IL - Kyrian Knox, 2, Rockford, mutilated, 20 Aug 2015 - #2 *not guilty*

Can anyone explain how it can possibly have taken a YEAR from the police seizing the car mats until today's arrest? A YEAR!!!! I'm mad!

JMO, but better that they take a year, dot every i and cross every t and do the utmost of due diligence and make sure the guy gets everything that's coming to him than things get rushed and he gets off on some kind of technicality.

It taking a year isn't going to change the inevitable, in fact it ensures the best possible result.

A good reminder for some other cases that even though it might look like nothing is happening, that doesn't mean the wheels of justice aren't turning behind the scenes.

JMO, but better that they take a year, dot every i and cross every t and do the utmost of due diligence and make sure the guy gets everything that's coming to him than things get rushed and he gets off on some kind of technicality.

It taking a year isn't going to change the inevitable, in fact it ensures the best possible result.

A good reminder for some other cases that even though it might look like nothing is happening, that doesn't mean the wheels of justice aren't turning behind the scenes.

I know, I know, it's just different to where I live. I hate the fact that someone who has killed and chopped up a toddler has been walking free for 15 months.

No idea what may have happened last week. Next court date is Feb 27. :waiting:

KHcourtdate.PNG

Feels like justice will NEVER arrive for this little boy.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

So... do they keep postponing the court date because they are maybe waiting on evidence or something, or does he or his attorney actually appear in court periodically to keep the wheels in motion?

Anybody familiar with Cook Co. know what's going on here?

Woman linked to Kyrian Knox case found not guilty of obstruction
A woman accused of providing false information to authorities as they investigated the gruesome slaying of a toddler was found not guilty of obstructing justice.

Judge John Lowry ruled today that prosecutors had not proven that Danyelle Foggs, 36, of Rockford, had knowingly provided false information or intended to obstruct a criminal investigation.

This baby gets no justice so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree. Strongly. And furthermore, I have long had my eye beyond these two oxygen thieves. I am truly convinced this bad parent (D) was set up by another bad parent (cough, cough, cough)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

When were KH's charged decreased to battery/intent to cause bodily harm?

UGH!!!

http://www2.cookcountysheriff.org/search2/details.asp?jailnumber=2016-1116180

The aggravated battery charge stems from the 2016 incident in which Harris pushed a family services worker investigating the whereabouts of his infant daughter.

He is still charged with Kyrian's murder, concealment of a homicide, and dismembering a human body in the death of the child.

http://www.rrstar.com/news/20171006...ounty-pleads-guilty-to-pushing-state-employee

Trial begins for man charged with dismembering 2-year-old found in Garfield Park Lagoon

CHICAGO — The man who allegedly murdered a 2-year-old boy and dismembered his body went on trial on Tuesday.

Trial opens

Relatives of 2-year-old Kyrian Knox quietly sobbed or bowed their heads Tuesday as Cook County prosecutors showed photos of the boy’s body parts recovered from the Garfield Park Lagoon as the trial into his grisly death began in earnest.

Murder trial opens

Kamel Harris seemed like a nice enough guy in the few hours Tanisha Knox had spent with him before she left her 2-year-old son, Kyrian, at Harris’ crowded Rockford apartment for what was supposed to be a few weeks in August 2015. Knox and Harris’ daughter, a childhood friend and fellow single mom, were headed to find jobs and an apartment in Iowa and expected to be back for their toddlers in a few weeks.

In the first day of the week-long trial, prosecutors claimed Harris “snapped” and killed Knox, The Chicago Tribune reported.

If anyone finds an EU friendly website reporting on this, please let me know. The Chicago Tribune doesn't work in the UK, and I can't find any others.

(EU peeps - is it just me, or are we gradually getting increasingly excluded from US news sites? It's crazy how much stuff I can't open these days!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back