Identified! CA - Ontario, WhtMale 695UMCA, 17-22, missing lateral incisor, Aug'86 Joseph Pace

Hm, interesting. I take it he's not in any of the missing persons lists?

No, he's not. And it would seem very unlikely that he is this John Doe. There is an interesting resemblance though, including the teeth.

No clothes found with him.. makes solving this tricky. Is tooth decay due to drug use an option?

No clothes found with him.. makes solving this tricky. Is tooth decay due to drug use an option?

Whenever a homicide victim is found in an abandoned house, I tend to assume there's a likelihood drugs are involved. Especially in a case like this where he doesn't seem to have been a homeless person. That might also explain why he doesn't seem to match any missing persons reports -- most places won't take a report for somebody who's wanted for a crime or considered a fugitive or anything like that.

Hm. Looking at lists of outstanding warrants around the area might be a place to start.

Tooth decay can happen from abusing many things. If you're high all of the time, you don't think/care to brush them and they could be damaged. Many stimulants can make you grind your teeth, which can exacerbate problems from not brushing.

But I didn't see mention of dental damage other than the missing tooth and the others growing in accordingly misaligned.

I'm more interested in the lack of clothing. I know there can be violence/murder in the drug world, but I didn't think they stripped you.

That's true. It makes you think there was something about his clothing that could be identifying.

Whenever a homicide victim is found in an abandoned house, I tend to assume there's a likelihood drugs are involved. Especially in a case like this where he doesn't seem to have been a homeless person. That might also explain why he doesn't seem to match any missing persons reports -- most places won't take a report for somebody who's wanted for a crime or considered a fugitive or anything like that.

Hm. Looking at lists of outstanding warrants around the area might be a place to start.

shades of fontana john doe in 1/13.....

was he sexually assaulted? i guess it doesnt say. odd that he was naked.

John Patrick Nellans

JNellans.jpg
695UMCA.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4368dmca.html
NamUs MP Case 8773 https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/8773/317

Update on DoeNetwork says that this fellow's remains were found in 2000 and just recently identified. I was going to post something about that but his thread is "locked" or "closed" or what-have-you.

John Patrick Nellans
John Patrick Nellans (4368DMCA), 19, missing since January 16, 1986, from San Diego, California, was located deceased in a wooded area of Clairemont in 2000 but not identified until 2016. Read more here.

Identify the Missing Day’ may lead to loved ones
San Diego Union Tribune
San Diego, CA
3/14/2016
(via DoeNetwork)

Doe Network is reporting that he's been identified. doenetwork.org/cases/695umca.html

That's great news! I wonder if he'd been reported missing...I feel this case is one where the UID may have been on the missing person's databases all along.

I just checked, there's a permission error when you try to reach the UID's namus page as well.

I wonder if this guy popped out because of the fingerprint records they were feeding in the other day, like Andrea Kuiper.

if his mom and step dad worked and lived a few blocks away, wouldn't they have heard about this? did they report him missing?

I wonder if this guy popped out because of the fingerprint records they were feeding in the other day, like Andrea Kuiper.

I think so, because Dustin from NamUs posted it was from a recent fingerprint identification.

if his mom and step dad worked and lived a few blocks away, wouldn't they have heard about this? did they report him missing?

Interesting that he went unidentified for so long, yet he was found soooo close to his family. I often wonder why it doesn't "click" with some people this might who they are looking for ... glad Joseph has his name back after all these years.

my question is how well did he get along w his step dad....

Interesting that he went unidentified for so long, yet he was found soooo close to his family. I often wonder why it doesn't "click" with some people this might who they are looking for ... glad Joseph has his name back after all these years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back