CA CA - Elaine Park, 20, Glendale, 28 Jan 2017

I heard somewhere on facebook that the lights were something to do with lights that prevent pictures takes by paparazzi
What do you mean?

From the article:
"Sgt. Troy Ewing, of the Los Angeles County Sheriff Department’s Homicide Bureau, revealed the day after being assigned to the case that the body was about two months old.

Ewing also said early in his investigation that foul play is suspected.

'Any time you find a body in a location like this there’s always some type of foul play suspected,' he said in an interview last week.

'But, it could be anything,' he said. 'It could be someone who overdosed, where the friend got scared and dumped the body, you don’t know.

'And, we won’t know until the coroner conducts his investigation,' Ewing said."
(BBM)

If this turns out to be Elaine, it's going to be game on. Unfortunately, big money usually trumps over justice. Just remember, if the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit. Even with hard evidence, a sketchy lawyer can cast doubt on even the most obvious conclusions. And with no hard evidence in this case.... it will be unfortunate.

I really, deeply, truly, sincerely hope Elaine has just taken a break from everyone for a bit. But it's been too long now, so I am no longer confident with that level of hope.

I am hoping & praying there is resolution in her case soon & she is located safe.

My heart breaks for her mother.....someone has to have seen or heard something!

Just checking in tonight....no news on what was found ?? I'm going to go with "no news is good news " but sure wish she is found soon !!

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Were leaflets passed out in the Topanga area? In the past, the area had a reputation for attracting a combination of artists and drug users seeking isolation. I dont know if the area has since gentrified, but it might be a good place to canvass.

http://www.crescentavalleyweekly.com/news/03/16/2017/la-crescenta-girl-still-missing-now-40-days/
In this article there's a quote by Susan Park: “On Jan. 28 I texted her; no response. I called her phone and it would shut off after two rings,” Susan said.
That means someone was denying her call. It wouldn't ring twice if it was off, it would go straight to voice mail.
Is there any way to ping where Elaine's phone was at the time of those phone calls? It kills me how little there is to go on here... no scent trail, no phone logs, no signs of anything except a car in the middle of the PCH a few days later. It's incredibly bizarre. I'm so heartbroken for her mother.
A possible scenario is that her car was broken down and someone saw her and snatched her, we should be trying to get the word out all across CA and nearby states as well because she could be anywhere, and if someone did kidnap her it's unlikely she's anywhere near the area where she was taken.

Now the fb page says Elaine phone was pinged on the 2nd. If her phone was dead would the police be able to ping it? So where was she from the time she left the boyfriends house to the 2nd? If there was foul play no one would leave her phone on so it could be tracked. Now I'm leaning towards volentary missing maybe.

https://m.facebook.com/helpfindelainepark/?tsid=0.9464935856753102&source=typeahead

http://www.crescentavalleyweekly.com/news/03/16/2017/la-crescenta-girl-still-missing-now-40-days/

Also her phone had to be charged between the 28th and 2nd. Her battery wouldn't have died after 24 hours of people calling and texting her. Someone knows a lot more and is not talking.

Here in WS we've seen a few people fake their own abductions for attention. They usually come back after a few weeks.

Remember that girl who faked a kidnapping from her parents cabin in the woods? That girl even left the car door ajar and left the car running, then a few weeks later was "dropped off by her abductor near her mothers house". Yeah right.

It wouldn't surprise me if Elaine is just fine, choosing to fall off the grid for a while.

Here in WS we've seen a few people fake their own abductions for attention. They usually come back after a few weeks.

Remember that girl who faked a kidnapping from her parents cabin in the woods? That girl even left the car door ajar and left the car running, then a few weeks later was "dropped off by her abductor near her mothers house". Yeah right.

It wouldn't surprise me if Elaine is just fine, choosing to fall off the grid for a while.

The only thing that is weird is the dogs didn't pick up a scent. I do think she went somewhere after leaving the BF. I wish I knew what kind of drugs were in the car. Was it just a little pot or something more hard core. When did her phone start going to VM? How many days after the 28th?

I hope this link is considered mainstream enough for posting here. Here's some information I don't think I've read elsewhere.

It says the search on March 12 did not find anything connected to Elaine, although volunteers found animal bones and some women's clothing.

The mom says Elaine and the bf were very involved in Dec up to mid Jan, when Elaine broke up with him.

Elaine worked at a game arcade in Hollywood.

"It was believed that a body found early last week in Santa Clarita might hold clues, but the body was reported to be that of another person."

http://www.theacorn.com/news/2017-03-16/Front_Page/Special_Report_Missing_in_the_mountains.html

From the acorn article above, this is new information:

[FONT=&amp]"Park is soliciting the public’s help in locating any video that might show her daughter’s car en route from Calabasas to the Pacific Coast Highway during the time from Jan. 28 when she went missing until March 2 when the vehicle was found. A reward is being offered. The route to the beach would have included parts of Delphine Lane, Mulholland Highway, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Cold Canyon Road and Malibu Canyon Road[/FONT][FONT=&amp]. Contact Park at [/FONT]spark5.sp86@gmail.com. "

BBM - We know from the Find Elaine Park FB page that the Park family has been pushing incredibly hard for more surveillance footage from the BF's house. We do not know if LE has seen more footage, but we know Susan Park has not. The posts make that very clear as well as several MSM articles stating that she wants to see more and the current footage is inconclusive. Many of us have posted reasons why the footage is inconclusive as well.

I think this last part of the article is new information that she is seeking more footage from the public instead of the family. And Delphine Lane is the road inside the BF's gated community. It's smart they are indirectly asking for the neighbors to send her their footage, but I also feel this was needed a long time ago...

I also find it interesting that Park is asking for this information and not LE.

In this article there's a quote by Susan Park: “On Jan. 28 I texted her; no response. I called her phone and it would shut off after two rings,” Susan said.
That means someone was denying her call. It wouldn't ring twice if it was off, it would go straight to voice mail.
Is there any way to ping where Elaine's phone was at the time of those phone calls? It kills me how little there is to go on here... no scent trail, no phone logs, no signs of anything except a car in the middle of the PCH a few days later. It's incredibly bizarre. I'm so heartbroken for her mother.
A possible scenario is that her car was broken down and someone saw her and snatched her, we should be trying to get the word out all across CA and nearby states as well because she could be anywhere, and if someone did kidnap her it's unlikely she's anywhere near the area where she was taken.

Now the fb page says Elaine phone was pinged on the 2nd. If her phone was dead would the police be able to ping it? So where was she from the time she left the boyfriends house to the 2nd? If there was foul play no one would leave her phone on so it could be tracked. Now I'm leaning towards volentary missing maybe.

https://m.facebook.com/helpfindelainepark/?tsid=0.9464935856753102&source=typeahead

Also her phone had to be charged between the 28th and 2nd. Her battery wouldn't have died after 24 hours of people calling and texting her. Someone knows a lot more and is not talking.

All RBBM.

Some great questions.

Is there any way to ping where Elaine's phone was at the time of those phone calls?
From a Wikipedia article (sources at the bottom of the page):
"Mobile phone tracking is the ascertaining of the position or location of a mobile phone, whether stationary or moving. Localization may occur either via multilateration of radio signals between (several) cell towers of the network and the phone, or simply via GPS. To locate a mobile phone using multilateration of radio signals, it must emit at least the roaming signal to contact the next nearby antenna tower, but the process does not require an active call.
Newer phones may also allow the tracking of the phone even when turned on and not active in a telephone call." (BBM)
So yes, I believe LE should be able to (if they haven't already) determine where Elaine's phone was as her mom was attempting to reach her via phone and text (and even with the phone's GPS turned off). Or at least the technology exists for them to be able to do that.

Now the fb page says Elaine phone was pinged on the 2nd. If her phone was dead would the police be able to ping it? So where was she from the time she left the boyfriends house to the 2nd? If there was foul play no one would leave her phone on so it could be tracked.
From the Crescenta Valley Weekly article:
"'The vehicle was found (on Feb. 2). Our detectives were pinging [tracking the phone’s signal]; it didn’t have a ping pattern but from the time she was reported missing we were pinging it and finally located the vehicle,' [GPD spokesman] William said."
I'm not sure if a drained iPhone can be pinged or traced. However, according to the GPD spokesperson, LE started pinging Elaine's phone as soon as she was reported missing and they were able to locate her car (where they also found her phone) eventually, so it does sound like to me that they have some tracking information on the phone from Jan. 28th, when she was reported missing, to Feb. 2nd., when her vehicle was found. The spokesman does not necessarily say that they were able to ping the phone on Feb. 2nd; maybe they had just enough tracking information from, say, the first 48 hours after Elaine was reported missing to establish the car's location (a process that could have taken a couple of days to complete). I can also see a scenario in which someone leaves a phone turned on for a period of time to make it look as though the owner is alive and well but does not wish to be found. For example, in Elaine's case, I can see someone other than Elaine driving her car (with her phone in it) to where it was found to make it look like she drove straight to that location after leaving the BF's place.

Also her phone had to be charged between the 28th and 2nd. Her battery wouldn't have died after 24 hours of people calling and texting her.
According to Elaine's mom, Elaine's phone would shut off after two rings as she called her phone on Jan. 28th. I cannot tell from the article how long this went on; it's possible that it started going straight to voicemail after a certain period of time, whether from the battery going dead or the phone being shut off.

From the acorn article above, this is new information:

[FONT=&]"Park is soliciting the public’s help in locating any video that might show her daughter’s car en route from Calabasas to the Pacific Coast Highway during the time from Jan. 28 when she went missing until March 2 when the vehicle was found. A reward is being offered. The route to the beach would have included parts of Delphine Lane, Mulholland Highway, [/FONT][FONT=&]Cold Canyon Road and Malibu Canyon Road[/FONT][FONT=&]. Contact Park at [/FONT]spark5.sp86@gmail.com. "

BBM - We know from the Find Elaine Park FB page that the Park family has been pushing incredibly hard for more surveillance footage from the BF's house. We do not know if LE has seen more footage, but we know Susan Park has not. The posts make that very clear as well as several MSM articles stating that she wants to see more and the current footage is inconclusive. Many of us have posted reasons why the footage is inconclusive as well.

I think this last part of the article is new information that she is seeking more footage from the public instead of the family. And Delphine Lane is the road inside the BF's gated community. It's smart they are indirectly asking for the neighbors to send her their footage, but I also feel this was needed a long time ago...

I also find it interesting that Park is asking for this information and not LE.

I, too, wonder if LE has seen something that Elaine's mom hasn't. From the article:

"'We were able to locate surveillance footages, which captured Miss Park leaving by herself and the boyfriend stayed back home,' [Glendale Police Sgt.] William said. 'The video shows Park didn’t seem in distress when she left the neighborhood in her car. 'What happened after that is a mystery. We don’t know why she ended up in Malibu,' he said."

It sounds like LE is convinced that Elaine left the BF's property (even though the video from the FB page only shows Elaine walking towards her car; it does not show her actually getting into her car or driving away) and that "she ended up in Malibu." It is her car that was found in Malibu; Elaine has not been found, leaving the possibility that she didn't even end up there.

It sounds like LE is convinced that Elaine left the BF's property (even though the video from the FB page only shows Elaine walking towards her car; it does not show her actually getting into her car or driving away) and that "she ended up in Malibu." It is her car that was found in Malibu; Elaine has not been found, leaving the possibility that she didn't even end up there.

BBM - I'm not certain LE is convinced. It could be the only evidence they have to speak on. They cannot name the BF as a POI unless they have evidence that puts him as suspect. And the lack of any trace of her, doesn't constitute as evidence. Remember LE stated in a previous MSM article that "They are doing everything they can to find Elaine within everyone's constitutional rights". This is an odd thing for LE to say when they have repeatedly stated over and over again that Elaine left her BF's house, the BF did not follow, and the BF has been very, very cooperative.

Although it may be useless info, Elaine kept a vine account with small snippets of video from her daily life. She kept it updated until December 19, 2016.

https://vine.co/9lain9

I am curious why she went from posting on social media daily/weekly and it slowed down before she disappeared. I really hope Elaine is found safe. Where could she be.

Although it may be useless info, Elaine kept a vine account with small snippets of video from her daily life. She kept it updated until December 19, 2016.

https://vine.co/9lain9
Vine shut down in mid January this year and her last vine dates from around the time they announced it was closing (IIRC). You can still make vines but only on a specific app that then posts the vine to twitter, but it was the site itself that was the vine community.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back