IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, found deceased, Evansdale, 13 Jul 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
The type of person who would do this would likely be assumed to be an evil low-life type in his day to day life, but maybe outwardly he is the opposite of that? imo.
What if he knew, or thought that the parents would firmly believe that the girls " were in a better place " and he agreed with that and saw himself as the "savior " who was going to get them there?
Does he spend lots of time praying, perhaps more so since the murders, or if that was something he usually did, has he stopped?
Although someone quite young could easily be the perp. imo, from the profile below, it sounds like they might have someone older in mind.

Complete turning the box around speculation, imo.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/10/us/iowa-missing-girls/
Elizabeth's mother, Heather Collins, posted a message on Facebook last weekexpressing gratitude for the prayers and outpouring of support amid the "gut-wrenching news."

"We know that they are up in heaven with our savior," she wrote. "Lord we know that you have them in your loving arms and we are so blessed."

http://wqad.com/2014/08/22/authorities-release-possible-profile-of-suspect-in-case-of-iowa-girls/
The site says that whoever is responsible for the crime “blends in with” or may be “part of the Evansdale, Bremer” area. It is believed that the offender used “quiet coercion” to gain the girls’ trust, according to the report.

WHO reported that authorities say the suspect may have been in a stressful situation in July 2012, perhaps related to legal troubles, marital issues, employment problems, financial strain, or mental health problems.

The suspect may avoid talking about the case, but is likely following reports from the media. Also, this person may have attempted to abduct children or adults in the past. After the girls’ disappearance, the suspect might have changed his or her appearance, like changing hair style or facial hair. The offender may also have altered his or her vehicle with a new paint job or re-upholstery.

Thinking of the cctv of L and L riding bikes and how that tape was scrutinized, looking for some hint of the perp, thinking if only he was photographed, he would be caught for sure!
But in the Delphi case, the poi is actually captured on film, with audio ( presumably ) of his voice no less, tantalizing, but not quite the smoking gun one might expect!

The bodies were found by hunters, did the perp expect hunters to eventually find the bodies?
As opposed to being a hunter himself assumed due to his apparent familiarity with the woods, could leaving the deceased bodies of innocent children, possibly be that the perp was making a bold statement about hunting?

complete speculation, imo.

http://www.radioiowa.com/2017/03/09...-indiana-case-and-death-of-evansdale-cousins/
March 9, 2017

Slightly OT
http://kfor.com/2017/06/14/i-replay...ays-kids-almost-kidnapped-while-riding-bikes/

There has been much discussion regarding the girls bikes...
From the article...

However, they say the man didn’t try to get away with their bikes.
Instead, he waited for them to come to his truck.
“He got out of the truck and I was like, ‘I thought you were going to steal them.’ And he was like, ‘No, no, no, I would never,” one of the children said.
At that point, they say the man asked them to get in his truck.

Slightly OT
http://kfor.com/2017/06/14/i-replay...ays-kids-almost-kidnapped-while-riding-bikes/

There has been much discussion regarding the girls bikes...
From the article...

However, they say the man didn’t try to get away with their bikes.
Instead, he waited for them to come to his truck.
“He got out of the truck and I was like, ‘I thought you were going to steal them.’ And he was like, ‘No, no, no, I would never,” one of the children said.
At that point, they say the man asked them to get in his truck.

Wow, that happened recently !
[h=1]“I replay in my mind what could’ve happened,” Father says kids almost kidnapped while riding bikes[/h] June 14, 2017

I have so much catching up to do but I wanted to say hi and let you all know the girls are still on my mind very often.

Thanks to everyone who sent me messages. I read and appreciated them all!

I am watching this case and the Delphi murders closely. I still think there are several similarities in both cases. Such tragedies, I feel for all the families.

I have so much catching up to do but I wanted to say hi and let you all know the girls are still on my mind very often.

Thanks to everyone who sent me messages. I read and appreciated them all!

It is lovely to see you back posting here again you have been missed. I hope you are doing ok. I have wondered what you think of Elizabeth and Lyric's case and Abigail Williams and Liberty German's tragic murders.

It is lovely to see you back posting here again you have been missed. I hope you are doing ok. I have wondered what you think of Elizabeth and Lyric's case and Abigail Williams and Liberty German's tragic murders.[/QUOTE

Thanks for those kind words. I am so glad to be back!!

At first I felt there could be a connection between the two girls in Indiana and what happened to Lyric and Lizzy. But as I read more about it, my gut reaction is that there is no connection between the two sad cases.

But I look forward to catching up and seeing what everyone else has to say about it.

It is lovely to see you back posting here again you have been missed. I hope you are doing ok. I have wondered what you think of Elizabeth and Lyric's case and Abigail Williams and Liberty German's tragic murders.[/QUOTE
Thanks for those kind words. I am so glad to be back!!

At first I felt there could be a connection between the two girls in Indiana and what happened to Lyric and Lizzy. But as I read more about it, my gut reaction is that there is no connection between the two sad cases.

But I look forward to catching up and seeing what everyone else has to say about it.

You're welcome. Thank you for sharing your opinion on whether the two tragic cases could be linked it is appreciated. I'm on the fence I wish we knew cause of death in each case and if there are any similarities in the crime scenes. It's horrific to contemplate two child murdering monsters being out there never mind one.

Been a while since I've been here!! Saw this and thought of all of you. Heather and Drew are now divorced. I had noticed that it's always Drew being interviewed, without Heather.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...s-but-resolve-evansdale-only-grows/356413001/

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

When cases seem to have gone cold, it's good when the media steps up and prints a recap of the case. Who knows when it will trigger a response needed to solve the crime. A great job was done with this article. Thanks for posting it.

It is sad though that Drew and Heather have divorced.

Been a while since I've been here!! Saw this and thought of all of you. Heather and Drew are now divorced. I had noticed that it's always Drew being interviewed, without Heather.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...s-but-resolve-evansdale-only-grows/356413001/

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

That article was very touching!
It practically reached into Drew's broken heart and that of his family and LE, communicating the depth of the pain felt and the long term repercussions of these senseless murders.

"I would never come out here alone. It’s kind of scary being out here," Collins said. "To me, this place is not a peaceful place. We can only imagine what happened to them here."

Collins said he thinks Elizabeth and Lyric were alive when they were brought here — it seems impossible to him that they could have been carried.
“I think about how bad the bugs were and how scary it must have been for them,” Collins said. “Who could do this to two little girls?"

All seven Evansdale police officers have pictures of the cousins at their desks.

They're not supposed to take the case personally. But it can’t help but hit home, said Evansdale Police Chief Jeff Jensen.

Portraits of Elizabeth and Lyric hang high on the wall of his office, next to pictures of his grandchildren.
“A lot of my gray hair comes from this case, because you think about it,” Jensen said. “You lie down and you think ‘Oh, maybe this.’ I think a lot of our officers play the game ‘Oh, what about this or that?’"

Since the abductions, when officers see kids biking, they take note of what they’re wearing and who’s near them.

It's hard to believe it is nearly five years since horrendous tragedy struck. I hope and pray the find the monster responsible.

Came across this UK case of two little girls found murdered in the woods.
It was interesting that the jury considered the 19 year old suspect innocent because it was thought it would take more than one man to attack the girls, fwiw.

https://theukdatabase.com/2012/04/22/russell-bishop-brighton/
]The child sex attacker who was the prime suspect in the notorious ‘Babes in the Wood’ murders in 1986 could soon walk free from jail.

Tragic Nicola Fellows, 10, and Karen Hadaway, nine, went missing 28 years ago today and their bodies were later found in a park in Brighton, East Sussex.

Russell Bishop, then 19, was found not guilty of the killings a year later but was jailed for life for the attempted murder and rape of another young girl in 1991.
]
Nicola and Karen, who were neighbours on an estate in Brighton, were last seen alive on October 9, 1986, after going out to play.

Relatives and friends, including Bishop, also from Brighton, joined more than 150 police officers in a hunt for the girls.

They were found strangled in the city’s Wild Park the next day, huddled together with Karen’s head resting on her friend’s lap.

During the trial, jurors were told by the defence that the suggestion that one man had killed the girls was “unlikely if not downright absurd”.

<modsnip>
I know this is a possibility and thank you for the information. My opinion is that drug dealers can be nasty, brutal and ruthless individuals but many would not murder children for revenge. Personally I think the girls were killed by a sexual predator I think they were going to meet someone and were possibly groomed by someone pretending to be a friend. It would be great if we knew what the cause of death was and if any clothing was missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

BBM While you may be correct, I have to respectfully disagree. While this sort of thing happens more frequently in Mexico, in the U.S. drug dealers rarely kill family members of people owing them money. They kill the person who actually owes them money, rips them off or is invading their turf. The exception is when family members are with the person owing the money. When drug dealers kill, they leave the body on display attempting to send a message to the person they feel wronged them and to the public in general that they are not to be messed with. Elizabeth and Lyric's bodies were hidden and had the hunters not stumbled upon them 5 months later, they would have probably never been found. I believe this was the work of a sexual predator who took the girls to a different location, did whatever he did to them and disposed of their bodies miles away from the point of their abduction. I feel certain that Lyric's parents, especially her dad has disclosed to LE his drug connections and LE has hopefully investigated them.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/35871457/...d-confessions-in-the-lyric-and-elizabeth-case
July 13 2017
Elizabeth's father, Drew isn't the only one looking for answers. It also bothers Evansdale Police Chief Jeff Jensen.

"I would like to know what happened. I want to know," said Jensen.
Jensen says they get about three to four call a week and those tips will pick up on the anniversaries.
Lead DCI agent with the Lyric and Elizabeth case, Mike Roehrkasse says a couple of months ago they decided to do what he's calling a "hard reset" and start looking from the beginning.

"It's a high probability that the person that did this is somewhere in our case report at the very beginning. So we've really gone back and just revisited those things," said Roehrkasse.

In fact, he says they have actually heard two confessions to the murder. Roehrkasse says they knew those people weren't responsible because they didn't know many details about the case.
"They try to confess to it and we were able to with all the information that we held back about the scene and things that we know and that the abductor knows we were kind of able to put those to rest," said Roehrkasse
rbbm

Includes video of Lizzie's ( very sweet ) little sister.

http://www.kcci.com/article/5-years-later-new-leads-in-devastating-case-bring-family-hope/10294181
Callie was only four years old the day her sister Elizabeth and cousin Lyric disappeared, but she said she still remembers everything -- even asking her sister to go on the fateful bike ride that led to their disappearance.

“I said, ‘But can I go?’ and she said, ‘No because grandma is not going to come with,’” Callie said.

“To me, I think it almost has to be somebody local that either knows the Seven Bridges area well, or kind of, and definitely maybe blended in because nobody stood out that day,” Drew Collins said.

To date, authorities have interviewed more than 1,000 people and looked into more than 300 sex offenders.
Authorities recently investigated an Ankeny sex offender as a new lead.
Jeff Altmayer, 58, is charged with trying to enticement children in Jasper, Monona and Grundy County by offering them 100 dollars to get in his van.
Court records show he was working as a traveling automobile damage field inspector.
“It's very concerning to us when you have an individual like that that has the access that he does through his employment at the time to basically roam the state or roam the Midwest,” said Mitch Mortvedt Head of Field Operations for the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation.

You are exactly right !, this type of killing does happen in 3rd world countries like Mexico, but even the drug cartel will adapt to the culture they are dealing in.
Mexico is a "kill at will" environment where they have no fear of law enforcement. Here in the US not so much.

It's the other side of the coin here, people are to quick to blame it on some perv in a white van because that's the normal M.O. <modsnip>

You are exactly right !, this type of killing does happen in 3rd world countries like Mexico, but even the drug cartel will adapt to the culture they are dealing in.
Mexico is a "kill at will" environment where they have no fear of law enforcement. Here in the US not so much.

It's the other side of the coin here, people are to quick to blame it on some perv in a white van because that's the normal M.O.<modsnip>
Do you know who killed these girls?
Includes video of Lizzie's ( very sweet ) little sister.

5 years later: New leads in devastating case bring family hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members