At least 17 people shot at Arkansas nightclub, 1 July 2017

gregjrichards

Reaction score
Breaking News

"At least 17 people have been shot in an Arkansas nightclub.
Gunfire broke out at the Power Lounge in Little Rock after a dispute broke out between revelers during a concert.
The youngest person shot was 16.

The conditions of the victims is not known. Police say the incident is not terror related.
Witnesses say they heard at least 20 gunshots.

Police fear more people could have been injured as they tried to leave the club.

Video posted on social media showed the moment the venue descended into panic as gunshots rang out.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4656858/17-people-shot-Arkansas-nightclub.html#ixzz4lZzc8Yat

When will these rappers stop glorifying guns? (Talking about the headliners poster and song lyrics) it continues to perpetuate the glamour of living "the life". I'm sick of it. We have enough problems. Listening to the video made me ill. Cannot imagine being trapped in a space with all of that shooting.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Must have been an NRA sponsored fun evening. I wonder if any of these rappers are members?

When will these rappers stop glorifying guns? (Talking about the headliners poster and song lyrics) it continues to perpetuate the glamour of living "the life". I'm sick of it. We have enough problems. Listening to the video made me ill. Cannot imagine being trapped in a space with all of that shooting.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

They are definitely not the sole group glorifying guns and violence, unfortunately. It's a core part of our society.

Maybe all American's need to stop glorifying guns. It's not just rappers. Until there is a major change in culture in the US, nothing is going to change. The problem is a lot deeper than rap music.

Maybe all American's need to stop glorifying guns. It's not just rappers. Until there is a major change in culture in the US, nothing is going to change. The problem is a lot deeper than rap music.

Yes the problem is deeper but when we have teens following these "musicians' we can't deny it's a huge factor. And I'm talking illegal guns. These people aren't at academy legally buying their gun. Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the problem is deeper but when we have teens following these "musicians' we can't deny it's a huge factor. And I'm talking illegal guns. These people aren't at academy legally buying their gun. Moo

Has it been reported that the guns used were illegal?

Well apparently the link is broken. Looking for another.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and think gang related means not likely legally carrying. Call me crazy but typically gangs don't go to weekend school to get their ccl. Ijs. Moo

ETA broken link

ETA 2 apparently all media has removed the gang related portion. Shocker.

So many shot and no fatalities.

Well apparently the link is broken. Looking for another.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and think gang related means not likely legally carrying. Call me crazy but typically gangs don't go to weekend school to get their ccl. Ijs. Moo

ETA broken link

ETA 2 apparently all media has removed the gang related portion. Shocker.

Maybe it was erroneous reporting and not at all true? Maybe it was ASSumptions made much like your assumption that the guns were purchased illegally and that only "rappers" glorify guns for teens.

Some of the suggestions in this thread are bordering on racist, tbqh.

Maybe it was erroneous reporting and not at all true? Maybe it was ASSumptions made much like your assumption that the guns were purchased illegally and that only "rappers" glorify guns for teens.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/07/little_rock_club_shooting_rapp.html

From link:

"No arrests have been made in the shooting at the Power Ultra Lounge in downtown Little Rock, which police have said they believe stemmed from a dispute in the crowd and may be gang-related."

And please don't ASSume I'm a racist. You know nothing about me including the color of my skin!

I said "musicians" because IMO they aren't musicians.

So then your assumption is that "rappers" are ALL one specific race or color or what? Where did the "bordering on racist" get dragged into this mess? I know rappers and not a one is anything but white white. (local rappers and not headed to the top IMO)

From link:

"No arrests have been made in the shooting at the Power Ultra Lounge in downtown Little Rock, which police have said they believe stemmed from a dispute in the crowd and may be gang-related."

And please don't ASSume I'm a racist. You know nothing about me including the color of my skin!

This isn't the first time you've posted.

Eta: they aren't musicians. That's hilarious. Kanye says hi.

So then your assumption is that "rappers" are ALL one specific race or color or what? Where did the "bordering on racist" get dragged into this mess? I know rappers and not a one is anything but white white. (local rappers and not headed to the top IMO)

My assumption was not that rappers all one specific race or color. My observation was that the talk of gang-relation and illegal guns is rarely ever brought into discussions when a shooting happens at, say, a hospital or a gay night club. But sure, twist what I said to make it look like I'M being racist.

Moving on.

From link:

BBM - Do I even want to ask why that is.

BBM - Do I even want to ask why that is.

You don't need to. It's just an insult. When I have asked others the answer has always been a subtly racist dismissal of an entire genre.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back