hot.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member