GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very happy he was convicted. I don't mean to be a wet blanket but maybe planting a flower for Helen and Boris. (People don't realize those pretty balloons seem to end up over the sea and hurt the animals more than you can imagine.) Sorry to be Debbie Downer! Just a suggestion not a criticism .( signed,Sheila: a lurker who lives on an island, who's parents met over homocides ( reporter and detective)and I survived an attempted homocide. (Spouse)
Thanks for highlighting this Sheila - I didn't know that and we are indeed a bunch of animal lovers on here.

Planting a flower is a lovely idea - or snowdrop bulbs in homage to her snowdrop mug (although wrong time of year). Or another pet parade.

Welcome to the thread and gosh - what a background you have x

Morning all.

Without a doubt, the road to conviction has been a rollercoaster with the full gamut of emotions and then all you need to hear is just one sentence about Helen's Dad's pain and it's all too much again.

Above and beyond Bright's withering conclusion today IS needs to experience some serious financial losses as clearly nothing else touches the sides with him.
Bring on the police enquiry into all his dealings, especially as Michelle posted those comments from Trimmer on costs re. legal aid at the end of the last thread. ( It's not as if anyone from the Bailey/Sinfields will make a civil claim for suffering.)

Dolly agree - what would he have done with the money? Nothing much ? To have is to hoard .

I also recollect coming across these features - hysterical attitude to spending tiny sums of £ - in another case here and it is often a sign of serious mental flaws, even featuring alongside some personality disorders.

I expect we will get a few more insights into his past in the media, maybe this morning's papers - will have a look.

If Shannon, the ex- owner of HLodge, knew about his short fuse ( with only having known IS for 3 years) and the bowls club member saw that he could flip over £3.................. then others closer to IS must have experienced his loss of control over the last 40 years.
( M.Shannon seemed pretty astute IMO, it's almost as if some of the men have a better grasp of the dynamics, of Stewart, in this case. Unsurprising for an exploiter of women, really. )

We've all been expecting some kind of "conduct disorder" history with this awful man, maybe there's more to come but it's subtler.

What kind of man kicks off over £3 for a curry night? Who did he think was paying for it- Nick and Joe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know what I think of all these people coming forward now to have their say. I partly understand it and partly think it's a bit of a sell out.

I just read about Helen's parents having her in the house the night before her funeral, I'm so glad that was possible. I wondered if her parents had been able to travel for the funeral but it seems that Helen went to them.

Oh believe me when I say that Jamie and Oliver will have witnessed lots of tantrums from their Dad over the years. Sadly they will have seen this as "normal". Thankfully their Mum was around for much of their childhood so hopefully provided them with a more normal approach.

What we've heard from the media is just the tip of the ice berg.

What kind of man kicks off over £3 for a curry night? Who did he think was paying for it- Nick and Joe?

The same man that splurges (his perception), on a Chinese after just killing his partner?

I've been catching up and handing out random thanks - but these apply to all of you here xxxx

The life coach / bereavement coach still makes me see red. How is it possible that she utterly lacks self awareness? Not one grain of those famous lessons learned or future warnings ... nothing.

If you do not have a clue, please stay out of the coaching business. Don't mess with people's lives. Simply admit that you were a friend of Helen's and not among the brightest of the pack.

This is what I wrote about it in thread #6. Shoulde anyone be in need of a life coach, or a marriage counsellor, I recommend mr Stuart Trimmer.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...yston-11-April-2016-6&p=13135495#post13135495

Counsellor Shelley Whitehead appears blissfully unaware of all the red flags and Helen Bailey paid the highest price.

:stormingmad:

I agree about the uses of a period of mourning Some may smile at the Victorian convention of widows wearing mourning clothes for two years, but two years of grieving seems a reasonable time for a long and close relationship-not that you are the same, or that you are not sad, but perhaps not in that raw vulnerability-Helen herself mocked the "stages of grief".

I have written earlier about how my husband's best friend was propositioned by the woman running the trade union bereavement group he was attending-they got together within 2 or 3 months of the death of his wife-he had been married for 40 years and has two sons, both of whom have been alienated as plans are made for selling off the family home. She seems to have "debts" through her violent ex partner-which may be true, but shouldn't be something he is dealing with. Think my husband thought I was being a bit of a killjoy when I first heard and was doubtful, whilst he admitted it was a "bit soon".

There is that feeling of euphoria at the verdict and then comes the let down. I guess it is because for a while do not have to face the reality that Helen and Boris are truly gone and will not be coming back. I cannot begin to imagine what family and friends must feel for I have only known them silently for such a short while.

The depressive let down also is extended to those I have come to know via cyber space and we soon must part ways. Sometimes we meet again on other paths on this website. Or not for there are those who declare they are not following another case. It is sad in so many ways.

I mostly read but still feel a part of something bigger than I. Thank you so much to all of you for your wonderful participation in whatever format you choose to give me that extra insight.

Good morning finally read through it all from yesterday. I have to comment on the post above on traditional grieving time. In sweden it is wearing black for a year, in the old days. My dog died last january and I have been thinking about this while my whole soul was hurting. I was saying everyday oh Freddie last year we did this and you ate that and so on. I thought I was going crazy. January 24 came and I was a mess relived the whole day but came out of it much calmer and can not say one year ago anymore. I think some old traditions have some wisdom in them that we forgot all about.

an update from the DMail. IDK if this journalist was actually in court but she's made a better stab at it than the Times journalist IMO
Right up to the moment he was led away to the cells, Ian Stewart refused to give up the monstrous lies he has peddled about Helen Bailey’s murder.
For seven weeks, the jury at St Albans Crown Court has been forced to listen to the wicked yarn he concocted to cover his tracks, a preposterous tale of a mysterious kidnapping which no one in their right mind would have believed.
But even during those final minutes in courtroom number one, Stewart refused to drop his act, throwing a beseeching look towards one of his sons in the public gallery as if, despite everything, he might still believe in him.
While 24-year-old Jamie Stewart refused to meet his father’s eyes, that self-pitying look spoke volumes about Stewart, 56, who has put on a well-rehearsed performance in and out of court in the desperate hope he could get away with murder......

In court, Stewart continued to tell so many lies that even he began to struggle to recall what he had said to whom.
At times, his lawyer had to remind him........ As the trial wore on, jurors were seen shaking their heads in utter disbelief as Stewart’s stories became more farcical.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4251248/Narcissist-liar-obsessed-millions.html#ixzz4ZUrvMSKZ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Morning all.

Nothing worse than a tight man. I avoid them like the plague. Horrible selfish creatures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few more, the rest of the article is repeats which we've already read elsewhere.

At first Stewart managed to convince police officers that Helen had genuinely disappeared.
But with hindsight, newly released video footage of his early informal conversations with Hertfordshire Police officers show how bizarre his behaviour was in the days following her disappearance.

Clearly believing that a relaxed appearance would suggest his innocence, Stewart overdid it, appearing bored and nonchalant.
Detective Chief Inspector Jerome Kent said: ‘I think he is somebody who is very cold, wicked, manipulative, but a bit of a narcissist, his only concern (during interviews) was when he was hungry or tired.’
His awkward behaviour – what can clearly be seen as ‘ham’ acting on video footage of his later arrest and interviews – aroused police suspicions.

It was always an unlikely pairing. Wealthy Helen, who had been a highly successful businesswoman before she turned her hand to writing teen fiction novels, was a sophisticated, elegant woman who dressed immaculately. Stewart, who had been a widower for less than a year when he first contacted Helen, hadn’t worked for years and was rarely seen out of his jeans.

Stewart himself summed it up perfectly in the middle of his trial when, while discussing a holiday he had planned with Helen, he said: ‘I was happy with EasyJet or Ryanair but Helen wanted first class.’

She assumed that Stewart felt the same way but, in fact, the financial disparity in their relationship was causing huge tensions between the pair and, on Stewart’s part, deep-seated resentment.
Thanks to the success of her book, which was serialised in this newspaper and on BBC Radio 4, her already lucrative career was again in the ascendant.
Stewart, dressed as ever in his favourite jeans, dutifully posed alongside her for publicity shots in the garden at their new home.
But his own life, by comparison, had stagnated.

But by the time Stewart met Helen Bailey he hadn’t worked for years, blaming his unemployment on the rare auto-immune condition - myasthenia gravis - from which he suffered since the mid-1990s and which caused weakness of his facial and throat muscles.

Police sources who spoke to the Mail this week said that they believe Stewart over-egged his illness, using it as an excuse not to work.
Earning around £2,000 a month tax-free from an insurance pay-out from his last job as a computer software expert, he had no need to work – instead he played snooker or bowls or he kept himself busy at home designing websites for friends or fiddling around with DIY jobs.

Had they married - and divorced - he would only, at best, have received half of it.

( UL: no idea where journalist has got the "financial tensions" from , she's prob just inferring it from the engagement ring testimony. )

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4251248/Narcissist-liar-obsessed-millions.html#ixzz4ZUtKBeBL

Thank you Cottonweaver, Did you spot ... From the same Daily Mail article ...

'In many ways, yesterday's guilty verdict marked the final chapter of ...'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4251248/Narcissist-liar-obsessed-millions.html#ixzz4ZUuFLqzu

It made me chuckle and wonder if the reporter was taking the mick a little but I don't think i'll ever be able to hear or read those words without being reminded of that waste of skin.

Thank you Cottonweaver, Did you spot ... From the same Daily Mail article ...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4251248/Narcissist-liar-obsessed-millions.html#ixzz4ZUuFLqzu

It made me chuckle and wonder if the reporter was taking the mick a little but I don't think i'll ever be able to hear or read those words without being reminded of that waste of skin.

I didn't but thanks for the giggle, we certainly need it as we'll be back to tears soon enough.

ETA: With the benefit of hindsight - or rather the date 25 Oct 2011 - it's clear that he posted "Letting go" prose, screen shotted at the link, purely for HB's benefit ( 8 months after John's death and coinciding with HB & IS's developing reln.) A little push from IS to move Helen along....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4228350/Helen-Bailey-s-fiance-GUILTY-murder.html

RSBM from Dolly's earlier post

And all the time he was secretly harbouring her body and Boris' too.

that line reminded me of something SRF said during his closing. About how IS could not possibly have put Helen and Boris into the cess pit, as how could he then live with the knowledge of them , rotting away, just yards from where people might be sitting by the pool etc ( am paraphrasing here as cant remember the exact words )

I think IS would have had no problems whatsoever with this, in fact would have taken a certain amount of pleasure knowing where they were as opposed to where he was - sitting by the pool, relaxing with a drink.

Morning all.........I loved how fast the videos came out yesterday after the verdict was announced.........he's no Oscar winner is he?

RSBM from Dolly's earlier post

And all the time he was secretly harbouring her body and Boris' too.

that line reminded me of something SRF said during his closing. About how IS could not possibly have put Helen and Boris into the cess pit, as how could he then live with the knowledge of them , rotting away, just yards from where people might be sitting by the pool etc ( am paraphrasing here as cant remember the exact words )

I think IS would have had no problems whatsoever with this, in fact would have taken a certain amount of pleasure knowing where they were as opposed to where he was - sitting by the pool, relaxing with a drink.

Thought of that last night. Did he not keep Dianes ashes? Trophy comes to mind. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member