LA LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garden district??? Another wealthy area near New Orleans? Lots of poverty but lots of wealth. Especially in the 70s. Definitely private school or respected public school or freshman/ sophomore in college.

it is ! I can only understand how it feels to be suicidal :(

i disagree. It means he feels like an outsider and feels he can't build interpersonal relationships, that's all. This feature alone is far from enough to diagnose sociopathy. The sociopathy conclusion based on this point alone is way too quick because such symptom is found in too many mental illnesses.
This feature can be found in soooo many mental illnesses, not only sociopathy. Major depressive disorder coupled with adhd, or aspergers, can make you feel this way. Keep in mind that knowledge about adhd, or asd, was not as advanced as nowadays. Still, there are currently so many more questions than answers. But in those days, adhd and asd knowledge, to name just a few, was at its embryonic stage.
The whole text is inconsistent with sociopathy actually. If he was truly sociopath, he wouldn't have had the slightest consideration for his parents' feelings. He took his life because he had excessive consciousness. Excessive consciousness doesn't fit sociopathy at all.

In those days, psychoanalysis was still the dominant schooling of psychiatry and psychology. So, based on his knowledge to psychology in those days, he understood this. Cbt was discovered only in the 80, so not at the time he committed suicide.
For the historical context, this sentence is not that odd actually. If it were written nowadays, it'd had been a whole other ballgame.

It doesn't fit the picture of sociopathic personality. Actually, the 180° opposite.
He feels soooo remorseful towards his parents that he feels the only way out is suicide.
If he was sociopathic, he wouldn't have had the slightest consideration.
Actually, people with impulse phobia can commit suicide because of thoughts of doing something immoral. In their mind, the simple thought of doing something immoral equals doing it. The distress is so intense because in their own system of value, it's absolutely immoral to do it.
Impulse phobia of pedophilia is being so afraid of being a pedo that you prefer killing yourself than thinking about a child because attraction to children is so repulsive.
The difference between impulse phobia and pedophilia is big, but based on a small detail. Impulse phobia brings distress at the simple thought of being a pedophile, while actual pedophilia brings pleasure. Impulse phobia of pedophilia brings such great distress at the simple thought of being a pedo that you can take your own life.
More about on this link : http://www.ocduk.org/types-ocd

ocd ocd ocd.

But for realz. What can I or anyone possibly do to help. If someone gives me some leads or direct links I will start looking. I am just uncertain where to begin.

Unsure if this has been posted, have sometime an open TP archive account adding as many articles to MP/UID's as I can find

Times Picayune Article - 06/17/75
View attachment 113647

That is so very sad how deeply unworthy he felt. He didn't want anyone to be in pain over his death....yet I am !! I wonder if we could possibly figure out who this young man was. I know I am moved to do what I can just to know he was worth so much more than he ever believed.

That is so very sad how deeply unworthy he felt. He didn't want anyone to be in pain over his death....yet I am !! I wonder if we could possibly figure out who this young man was. I know I am moved to do what I can just to know he was worth so much more than he ever believed.
Very very tru...

I feel that this guy was a full blown psychopath and knew there was something very wrong and different about him from a young age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel that this guy was a full blown psychopath and knew there was something very wrong and different about him from a young age.

"False and empty reality", "no ties to family or friends"....etc.

With all due respect those are things i would have put in a suicide note before I had my mental illness under control and im no psychopath. Depression can cause those things too, false empty feeling and pulling away from everyone. Being suicidal and deppressed could easily cause someone to cut ties and distance themselves because they didnt want to hurt them. I know I did.

Hey everyone. Long time follower of this young man. My thoughts on this one have always been that he ran far away from home to do this. Far away from family. Most likely reason why his parents have never come forward. People forget there was no internet or social media back then so, information and news didn't reach everyone as fast or at all, in some cases. All it would take would be for a family member or friend to come forward inquiring about Mr. so and so and we may one day get answers. But unless that happens, I dont know if it will ever be solved. But my gut has always told me his parents did search for him as much as they could but couldnt find him. It is obvious from the note that they loved him. I think of him often.

Bumping.
http://unidentified.wikia.com/wiki/Plaquemines_Parish_John_Doe_(1975)
attachment.php

Sex Male
Race White
Location Belle Chasse, Louisiana
Found February 14, 1975
Unidentified for 41 years
Postmortem interval Unknown
Body condition Unknown
Age approximation 16-17
Height approximation 6'0
Weight approximation 160
Cause of death Hanging

Attachments

• PlaqueminesJohnDoe.jpg
    PlaqueminesJohnDoe.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 338
It appears that John Doe's body was lost so no DNA or dentals? Are there more pictures or the actual note with handwriting?

http://unidentified.wikia.com/wiki/Plaquemines_Parish_John_Doe_(1975)

1) I agree that the stigma associated with being gay was pretty horrific then. Conversion therapy was pretty harsh with little to no effect.

2)His "past year" reference could have been related to a gap year or holiday between taking time off of studies. In Europe College (Not University) or Secondary school starts at 16. Did he take a year to travel, in attempts to "get it out of his system". The focus on philosophy would be a standard. Could this be first year course material?

3) Is there any thought that he could have been enlisted? A slight bump of the age, he could have returned from Vietnam. We all know the alienation these guys felt coming back.

While there is a possibility that he suffered from some type of antisocial personality disorder I think it's far more likely that it was Schizophrenia or Manic Depression. He would be about the right age for either to take root and both can cause hallucinations that could be associated with an imbalance in reality. Also, his self-hatred yet empathy for the police and family shows that there was little narcissism, a commonality in ASPD.

My guess? He was diagnosed or was in the vetting process to be diagnosed, realized that him growing past the disease would be too much or that the side effects were causing him to recess behavior wise, and offed himself. Possibly after telling his parents that he was going to receive treatment elsewhere. He seems to have a disdain or bitterness towards psychiatrists so I do believe he had been in contact with one prior and the financial burden of a progressive mental illness could have been the straw that broke the camels back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks