What Do You Want to Know?: List Questions Here

Welcome to Websleuths Deadhead Kay!

I wish I could answer your questions, but I am kind of new to this case too.

How can I help?
I Just Moved To Downtown L.A & Willing To Go Deep Into The Cecil Hotel (Stay On Main)

Ok Im not sure if any of you are still interested in this.

I wanted to post a new thread, but I'm new so i can't yet.

I just moved to L.A and i have been to the Cecil hotel twice.
I am now "on the in" there, so to speak.
I made nice with an employee, i have rep there, and I've discovered many secrets of theirs.
Secrets including high pressure air systems that are meant to clear contaminants, odors etc. (very weird and very powerful pressure).
The employee is "iffy" on discussing details about Elisa Lam, suicides etc.
He became extremely scared when I mentioned any of the shady past,
even shaking and stuttering,and replied "Oh that girl in the elevator"
then very creepily offered to "show us the Pent house"
immediately after I brought up that he lied about the Hotel Cortez affiliation, and Elisa Lam etc.
He even tried to downplay it, this was all before i found out she was found in the water tank,
he basically lied as soon as we unsuspectingly checked in. This was day two of my first visit.

I had no idea all of this was even a thing until two strange girls passing me in the hallway on the morning of day two told me the hotel was really the "Hotel Cortez".
They weren't guests and i never saw them after that.
So then i researched, and that was that, and now I'm here.

All this to say I will be happy to answer any questions, as I've found a lot of stuff never mentioned, not just about Elisa Lam but just strange activity from the employees, also anything anyone knows, like places to look for strange activity. Remember its 3 years later, but more has happened, and will continue to happen, it goes much deeper than Elisa Lam I assure you all MUCH MUCH DEEPER.
Mixed with the suicides, deaths, murders, serial killers, etc I myself am convinced that the employees, or employee are up to something that ever since the place is open there's been something happening there most likely amongst the employees.
For example one of the earlier suicides when a woman jumped out of her window,
it was said that the husband had no idea why she did and he was sleeping it said the manager vouched for him, the strange thing about that is how could the hotel manager possibly have vouched for the husband. I mean unless those rooms had cameras or something that could've showed inside the room (which obviously they didn't lol).
Then how could the manager of known he was sleeping, and she jumped.

Of course this is all speculation but it makes more sense that possibly an employee in the early years past the torch to the next employee, who passed on the torch to the next employee etc.
Since The First three years opened people have just been getting killed, supposedly jumping out of windows, brutally killing themselves, and others inside the hotel. People moving into the hotel, then leaving and killing themselves or somebody else, which has occurred many times not mentioned in many places unless you dig.

My point is.... Im here, I live in downtown L.A. Im making a detailed documentary covering everything from the early years of strange activities, to the suicide jumper that just
recently jumped from a window of the Cecil in June 2015.

So please if anybody still wants to find out what's happening at that hotel,
not just with Elisa Lam, but also interested in what's really going on there.
It goes deeper than just Elisa Lam, and has been happening since its second year opened.
So any questions, or requests Im here, ready, and willing to go inside the hotel and get to the bottom of whats happening there, and for how long

I plead to all of you, do not abandon this now, you have all worked so hard.
As Ive repeated, Elisa lam isn't the biggest mystery at the Cecil.
As I've said, and will release footage of soon,
something HORRIBLY, HORRIBLY wrong is happening there,
and has been since it literally opened,
and Im going to get to the bottom of it, but i could use some help.

Whos In?

Be careful buying that, Courtre -- it sounds like BS.

I read that the hotel had moved Elisa to her own room because her "roommates" whom she had been sharing a room with had complained about her "odd behavior". Was there any specific information ever released as to what this "odd behavior" was? Was it "odd" verbal traits or body language? Was it anything that mimicked what the camera picked up in the elevator?

I have been looking into this case for a while is there any new information about what might have happened to her? or is it still being ruled as accidental. If so, I wish they could explain what the accident was. :(

Also, I came across an article with an interesting quote with LAPD Detective Wallace Tennelle:

“The detective said Lam's appearance in the elevator video wasn't the only time she was seen on hotel surveillance tape. ‘We did see her come in with two gentlemen. She had — they had a box, gave it to her,’ he said. ‘She went up into her — to the elevator. We never saw them again on video.’”

Has this been looked into? I find it strange that this fact is mentioned in only one of the many different news articles.

That is really strange, do you know if this was on the day that she disappeared?

What I'm wondering is if her wrist watch was waterproof and if it wasn't - what time did it stop, which would maybe indicate the time it was submerged in water. I'm surprised it's never mentioned anywhere. Also, after reading every information I could find I can't get rid of the feeling that she might have been unconscious when she was put into the tank. The strangest part to me is her being completely naked, including the underwear and watch, very weird. So many unanswered questions, like did they found her fingerprints on that water tank or not..

im really confused about the being naked part as well, the only yhing i can think of is if she was having a panic or an episode of some sort, she may have climbed in and taken her clothes off to keep afloat, but i wouldnt have thought she would have taken everything off? also if someone put her in there, why would they just put all her stuff in there as well?

Hello fellow sleuthers,
I'm hoping someone would be able to give me some suggestions in regard to finding the missing and unidentifieds on a few different sites. does anyone have any suggestions they could give. There are so many the task is daunting. It saddens me to know how many people are without their loved ones and I want to TRY to help. So if anyone could give me any pointers or advice I'd be most grateful. Thank you

I have been looking into this case for a while is there any new information about what might have happened to her? or is it still being ruled as accidental. If so, I wish they could explain what the accident was. :(

They pretty much did explain it: it was a manic/psychotic episode that resulted in the girl accidentally drowning herself. Sometimes, I don't think people understand just how out-of-control one is in a manic episode -- it's literally like you're in a dream, except you're not. People seem to refuse to believe that she climbed up that roof and onto the water tower and jumped in herself -- but again, and sadly, it's possible. She was even known to play a video game where you jump into and travel via water tanks (if I remember correctly). She was obviously in a psychotic episode on the elevator (you don't laugh if some stranger is following you and you don't dilly dally for minutes playing hide-and-go-seek). In this manic state, she found her way onto the roof on her own, climbed the water tank, and jumped in with all her clothes on. She was in the tank for weeks, and the water was rotating inside the tank all that time, which may have removed her clothes on its own. Either that, or she herself removed her clothes, dropped them inside, then jumped in afterward.

Also, I came across an article with an interesting quote with LAPD Detective Wallace Tennelle:

“The detective said Lam's appearance in the elevator video wasn't the only time she was seen on hotel surveillance tape. ‘We did see her come in with two gentlemen. She had — they had a box, gave it to her,’ he said. ‘She went up into her — to the elevator. We never saw them again on video.’”

Has this been looked into? I find it strange that this fact is mentioned in only one of the many different news articles.

That is really strange, do you know if this was on the day that she disappeared?

This has been known here for a while now; whether the police looked into it or not, I would assume they did. I always just assumed they were two guys she met while traveling. She liked going to those socials (or whatever you call them) and she probably met them there. She didn't invite them up as far as I know, and they left the hotel while EL got on the elevator to go up to her room. But yes, hopefully it was looked in to.

Here are all the official documents I could find so far.
Inside this link is the timeline, Cecil employee statements etc!
Even links to what is thought to be her blogs, social network accounts etc.
Its a pretty comprehensive report given here.
There are two links below. One an analysis, the other a compilation of facts!

https://plexus-pi.com/news/elisa-lam-court-documents/

https://plexus-pi.com/news/mysterious-death-of-elisa-lam/#comment-145

• Regarding this:

At 00:02:12 she begins counting her fingers even. Using her right hand to hold each finger of her left hand. First the index finger, then the middle finger, then the ring finger. Bending her legs as she grasps each finger then standing straight up again as if to express exaggeration or the importance of each detail she is explaining

I have different view,
    i think she did massage for finger and not counting, and if the video has audio we should hear sound like “tek..tek..tek” from her fingers,
    some people usually do this kind of thing when experience anxiety or just to relax..

reference:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Sel...X&ved=0ahUKEwiUiYrszKfSAhVKJMAKHRXLCSMQsAQILw

Thanks. This case really breaks my heart -- she seemed like such an awesome and intelligent girl.

My question: When exactly was Elisa reported missing/when was she last seen?

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013...n-suspicious-disappearance-of-canadian-woman/

Indicates she was last seen on January 26th

http://laist.com/2015/10/01/elisa_lam_wrongful_death_suit.php

Indicates she went missing on January 31st, reported missing shortly thereafter

There is a very large discrepancy in all of these dates... The autopsy report indicates she was /last seen alive/ February 1st.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

^ She had been calling home every day while on her trip. So my best guess is, she was last seen by someone in LA on the 26th; but she was still phoning home afterward (albeit, technically unseen). Either that, or future sightings of her weren't reported at the time CBS posted their story (i.e. witnesses came forward after the story was published).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back