MN - Philando Castile, 32, fatally shot by police officer, 6 July 2016 #2

Crowd of marchers just spilled onto the freeway. Both sides appear blocked. I cannot believe law enforcement allowed this to happen. Again.

Zero surprise. I don't know why anyone is surprised. The police in this country are not about law enforcement. They are a group of people who operate above the law and do whatever they want, with almost total immunity. They pull people over and search their cars without warrants, in violation of the Fourth Amendment. They beat, torture, and kill men, women, children, and 99% of the time they are not even charged. This is just more empowerment for them to continue doing it, and they will. Nothing ever changes in this country. :mad:

Crowd of marchers just spilled onto the freeway. Both sides appear blocked. I cannot believe law enforcement allowed this to happen. Again.

They shouldn't be blocking the roads, it's counter productive, but honestly at this point, I don't blame them. What other recourse do they have? They can't get justice in our courts and people are saying racist hateful things left and right, such as "Good. Another black (self mod snip) killed."

The ignorance in this country sickens me.

Philando was a human being, with people who loved him and people are acting like his life was less than dirt. The price of his life shouldn't amount to "he didn't move fast enough," he "didn't follow the hysterical police officer's confusing orders exactly."

The only logical reason to take his life would be if he presented a legitimate threat. He shouldn't have been killed over an imaginary threat or killed because the officer thought he was going to do something. That was irresponsible and negligent on Yanez's part.

I see nothing in Philando's actions that presented a legitimate threat to Yanez's life and would have justified shooting him.

1) He did not threaten the officer.
2) He did not draw his gun.
3) He did not try to run away.
4) He did not try to hit the officer.
5) He did not even argue with the officer.

He DID NOT deserve to die over an irrational misunderstanding. No one's life should be treated that cheaply.

By the way, this post is not directed at you and I'm not insinuating that you believe any of those things. I'm just venting because of the sheer amount of hate I've come across in the last 12 hours whenever I look up anything regarding this case.

Eighteen arrested. Protests have majorly diminished, were nearly gone by Sunday - one small gathering in Minneapolis. Things are back to normal.

When I was a child, policemen were your friends. They drove around with open windows, talked to kids and residents. Things changed during the Civil Rights Era protests and haven't been the same since. Giving excess military supplies to police departments IMO has worsened the situation, making local LE feel they are super heroes. Many have become over-anxious, just waiting for a chance to try this equipment. Unfortunately, many times those in the way be damned.

Zero surprise. I don't know why anyone is surprised. The police in this country are not about law enforcement. They are a group of people who operate above the law and do whatever they want, with almost total immunity. They pull people over and search their cars without warrants, in violation of the Fourth Amendment. They beat, torture, and kill men, women, children, and 99% of the time they are not even charged. This is just more empowerment for them to continue doing it, and they will. Nothing ever changes in this country. :mad:
I agree with you that way too many police officers are like this. But I don't think all of them are. The ones like Philando's murderer are definitely unqualified at the very least.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

They had audio and video. What more did they need?

"We thought he was an honest man, and I'm sure for the rest of his life he's going to remember this. He's got to live with it," Schultz said.

This part annoyed me. Wasn't he caught in a couple of lies?

That aside, I don't think Yanez was evil. I think he profiled Castile, when he stopped the car, he was under the erroneous impression that he may be dealing with an armed robber and he flipped out.

That's why he was charged with involuntary manslaughter, not first degree murder. Honestly, I don't care if he was "scared." He needs to back up that fear with evidence that his life was actually in danger.

Apparently like the Zimmerman jury, the jurors refused to hold him responsible because, hey it was a life lesson.

I don't see how someone who showed not a shred of remorse is capable of learning their lesson.

Schultz says there was discussion that if Yanez faced lesser charges, some of the jurors would have stuck with guilty. But Schultz stresses they had to follow the case based on the charges presented.

I'm so sick of hearing this crap from juries. There WERE other charges. He was also charged with two counts of dangerous discharge of a fire arm. Didn't one of the bullets go into the back seat near where the four year old was? The jury didn't want to hold him responsible for that either or did they think they had to convict him of all or nothing?

I agree with you that way too many police officers are like this. But I don't think all of them are. The ones like Philando's murderer are definitely unqualified at the very least.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I agree. There are also a lot of brave, responsible police officers out there.

Schultz says there was discussion that if Yanez faced lesser charges, some of the jurors would have stuck with guilty. But Schultz stresses they had to follow the case based on the charges presented

What the hell lesser charges would they have charge him with? This woman doesn't even understand that involuntary manslaughter is a lesser charge. :facepalm: They could have and should have charge him with murder. If a jury doesn't want to find someone guilty, no amount of evidence will be enough to find them guilty, and no charge will be less enough to find them guilty. This jury wouldn't have found a cop guilty of a parking violation, even if there was photographic evidence that the cop illegally parked, witnesses that the cop parked illegally, and the cop testified and admitted that he parked is car in a no parking zone. These type of people make cops an elite class of people in this country, who are totally above the law. If you want to commit crimes, and get away with it, all you have to do is become a cop.

What the hell lesser charges would they have charge him with? This woman doesn't even understand that involuntary manslaughter is a lesser charge. :facepalm: They could have and should have charge him with murder. If a jury doesn't want to find someone guilty, no amount of evidence will be enough to find them guilty, and no charge will be less enough to find them guilty. This jury wouldn't have found a cop guilty of a parking violation, even if there was photographic evidence that the cop illegally parked, witnesses that the cop parked illegally, and the cop testified and admitted that he parked is car in a no parking zone. These type of people make cops an elite class of people in this country, who are totally above the law. If you want to commit crimes, and get away with it, all you have to do is become a cop.

How many cops get sentenced? I do see some going down for child sex crimes.

How many cops get sentenced? I do see some going down for child sex crimes.

That's about what it takes, child sex crimes, to get a cop convicted. Just killing a child, maybe, maybe not. Sex crimes, probably.

If ever I've seen a poor display of police training here it is. Damn I know I saw the original video of his actual shooting, where is it, not the GF stream, the real one when he actual shot Castile. I want to show my friend who just keeps on defending men in blue. This Yanez was as bad as one gets. I'm not saying he did it as a kill but he sure did it as an incompetent policeman! Please help if you can provide the real original video of the shooting NOT Diamonds stream stuff. Thanks

If ever I've seen a poor display of police training here it is. Damn I know I saw the original video of his actual shooting, where is it, not the GF stream, the real one when he actual shot Castile. I want to show my friend who just keeps on defending men in blue. This Yanez was as bad as one gets. I'm not saying he did it as a kill but he sure did it as an incompetent policeman! Please help if you can provide the real original video of the shooting NOT Diamonds stream stuff. Thanks

Don't know how you've seen it if you're referring to the police recording. That hasn't yet been released to the public. I know of only Diamond's video.

A couple dozen protesters at the capital today. Everybody back at work, I guess.

The only video to date was from Diamond's FB live. Tomorrow (Tuesday, June 20) Yanez's dash cam video is scheduled to be released.

http://kstp.com/news/yanez-dash-cam...xpected-to-be-released-tuesday/4519264/?cat=1

( Sent from KSTP )

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken