Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #14 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://wkrn.com/2017/04/21/nashville-native-helped-lead-police-to-tad-cummins-elizabeth-thomas/
A little more info about the man who called 911.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From link

" Barry said Cummins and Thomas were looking for the Black Bear Ranch Commune but were flat broke and out of gas.

“I put some gas in his car and gave him 40 dollars and said if it doesn’t work come back I’ll feed you you, know what I mean?” said Barry.

They reportedly made it to the ranch, but members of the commune knew something was amiss.

“I feel a little funny because there were all kinds of indications that there was something a little funny going on never occurred to me that she was 15 year old, they said she was 22, I thought… yeah,” said Peter LaughingWolf.

LaughingWolf said when the commune told Cummins it wouldn’t be a good fit for the commune, he reportedly stormed off with his young victim.

“What really should have been a clue that something was wrong was that he got so angry when that was shared with them,” added LaughingWolf.

Cummins and Thomas went back to the property Barry tends and he said they could stay in his cabin if they agreed to work on the property."

Both Cummins and the teenager looked healthy, but the girl was visibly emotional as the ordeal came to an end.

Investigators also recovered two loaded handguns and a collection of stones marked with the names of locations where the two had presumably stopped during their travels.

Cummins told arresting officers that he felt relief.

Cummins' extradition would likely take weeks to arrange.

A US Attorney said his office will add a federal charge against Cummins, for transportation of a minor across state lines for sexual intercourse. That offense carries a maximum sentence of life in prison.

https://www.streetinsider.com/Reute...apping+case+captured,+girl+safe/12797557.html

If a Federal case (vs state) there will not be any cameras in the courtroom, and longer sentence potentially. My guess is they will go for federal charges first. Good, as not too happy with potential state trial and that "friend" DA and jury pool.

She's got 31yrs invested in her marriage with TC including grand babies. He's been her life all those years and all she has known. Southern women that age are taught to stand be their men. Take the good with the bad. I'm from Tenn and around her age and had this kind of upbringing. In every interview I watched of JC I wasn't convinced she would truly divorce him but would eventually welcome him back.

His family is all he has and he will manipulate his way back into it. He will have her believing it wasn't his fault and he's so sorry. I'm 99.9% positive she will support and standby him like Dottie Sandusky. She reminds me so much of her. Too nice, gentle, loving and probably very gullible. Sadly, he probably knew in the end she would forgive and take him back. She would always be there. [emoji19]

I sure hope she has had enough time to process exactly what he has done and how that reflects on what she thought her marriage was. If she stands by him, she stands to lose a lot. His legal fees alone will put them so far in the hole that they'll never recover. They already took out a loan to cover his suspension alone. It could also have ramifications on her job too. TC put the school in a very bad position and they face lawsuits because of it, to have her standing behind him could be more than they can tolerate and have her one the payroll too. As some of the details come out the town holdouts (I hope) would find it difficult to continue to thing TC is that wonderful guy. IMO JC has a lot more to lose if she stays with TC. Best thing she can do for herself and her family is to put lots of distance between themselves and that self-centered loser. If she doesn't, then she deserves the misery she will get.

I sure hope she has had enough time to process exactly what he has done and how that reflects on what she thought her marriage was. If she stands by him, she stands to lose a lot. His legal fees alone will put them so far in the hole that they'll never recover. They already took out a loan to cover his suspension alone. It could also have ramifications on her job too. TC put the school in a very bad position and they face lawsuits because of it, to have her standing behind him could be more than they can tolerate and have her one the payroll too. As some of the details come out the town holdouts (I hope) would find it difficult to continue to thing TC is that wonderful guy. IMO JC has a lot more to lose if she stays with TC. Best thing she can do for herself and her family is to put lots of distance between themselves and that self-centered loser. If she doesn't, then she deserves the misery she will get.

Why would she stand behind him? She divorced him, then if she stands behind him the divorce is a farce and was only filed for monetary reasons on her part.

Curious about the kidnapping, is that going to be a charge because of her age? From what i have read it appears she went willingly. Jmo

She's 15, even if she went willingly it's not the same as if someone is 18, of legal age, and goes willingly. As a 15 year old, she is underaged, hence, against the law for the adult involved in taking her over state lines.

:wave: New thread coming up. I'll bring some posts over.

Why would she stand behind him? She divorced him, then if she stands behind him the divorce is a farce and was only filed for monetary reasons on her part.

She hasn't divorced him yet. She filed. The process can be lengthy. Now that TC is in custody and facing a boatload of charges, I would suspect he will go into emotional vampire mode and start working on JC and his parents etc. to drum up whatever money and support he can get. As surprising as it may seem, skilled manipulators and narcissists are masters at distorting the facts and making people doubt what they know is fact. JC has spent over 30 years with TC, that tells me a lot. IMO I think there is a chance she could fall back into old patterns of behavior, especially if others close to her are expecting her to stand by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998