Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
it wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility for an official photographer to have attended Julie Cutler's final work function; did i read somewhere it was a presentation night?
... i'm curious as to whether any pics of Julie were taken on the night? i'd really like to see an image of her in the black evening gown.
i'm also curious as to whether she attended with anyone in particular, or whether she went solo.
[emoji887]

I've seen the dress either in a re-enactment or pic - it's not what we might consider a ball gown as such these days, rather, a plain black long- sleeved dress that was about knee-length with a row of gold buttons on the shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did Telstra employees wear a uniform in the 1990s?
Good Question. I see where you are coming from re the long term vexxing question of how victims were lured into the vehicle. IMO the CSK whover he may be was possibly wearing a shirt or a uniform during a couple of the abductions- but not a Telstra Technician one-it would have been" too close to home" if something went awry.
These were highly valued Public Sector "jobs for life". So when the guys were moonlighting second jobs that they really cared little about in the long term scheme of things, they often neglected to mention who they were employed full time by, so if ther was any sort of trouble, dismissal for theft or bad behaviour, no word of it would get back to their real employer, who technically they should have informed and asked permission before starting the second job.
I find the " student" who worked " part time in Hospitality" while driving a brand new Commodore particulary interesting- it is exactly the sort of cover story a public sector employee might invent to stop new aquintances having the chance to report suspicious or antisocial/illegal behaviours back to an valued employer.

I've seen the dress either in a re-enactment or pic - it's not what we might consider a ball gown as such these days, rather, a plain black long- sleeved dress that was about knee-length with a row of gold buttons on the shoulder.

thanks for your description, it would still be really good to see ... i wasn't really imagining a ball gown /evening gown type of frock, but rather something a bit formal (for a work do) on the smart side, establishment friendly.
i also wonder if/where she bought the dress?

Meliss76,

I don't know whether you have realized it or not but some people on this forum are skeptical with regards to your expertise. I'd like to direct you to this forum where I feel you'll be more appreciated Bye for now and all the best!
The link below is for clairvoyants and mediums.

https://www.thetreeofawakening.com/...e/psychic-forum-clairvoyant-spiritual-medium/

ouch. i don't wish to be included amongst the absolute skeptics, i actually do have a very open mind RE matters of the unexplained ... however, as far as this thread goes, Meliss's black clad lady doesn't even fall into as much as a speculated theory for me ... but should anyone be up for a paranormal discussion, i'd be more than happy to continue one by PM ... i might even check out that link myself when i find some time between topics.

[emoji887]

My apologies if I have offended anyone with my post. As a victim myself, but I won't go into that, it wasn't my intention to upset anyone. I thought sharing my experience might be helpful. If anything I would hope the families would get some sort of comfort in knowing the girls are still with them albeit a different way

My apologies if I have offended anyone with my post. As a victim myself, but I won't go into that, it wasn't my intention to upset anyone. I thought sharing my experience might be helpful. If anything I would hope the families would get some sort of comfort in knowing the girls are still with them albeit a different way

You did not offend me Meliss76.

I think I may have seen a similar photo to what was described - will try and find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woman feared mystery car weeks before vanishing

More than 20 years on, relatives remember a road incident that may have been an early warning.

Ronan O’Connell reports

http://thewest2.smedia.com.au/Olive...px?href=WAN/2008/12/05&id=Ar00700&sk=1889EBF6

b99e42f83f8b2ba54c7d14c60cc607d2.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Hi Meliss76,

This Friday there's a support group for anyone who wants to have a chat. It's at Lakers Tavern, Forest Lakes Thornlie at 11am. We can have a good natter about things. I haven't posted anything personal on here because I don't want BRE to be able to claim he hasn't had a fair trial.

Hopefully we'll see you at Lakers on Friday. Canning Vale xx

Hi. First time poster, so not sure if doing this right lol. Hope my comment is allowed. I just wanted to say, I agree with a previous post about the CSK murders possibly being occult related, as I believe I saw the spirit of one of the victims about eight or nine years ago on the way home to Maddington one night

Tell us more please .....

If we are to believe this news report then this explains where the car went in and other clues .

Quote ;

"Ms Cutler’s two-tone grey 1963 Fiat sedan went off an access road into rough seas lapping at the Cottesloe Surf Club boatsheds".

"Forensic tests showed that the ignition and headlights had been on when the car entered the water".

"her unoccupied car was found overturned in the sea off Cottesloe beach".

http://thewest2.smedia.com.au/Olive...px?href=WAN/2008/12/05&id=Ar00700&sk=1889EBF6

thanks for your description, it would still be really good to see ... i wasn't really imagining a ball gown /evening gown type of frock, but rather something a bit formal (for a work do) on the smart side, establishment friendly.
i also wonder if/where she bought the dress?

ouch. i don't wish to be included amongst the absolute skeptics, i actually do have a very open mind RE matters of the unexplained ... however, as far as this thread goes, Meliss's black clad lady doesn't even fall into as much as a speculated theory for me ... but should anyone be up for a paranormal discussion, i'd be more than happy to continue one by PM ... i might even check out that link myself when i find some time between topics.

[emoji887]

Similar to this his black dress? I had something's similar in late 80's.... gold buttons across collarbone and rounder neckline. Shoulder pads too!
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_0101.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 224
If we are to believe this news report then this explains where the car went in and other clues .

Quote ;

"Ms Cutler’s two-tone grey 1963 Fiat sedan went off an access road into rough seas lapping at the Cottesloe Surf Club boatsheds".

"Forensic tests showed that the ignition and headlights had been on when the car entered the water".

"her unoccupied car was found overturned in the sea off Cottesloe beach".

Great article Met, certainly clears up the access road (boat ramp) vs groyne debate. The rough seas mentioned in the article would also explain why car was found overturned also.

Well.. I had 2 hours free today in the city.. So.. I went to the State library! What did I learn? Not much Im sorry to say. I was hoping to come away armed with a picture of the car in the surf as I remembered, but I was surprised to find that the first picture I found of the car was published 12 years after she disappeared by the Sunday Times in an article questioning whether she was the 1st victim of CSK. I also learned that one would need at least 2 days to get anywhere at all. Also, the library's catalogue doesnt have most of the articles about JC logged & the lady working there had no idea how to use the microfiche with the printer attached. Not a good start.... However, with limited time, I thought Id start with the local papers in the days following her disappearance & I whilst I dont have any better idea of the "facts", it is overwhelmingly clear that the police at the time had absolutely zero clue about what really happened, including the route the car took into the sea, with reports all stating it was either driven off the groyne or down the access road in front of the clubrooms and across a "small" amount of sand. I did find a picture of the beach at that time with an arrow pointing to where the car was found which was exactly as I posted before. Forward and to the left of the pylon. The water was right into the bay and the sea looked pretty murky & rough. Its not that hard to see why the car wasnt noticed immediately IMO.
What was perfectly clear is that the reporting of the "facts" were completely dependant on the newspaper telling the story. Ie. The daily news consistently reported the car was FLOATING with both front doors unlocked, drivers window down and the drivers door was OPEN. 19 days later, 08Jul88, they reported "they are now convinced the car was driven off the end of the Cottesloe groyne". The West was the ONLY paper to publish the car was UPTURNED. One article mentioned the seat being found on 20th and handed to the ranger. Another article had a police officer stating the back seat floated out of the car after being driven off the groyne. One further article claimed they found a rubber mat they believed came from the boot located close to the groyne. One said they couldnt work out how it didnt have any scratches if it went off the groyne. One stated the roof was completely caved in from being smashed against the groyne. None consistently reported all the info nor the same details. I took photos of all the articles, but I cant attach them - still having the same manage attachment problem. I'll keep trying.

One other interesting article written in the daily news 23Jun88, right next to the first article I came across regarding JC "Police fear foul play", was an article about another lady that had left the sheraton on 28May, just got into her car & was dragged out by her hair and beaten for 3 hours by a man wearing gloves who ended up bounding her like a mummy in tape before driving her to Wilson in a small yellow car and dumping her out, throwing plastic over her, saying "Right *****, your dead " before driving off and leaving her.
The next interesting article was about another women found murdered in her bedroom in Maddington called Vanessa Devlin, 23, whom they were not ruling out could be linked to the death of Victoria Clarke, and that IF it was all the work of "the Southside rapist" his tally was now 18 rapes and 2 murders in 2 years.
Admittedly, I havent looked into any of those cases so have no idea of the outcomes, if any, besides knowing that someone is in jail for VC murder. Apologies if those stories are of no interest or not new to anyone. Also, there would be plenty more to find on JC if I had the time, which I didnt. If I can work out how to attach all the articles in the meantime, I will... Phew, feeling somewhat defeated now & reeling from the amount of seedy things that seemed to be happening around Perth at that time. Not the mention the other 16? missing girls to follow. There are some really vile people in the world & they just make me sick!

All reports I found that stated a particular Fiat stated a 125. Early reports had various years. 23Jun 1963. 24Jun 1973. 30Jun 1968 Fiat 125. All further reports said 1968 125

I see James Tilbury was arrested for Vanessa Devlins murder & mentioned previously. Sadly, I remembered his name as soon as I read it.

All reports I found that stated a particular Fiat stated a 125. Early reports had various years. 23Jun 1963. 24Jun 1973. 30Jun 1968 Fiat 125. All further reports said 1968 125
Fiat started making the 125 in 1967 and finished making that model in 1971. So it'd have to be 1968

I see James Tilbury was arrested for Vanessa Devlins murder & mentioned previously. Sadly, I remembered his name as soon as I read it.
OT. I wonder if he's related to George Tilbury, of the WAPolice Union?

Well.. I had 2 hours free today in the city.. So.. I went to the State library! What did I learn? Not much Im sorry to say. I was hoping to come away armed with a picture of the car in the surf as I remembered, but I was surprised to find that the first picture I found of the car was published 12 years after she disappeared by the Sunday Times in an article questioning whether she was the 1st victim of CSK. I also learned that one would need at least 2 days to get anywhere at all. Also, the library's catalogue doesnt have most of the articles about JC logged & the lady working there had no idea how to use the microfiche with the printer attached. Not a good start.... However, with limited time, I thought Id start with the local papers in the days following her disappearance & I whilst I dont have any better idea of the "facts", it is overwhelmingly clear that the police at the time had absolutely zero clue about what really happened, including the route the car took into the sea, with reports all stating it was either driven off the groyne or down the access road in front of the clubrooms and across a "small" amount of sand. I did find a picture of the beach at that time with an arrow pointing to where the car was found which was exactly as I posted before. Forward and to the left of the pylon. The water was right into the bay and the sea looked pretty murky & rough. Its not that hard to see why the car wasnt noticed immediately IMO.
What was perfectly clear is that the reporting of the "facts" were completely dependant on the newspaper telling the story. Ie. The daily news consistently reported the car was FLOATING with both front doors unlocked, drivers window down and the drivers door was OPEN. 19 days later, 08Jul88, they reported "they are now convinced the car was driven off the end of the Cottesloe groyne". The West was the ONLY paper to publish the car was UPTURNED. One article mentioned the seat being found on 20th and handed to the ranger. Another article had a police officer stating the back seat floated out of the car after being driven off the groyne. One further article claimed they found a rubber mat they believed came from the boot located close to the groyne. One said they couldnt work out how it didnt have any scratches if it went off the groyne. One stated the roof was completely caved in from being smashed against the groyne. None consistently reported all the info nor the same details. I took photos of all the articles, but I cant attach them - still having the same manage attachment problem. I'll keep trying.

One other interesting article written in the daily news 23Jun88, right next to the first article I came across regarding JC "Police fear foul play", was an article about another lady that had left the sheraton on 28May, just got into her car & was dragged out by her hair and beaten for 3 hours by a man wearing gloves who ended up bounding her like a mummy in tape before driving her to Wilson in a small yellow car and dumping her out, throwing plastic over her, saying "Right *****, your dead " before driving off and leaving her.
The next interesting article was about another women found murdered in her bedroom in Maddington called Vanessa Devlin, 23, whom they were not ruling out could be linked to the death of Victoria Clarke, and that IF it was all the work of "the Southside rapist" his tally was now 18 rapes and 2 murders in 2 years.
Admittedly, I havent looked into any of those cases so have no idea of the outcomes, if any, besides knowing that someone is in jail for VC murder. Apologies if those stories are of no interest or not new to anyone. Also, there would be plenty more to find on JC if I had the time, which I didnt. If I can work out how to attach all the articles in the meantime, I will... Phew, feeling somewhat defeated now & reeling from the amount of seedy things that seemed to be happening around Perth at that time. Not the mention the other 16? missing girls to follow. There are some really vile people in the world & they just make me sick!

Great work! 👍

Thanks for your time and detailed research. One thing I note from this is that if it is true the car didn't have a scratch on it before entering the water then it hasn't been involved in an accident prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member