GUILTY UK - Helen Bailey, 51, Royston, 11 April 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something made me want to visit here today; probably a coincidence but as I was logging on I realised it is Helen's birthday. Echo others above; she should be here enjoying a trip on the Heath (Royston or Hampstead) but sending good thoughts to her, Boris and loved ones.

Something made me want to visit here today; probably a coincidence but as I was logging on I realised it is Helen's birthday. Echo others above; she should be here enjoying a trip on the Heath (Royston or Hampstead) but sending good thoughts to her, Boris and loved ones.

Just wondering if it is a typo or am I completely wrong, I thought april 11 was the date she went missing and her birthday is in august. I too felt strongly to come here today.

Just wondering if it is a typo or am I completely wrong, I thought april 11 was the date she went missing and her birthday is in august. I too felt strongly to come here today.

Yes it is believed 11 April was the day that Ian Stewart murdered her, but until he reveals all, we'll never know for certain.

Also thinking of Helen & Boris today.

"Being generous of spirit is a wonderful way to live"
attachment.php

Attachments

• Lily of the valley.jpg
    Lily of the valley.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 321
Special thoughts for Helen and Boris today - and her family and friends.

I like to believe that she is walking happily in a better place, with JS , Boris and Rufus.

:rose::rose::rose::rose:

couldnt put it in any way better Alyce.

RIP Helen - you will never be forgotten.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Such a poignant day, especially with the sun shining when thinking of Helen's family and friends in their loss of her, and wishing that the sunlight of her grace and love shall give them comfort on all the anniversaries now and beyond.
Thank you all WS for sharing your messages today - a date that is written in stone between us always.
The saddest day and now one year later represented by the 'pink' full moon.

Boris and Helen shall not ever be forgotten in their beauty of true love together.

The pink moon, which is not pink
shines especially large tonight -
capturing your wonderful brightness,
support to the healing of loss and heart break.

Your way of loving all things beautiful,
in word, aesthetics, food, dogs, the hope for young people.
An understanding of compromise and struggle,
generosity towards a world less, and ability to bestow your energy.

A giving and beautiful person -
an inspiration in taking care
beyond yourself.

Our love and admiration stretches across the sky tonight.

No, so sorry for the silly mistake, you are quite right-please put it down to carer exhaustion. I will come back in August. The best wishes to loved ones and wishes for them to have been walking in a lovely space are still there.

I wish it hadn't been such a horrible anniversary.

Helen's blog made me feel 'at last someone understands'. Her death made me feel she was too good for this World. Reunited at last though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In memory of Helen & Boris 2 very special souls
You had so much to give & so many goals
April 11th is here & The pink moon shines down
Do I smile thinking of you or do i dwell & frown ?
You had so much living to do
You touched the hearts of so many you knew
Even people who only got to know you after
Were so touched by your empathy, inspiration & laughter
Your spirit lives on in the in your books & blog
Boris is a legacy not just known to be any dog
He was your life, your family & your love
Your spirits both fly free like a Dove
It's never easy to say goodbye
Fly high in the sky both of you & i'll try not to cry
Rest In Peace *advertiser censored*

The killer of children´s author Helen Bailey has been ordered to pay almost £100,000 to cover the cost of his trial.

[...]

Stewart did not appear at the hearing due to ill health, prompting the judge to say: "I had my doubts when I first heard about it but having seen a nurse´s letter I have no reason to oppose it."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa...ler-ordered-pay-98-000-cover-trial-costs.html

During a brief hearing at St Albans Crown Court, Judge Andrew Bright confirmed £5,100 of the murderer's ill-gotten gains previously confiscated will go to Ms Bailey's estate.

He also agreed to prosecutor Stuart Trimmer's request for costs of £98,455 to be met to cover the expenses incurred by the six-and-a-half week trial.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/helen-bailey-murderer-ian-stewart-13531468

If he hasn't appealed his conviction then I don't see what grounds he will have to appeal the costs order.

Pleased to hear IS is going to have to pay out - pity it isn't even more.

As for his sick note - sooo predictable.

Thought I would post this up as it could have been related to Helen's case.
If this law had gone through just one year earlier - and IS had not been caught out of course - then he would have been able to get his hands on Helen's money after 3 months.

Claudia's Law . Under this new Act, which only covers England and Wales, one or more applicants can apply to the court for a ‘Guardianship Order’ to manage the property and financial affairs of the missing person after they have been confirmed missing for more than 90 days. The order lasts for up to 4 years and can be renewed on expiry.

https://www.kitsons-solicitors.co.u...-act-2017-claudia-s-law-receives-royal-assent

I have a feeling he was worth around £600,000. £520,000 for the sale of his house and around £80,000 in various insurance payments on his wife. However, it is a long time ago now and memories fade. So he has a bill for around £100,000 for the Prosecution costs. His defence costs, using one of the best lawyers in the uk, must be huge. JJ is excellent at roughing out costs but I am thinking 6 weeks is going to make a huge dent in his savings.

According to various papers the police are still looking at Diane's death. I am not sure if they are just repeats of earlier articles or whether they are still searching for an answer.

Anyone know if Helen's house has been sold yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member