UK - Huge fire rips through Grenfell Tower, Latimer Road, White City, London, June 2017

The article said they didnt have masks for the residents - so a mixture of guiding and probably carrying anyone who couldn't walk.

"Contractors and council chiefs could face manslaughter charges over the Grenfell Tower inferno.

Senior prosecutors are already advising detectives investigating who was responsible, it emerged yesterday.

Everyone from local politicians who ignored warnings to contractors who fitted flammable cladding can expect to be questioned.

One MP demanded police seize crucial documents in raids as he said contractors were already deleting details of their work on the 24-storey block from websites.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...say-s-ex-DDP-Grenfell-fire.html#ixzz4kOhGF5A3

I truly hope this happens they have the victims blood on their penny pinching hands.

The Mail has photos of the inside of the building showing the devastation caused by the fire (from flats where no one died, but don't click on the link if you're very sensitive). It also sounds as if they're finding bodies in places they weren't expecting, so there must be victims who aren't on the current missing list:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4615954/Chilling-images-taken-Grenfell-block-released.html

Much more destroyed than I would have thought! Basically only metal is left, all else is burnt beyond recognition. I've never seen anything like it.

... residents whose homes were destroyed were told they would receive a £5,500 Government down payment from tomorrow.

The announcement was made by Downing Street on Sunday evening, as the Prime Minister faced intense scrutiny over her government's reaction to the disaster.

Residents will be given £500 in cash followed by a bank payment for the rest from Monday.

What exactly does a down payment mean here? More money later? The amount sounds ridiculously low to me.

Much more destroyed than I would have thought! Basically only metal is left, all else is burnt beyond recognition. I've never seen anything like it.

What exactly does a down payment mean here? More money later? The amount sounds ridiculously low to me.

I hope the government will payout more to cover injuries, mental health PTSD counselling etc. Hopefully money will be paid out for wrongful death without the need for lengthy lawsuits. I'm concerned the victims won't get money for loss of possessions due to the possibility the building insurers will say they should have had home insurance and they are not liable. I wonder how much coverage the building insurance has. The whole situation must be causing so much heartbreak and uncertainty.

Yes - it looks as if the internal walls within each flat were burnt away to nothing, judging by the bathroom shot. They had the videos on the BBC news.

What exactly does a down payment mean here? More money later?

Yes.

I hope the government will payout more to cover injuries, mental health PTSD counselling etc. Hopefully money will be paid out for wrongful death without the need for lengthy lawsuits. I'm concerned the victims won't get money for loss of possessions due to the possibility the building insurers will say they should have had home insurance and they are not liable. I wonder how much coverage the building insurance has. The whole situation must be causing so much heartbreak and uncertainty.

This will probably all take years to sort out ... and I would be surprised if it went forward without any lawsuits.

Yes - it looks as if the internal walls within each flat were burnt away to nothing, judging by the bathroom shot. They had the videos on the BBC news.

Yes.

What were the internal walls made of that they can just disappear like that?

off topic - Breaking News - a van has driven into pedestrians tonight in London. There are a number of casualties. How much more tragedy can the U.K endure?

It's an immediate payment to allow people to replace essentials like clothing, footwear and children's toys and to meet any other immediate needs.

Sky News - Police 79 people dead or missing and presumed dead. 5 people formally identified so far. They may not be able to identify everyone who died due to the devastation inside the building.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/london-highrise-fire-police-say-79-people-are-dead-or-missing-1.4166928
[h=3]5 people previously reported as missing in wake of fire are accounted for and alive[/h]
attachment.php

Members of the emergency services join people in a minute's silence for the victims of the Grenfell Tower fire near the site of the blaze in North Kensington, London on Monday. (Marko Djurica/Reuters)

Attachments

• britain-fire.jpg
    britain-fire.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 121
n a separate development, Panorama has discovered that firefighters put out the first fire at Grenfell Tower.

They were called to a fridge fire, and within minutes told residents the fire was out in the flat.

The crew was leaving the building when firefighters outside spotted flames rising up the side of the building.

The Fire Brigades Union say firefighters were left facing an unprecedented fire, and officers broke their own safety protocol to rescue people.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40330789

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back