IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean is it really that hard to process that the same girls that disappeared are the same girls that were taking pics/filming on the bridge. This guy is filmed on the bridge.

Am I missing something here or do people really just play way to far in to what is obviously common sense.

Most people who think it's a trail cam obviously have no experience with them.

Going back to the basics and common sense.
A man on the bridge the same bridge the girls were on. Same time frame according to LE it's blatantly obvious.

You're thinking way to hard

Except that LAW ENFORCEMENT said specifically that it came from a security camera....... so, that's why it is hard to believe. I will see if I can find the link. Again.

Just coming out of lurking before things get too focused on the video aspect. While this is for sure a screengrab from Snapchat, whether it is a picture or video that circle will be on the top right.

In Snapchat you choose how long to send a picture for (I believe anywhere between ten - three seconds) and then it disappears. On the top right that circle acts like a timer. If you have sent it directly to someone they can see it one more time and that is it, if it is on your "story" people can watch it as many times as they want for 24 hours, then it is gone.

Okay, sorry. Long and winded and probably confusing to those not familiar with Snapchat, but my point is this could be a screengrab of just a picture it's not necessarily a video.

Didn't LE state that the images were from a video?

Thank you njcanuck! Off to ebay to see if I can find a pair for comparison!

Edited.........no luck.

I have had no luck, either. All of the Upland pants I have found have the reinforced material on the legs, not the crotch or hip areas which to me makes since because the leg area is the what would need more protection.

It's scary they don't have this man yet. I really was hoping for an arrest by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just coming out of lurking before things get too focused on the video aspect. While this is for sure a screengrab from Snapchat, whether it is a picture or video that circle will be on the top right.

In Snapchat you choose how long to send a picture for (I believe anywhere between ten - three seconds) and then it disappears. On the top right that circle acts like a timer. If you have sent it directly to someone they can see it one more time and that is it, if it is on your "story" people can watch it as many times as they want for 24 hours, then it is gone.

Okay, sorry. Long and winded and probably confusing to those not familiar with Snapchat, but my point is this could be a screengrab of just a picture it's not necessarily a video.

LE identified it as a still from a video.

I mean is it really that hard to process that the same girls that disappeared are the same girls that were taking pics/filming on the bridge. This guy is filmed on the bridge.

Am I missing something here or do people really just play way to far in to what is obviously common sense.

A man on the bridge the same bridge the girls were on. Same time frame according to LE it's blatantly obvious.

Wow.

Only one if the girls had a phone.

LE has not stated if it has been recovered.

However, LE DID say, in a bulletin that was meant to be released to other LE agencies and not necessarily the public, that the photo came from a video camera in the area.

I can't imagine why LE would lie about it in a bulletin to other LE but I guess my common sense meter is faulty.

LE stated that there was a security camera in the area but did not release the location.

I understand trail cams. I don't think it was set off by anyone on the bridge but by a person or animal much closer to its location. Yes, I think LE got really lucky.That's why the photos are of such poor quality as they had to be blown up considerably.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I have had no luck, either. All of the Upland pants I have found have the reinforced material on the legs, not the crotch or hip areas which to me makes since because the leg area is the what would need more protection.

Agreed. I wonder if they are pants for another type of work?

My 12 year old just made a good observation (we start sleuthing young in my house). He thinks the guy is holding something in whatever that brown thing is around his waist. It might be a fanny pack. He also immediately stated that it looks like the guy has a goatee and a camo hat.

(Lol)

From everything I have read, I do believe it highly likely that the photo of the suspect is from Libby's phone - Abby did not have one, as per her mother.

Snipped and BBM- Didn't have her phone with her or didn't have a phone at all? Because the plural "phones" has been used several times. If she just didn't have it with her, that would make sense as they would have access to a phone left at home as well as her account records. However, if she didn't have a phone at all, that sure makes the "phones" comment a bit odd.

Someone who recently lost a job, perhaps. He's out during a weekday afternoon - perhaps because he's out of work and stressed about it.

Just tossing that out there. jmo

Farmers, self-employed, someone who had an appt. of some sort and called in to work for the day, someone who doesn't work a traditional M-F 9-5 (gas station, liquor store, retail stores, etc).

It looks like an outline of a large handgun, exaggerated by the thickness of both the hoodie and the light jacket i've wondered since yesterday if that's what we're seeing. Almost like you can see the frame/lower part, and the trigger guard.

I think it would have to be in the jacket pocket to show with enough clarity to be picked up on a camera. I think a hoodie would conceal all but maybe a basic shape.

Except that LAW ENFORCEMENT said specifically that it came from a security camera....... so, that's why it is hard to believe. I will see if I can find the link. Again.

Don't believe everything you read even from LE.

I thought it came from a news source and we know how they add whatever they want to a story.

But just had a diff thought. If in fact it is a security camera that close on the bridge I think an alert goes out the night of about a possible abduction. Not that someone was monitoring it at the time but the police would go access it and see clearly that this guy is in close quarters with the missing girls.

I don't think they are Upland Pants. It looks like a brown hoodie and his hand appears to be holding something in the kangaroo pocket. I think he has a gun in that pocket and that would explain why he is walking across a train bridge with his hand in his pocket instead of at his sides for balance.

It just seems to me the POI is wearing regular faded blue jeans, the baggie out of style kind with extra room in the seat that middle aged men wear. There's a tool belt or a hoodie or a butcher's apron on him. But I'm stuck on the blue jacket thou. I just see a pattern on the shoulder area and sleeves. Distinctive enough that i keep coming back to it. Someone knows that jacket..

Welcome to WS. Yes, we think too hard sometimes.

Didn't LE state that the images were from a video?

We are talking about 2 different photos from videos.

LE stated that the photos of murder man were stills taken from a video.

A few posts back, someone said they thought the circle on the snapchat photo of Abby meant it was a video. Westcoast was helping to clarify that the circle is a timer, it does not indicate photo or video. Police definitely did not say that Abby's photo on Snapchat was from a video.

Does that make sense? Thanks for the help, y'all! This is all a whole lot to juggle. Teams help! :)

I am just so glad there is at least a picture of the guy. If that pic didn't exist this case would be cold for sure, nothing to go off of. So I am hoping his pic leads somewhere.

You're absolutely right. This was my misunderstanding. The circle represents how long someone can view the picture via Snapchat.

I wonder if they had posted video before this picture?

If LE is saying the stills are from a SECURITY camera, would there be some by the bridge? It looks like that's where he is.

Again, my apologies. I feel terrible for making a mistake that may have derailed some of the discussion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't believe everything you read even from LE.

I thought it came from a news source and we know how they add whatever they want to a story.

But just had a diff thought. If in fact it is a security camera that close on the bridge I think an alert goes out the night of about a possible abduction. Not that someone was monitoring it at the time but the police would go access it and see clearly that this guy is in close quarters with the missing girls.
Here is the bulletin.

attachment.php

This image was shared on Facebook by the Newton County Sheriff's Dept. Low quality and hard to read. I transcribed it in the last thread, and thought I'd paste that here to make it easier to find.

Situation: The Indiana State Police and Carroll County Sheriff's Department are requesting law enforcement assistance in identifying the individual in the below photographs.

Two bodies found in the woods east of Delphi in Carroll County have been positively identified as Abigail J. Williams, 13 of Delphi and Liberty Rose Lynn German, 14 of Delphi. They were reported missing on Monday, February 13, 2017. The bodies were discovered about 12:15 p.m. on February 14, 2017 in the woods near the Deer Creek by volunteers helping in the search for the missing girls. The families have been notified.

The victims were last seen alive around 1:00 pm Monday, February 13, 2017 when they were dropped off close to the Monon (not sure about this word) High Bridge near Delphi, Indiana. The images below are from a video taken in the area.

Anyone with information leading to the identification of the below individual should contact the Indiana State Police at (765) 567-2125 or Carroll County Sheriff's Department (765) 564-2413.

I can only read some of the very bottom text. "This information should be considered LAW ENFORCEMENT (cant read). Further distribution of this document ......" Not sure after that really.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Almost all of them are thick canvas (like 10-12 oz) at the bottom. Canvas has a tighter plain weave so when you walk through briers, the fabric won't give enough to let the thorn puncture clear through the fabric. Thorns also don't get hung up as bad, so you can just rip through briers as fast as you can walk. Denim has a looser twill weave and catches briers and hangs on tight and most isn't thick enough to offer any level of protection.

The pants that are two materials like denim at the top are made that way for flexibility and ease of movement in the areas where you need the most amount of stretch.

Edit: Too many words in one sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member