IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more the public sees and hears of it....the more and more the defense can claim that a jury pool is tainted...and that the defendant, therefore, did not get a fair trial. I'm not a lawyer...but that is what I am thinking. The more evidence that is saved for the trial...the better off the prosecution is.

Those are good points although when there is a killer on the loose who can kill other girls I think sometimes LE worries way too much about that. We need to catch this monster before he kills another girl. Time is of the essence here.

LE needs to give the public what we need to help them so we can catch this SOB and get him off the streets.

Worry about prosecution after we stop him from murdering another innocent young girl.

I watched NG last night. Honestly, I am pretty shocked that she had the nerve to even mention that there was a possibility that Libby could have called 911. Every situation is different and its sad and frustrating that she brought it up. NG needs to remember etiquette . I am sure she is reading this thread because she took maps that a WS member posted on another case and used it on her show. So NG if your reading this, show some respect for the families.

What happened with Ken?

It was a famous case in Missouri in the 70s I believe? Guy lived in a small town in Missouri, was known to be a bully, rapist, wife beater, and threatened people with guns constantly. This went on for years. Finally one day everyone was sick of his s**t and he was killed by a mob. No one ever went to trial for it, since they aren't sure who exactly was responsible for his death. It's an odd story, I'd encourage you to look it up. I kind of butchered it by shortening it so much. Happened in Skidmore, Missouri.

Originally Posted by [B said:
Angelcat13[/B] Listening to the voice on the audio, I hear a very controlled voice - no hint of stress, fear, excitement, anger, etc. Very cold and calculating. Someone previously mentioned they possibly would be a Corrections Officer or some other authoritative job. I am thinking someone that works in a slaughterhouse - used to ordering animals around with no emotion or feeling - "(git) down the hill". I am not saying that everyone that works in this industry is cold, unfeeling, etc, however every industry has both good and bad people.

With that corrections officer thought in mind I remembered there is a medium/high risk correctional facility about 45 min away from Delphi. Also I know that when these prisons get a new prisoner that will be there for several years family members will move into the surrounding areas to make it easier for visitation. And many have children and teens who then grow up and stay in the area. Obviously not all will turn into murderers but there are some troubled people in these families ... MOO
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Del...fd890d5b125874!2m2!1d-86.1330914!2d40.6446498

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Justice101

Hey, these page after page steps are driving me batty. Is there any way in the settings to make all the posts show up on one page

I have mine set for 100 posts per page. You can find it in settings.

Also from thread #7. Thanks so much. I went to: Settings, General Settings, Thread Display Options, Number of Posts to Show Per Page.

This format is much less annoying to me also.

Can you do that on an iPad? Thanks.

Me too!!!
Well thats just creepy! So you and the person you quoted (sorry don't know how to double quote on Tapatalk) think the killer is responding in the forum?

I'm sure it's not unheard of and think I read posts in other cases where it has happened or was thought to have happened.

I had a hard time going to sleep last night because I couldn't quit thinking about the calm manner he said "down the hill" ... like this wasn't his first rodeo.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

What happened with Ken?

He was a town bully. Constantly involved in and threatened law suits. Arrested for a ton of crimes-theft, assault, child molestation. Sat with his wife one day in the middle of the afternoon, dozens of people around, was shot by two different guns. "No one saw a thing" and the case never went to trial.

I'm hoping they will outright confirm whether or not they have DNA soon, just because I've only seen them mention people donating DNA once. Unless someone has other links!

One reason I wondered if they had confirmed it, was that if LE does not have DNA, asking people to donate DNA could be a tactical move. I've seen it done in other cases, where LE would ask people to volunteer DNA and they would zone in on the person(s) who were objecting. If that's the case, LE probably doesn't want to announce if they have DNA one way or another, and purposely remain vague.

JMOO and a theory.

One reason I wondered if they had confirmed it, was that if LE does not have DNA, asking people to donate DNA could be a tactical move. I've seen it done in other cases, where LE would ask people to volunteer DNA and they would zone in on the person(s) who were objecting. If that's the case, LE probably doesn't want to announce if they have DNA one way or another, and purposely remain vague.

JMOO and a theory.

Someone posted a link in this thread a few minutes ago saying they put a rush on the DNA samples. However, like you said, that could be a front. Who knows.

Im not sure if anyone else has said this yet.... The LE said they couldn't determine if that was the perps voice which means that the video clips we see of the perp are not at the same time the voice is recorded, if that were the case they would see him talking and be able to say for sure that is his voice. This means that we have pieces of the puzzle but they are all out of order. The pictures of the perp on the bridge comes before the voice recording. Perhaps at some point IMO she stops video recording for some reason and all you have is audio. If that were the case then the LE should know if there are more than one perp right? I dont understand the motivation for not letting us know how many possible people were involved.

In my opinion, he doesn't look like a worldly person of sorts. I think he probably stays within a certain radius of his home base of sorts. He doesn't look in the pic to be athletic, (legs of pants baggie, but jacket doesn't button, so there's a gut), but looks lazy with upkeep.
Door to door investigation maybe? There's probably an elderly population with eyes and ears but no Internet or cable, etc

The DNA Evidence has been fast-tracked. Sorry if this has been posted.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/23/carroll...investigation-says-dna-evidence-fast-tracked/

I HOPE they will get clearance or whatever to use familial DNA in this case!

http://heavy.com/news/2016/12/famil...est-current-approaches-justin-christian-ohio/

Thank you! It would seem that they have DNA then, since there wouldn't be any reason to fast-track donated DNA if they have nothing to compare it to.

From the article:

Leazenby couldn’t address the specific forensics of the case, but he did say investigators were looking at all of the evidence, from statements made by individuals to physical clues. He said there were “several pieces to this huge puzzle.”

Leazenby did say investigators have asked for DNA evidence to be “fast-tracked.”

“I can’t go into the specifics because of the ongoing (investigation), that’s being expedited as best as it can be done,” he said.

Someone posted a link in this thread a few minutes ago saying they put a rush on the DNA samples. However, like you said, that could be a front. Who knows.

(Yeah I just caught up with that. Slow down, people. lol) :D

attachment.php
attachment.php

I’d like to dispel the notion that the shadow in the lower left of Liberty's photo of Abigail contains one or two vehicles, alternately seen as a truck, SUV, van, car, etc. And that there are 2 or even up to 6 people in the shadows of this photo. If you calculate the distance from Liberty to this shadowy area, knowing that the bridge is at most 70’ high, knowing that the creek is about 130’ wide, guessing that the shadow area is no more than 70 horizontal feet from Liberty (and I think that is generous) … simple triangulation gives you a distance to the shadow beneath the tree of around 100’. This morning I took this photo. From where I am standing , the blue vehicle near where the two people are standing is around 100’ (measured via google map distance tool). IMO the size of the blue vehicle and the size of the people show you that there is no way that the shadow area of Liberty’s photo contains vehicles and/or people.

In addition, please look at the size of the trees in Liberty's photo. If the one in the shadowy area were actually next to a vehicle, calculate just how big the diameter of that tree would have to be. Do you see any trees closer to Liberty that look that big?

I might be off a bit in my calculations and guesstimates, but I don't think enough to change the conclusion that there cannot possibly be vehicles in that photo.

I know we all want this sick SOB to be found, and found quickly. I urge caution in analyzing photos - always keep size and perspective in mind.

Attachments

• 3D36B46600000578-4224810-image-m-78_1487103487283.jpg
    3D36B46600000578-4224810-image-m-78_1487103487283.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 638
  • WP_20170223_09_11_37_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170223_09_11_37_Pro.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 644
I can't find any bathroom facilities on the maps. Do any exist? Are they, perhaps, sitting perched on top of a hill or slope?

It would provide a prime opportunity for the abduction of two people. The one outside is alone, the second one comes out to find their friend being threatened and is ordered to comply, then they are marched behind the facilities into the woods. Complete surprise. Just a thought.

I'm amazed at Libby's wherewithal to access her phone in the face of such immanent danger. She's a brave soul. I am perplexed by how she managed it, though. My phone is set to lock after a minute or two and i have to enter a password, then I have to swipe to get to my camera, then swipe again to set to video. I have no idea what type of phone she had, but I keep reading where people assume she" pressed a button to record" - does anyone have a phone that you could literally just look at and press a button for recording? I think this is important to dissect. In my opinion, the most likely way she could have utilized her phone would have been in a leading or lure type of setting. A situation in which things were starting off normal, but she grew suspicious without tipping off the perp, and manipulated her phone to record. Again, just a thought.

He was a town bully. Constantly involved in and threatened law suits. Arrested for a ton of crimes-theft, assault, child molestation. Sat with his wife one day in the middle of the afternoon, dozens of people around, was shot by two different guns. "No one saw a thing" and the case never went to trial.

Have always been fascinated by this case. Book about it called "In Broad Daylight" is well done. I have a neighbor whose grandfather was part of the crowd who "saw nothing" and the neighbor says his grandfather won't even speak of it at all.

going off of what locals have said, the girls went out there many times before to hike and take pictures. In fact one of the girls moms comented 4 yrs ago that it was one of her favorite places to go. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynichick