Belize - Faye Lin Cannon, 13, brutally slain, San Pedro, 3 July 2017 *American parents arrested*

Snoopster, I was thinking the same thing about those 3 girls. It would be an answer to a prayer, if a good American family adopted all 3 of them.

Snoopster, I was thinking the same thing about those 3 girls. It would be an answer to a prayer, if a good American family adopted all 3 of them.

I agree. But what are the chances of that? This story isn't even being picked up by the American media.
Should we give them a nudge? If so, what's the best way to do that?

I agree. But what are the chances of that? This story isn't even being picked up by the American media.
Should we give them a nudge? If so, what's the best way to do that?

Could we contact the major news networks? This is a human interest story for sure.

(I'm fading fast. I'll try to pick this up again tomorrow night after work if no one else does. (But I hope others will step up and join in getting attention to this case!)

The community is outraged and very sad - disturbing...
July 10 2017
[video=youtube;-5EOPhmNM6k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5EOPhmNM6k[/video]

This case has made me tearful. Good San Pedranos reported to Belizean social services and the American Embassy about the girls' mistreatment; they would stand outside the mother's store all day in the sun; people did not just walk by those girls. The husband would be in the store all the time overseeing and being bossy a FB friend who lived in San Pedro for years told me.

I don't think the parents have loads of money; in fact, I believe they were struggling; just the vibe I get. While they were living at Grande Caribe which is pricey apparently they had a sweet deal. Rubimoon had been up for sale. It's telling to me that they don't have a lawyer never mind the stepfather not having $108.

I belong to several Belizean expats groups and it's also telling to me that not one person has stood up in their defense. I am thinking they kept to themselves and didn't mix with either islanders or the expat community. No one seems to be stepping up to help them; when Anke was released today she was on her own; no one met her. (She did not get out of the courtyard before being re-detained)

Why she would have adopted four girls in such a short space of time after being childless boggles me. Right away I thought of course if David Doehme is a pedophile how perfect to find this woman with four young children. I read on a forum somewhere that the adoptive father would visit Belize now and then to see the girls but if so why are they not in his custody? Wonder if he was paying child support.

Kamille; fancy seeing you here! And good too! This case is similar to the Heather Mack case in that it involves American citizens, murder and the American Embassy IMO failing American children in other lands.

https://www.sanpedrosun.com/crime-a...ontinue-investigating-murder-faye-lin-cannon/
It was also revealed that due to the nationality of the victim, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) from the United States is assisting the Belize Police Department to a certain extent in the investigation. However, the investigation is being led by the Belizean authorities, since it happened in Belize
attachment.php

Attachments

• David-Anke-Doehm-Re-Arrested-3-657x361.jpg
    David-Anke-Doehm-Re-Arrested-3-657x361.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 371
This case has made me tearful. Good San Pedranos reported to Belizean social services and the American Embassy about the girls' mistreatment; they would stand outside the mother's store all day in the sun; people did not just walk by those girls. The husband would be in the store all the time overseeing and being bossy a FB friend who lived in San Pedro for years told me.

I don't think the parents have loads of money; in fact, I believe they were struggling; just the vibe I get. While they were living at Grande Caribe which is pricey apparently they had a sweet deal. Rubimoon had been up for sale. It's telling to me that they don't have a lawyer never mind the stepfather not having $108.

I belong to several Belizean expats groups and it's also telling to me that not one person has stood up in their defense. I am thinking they kept to themselves and didn't mix with either islanders or the expat community. No one seems to be stepping up to help them; when Anke was released today she was on her own; no one met her. (She did not get out of the courtyard before being re-detained)

Why she would have adopted four girls in such a short space of time after being childless boggles me. Right away I thought of course if David Doehme is a pedophile how perfect to find this woman with four young children. I read on a forum somewhere that the adoptive father would visit Belize now and then to see the girls but if so why are they not in his custody? Wonder if he was paying child support.

Kamille; fancy seeing you here! And good too! This case is similar to the Heather Mack case in that it involves American citizens, murder and the American Embassy IMO failing American children in other lands.

Hi BorderSam :seeya:

Yep, it appears that this is another tropical paradise where the embassy staff just sit around and do nothing but suntan and collect a paycheck. :notgood:

MOO

There was a statement issued by Department of Human Services today. Not surprising with all of the comments and rumours floating around. They likely felt that they had to defend themselves.

http://www.ambergristoday.com/news/2017/07/10/human-services-statement-faye-lin-cannon-case-siblings-receive-protective-care#.WWPKxa7bwHo.facebook

Here's the statement again from your link, my bolding:

Departmental records show that in 2014, there was a report of improper supervision and inadequate parenting whereby the Cannon children were being exposed to the elements.
A joint investigation was conducted along with the Police Department, where the parents, children and school officials were interviewed. The allegation was substantiated, however, there were no disclosures or indicators of any other forms of physical or sexual abuse at that time. As such, the Department created a plan with the parents for the proper supervision of the children. The plan was monitored for adherence and the case was later closed when it was deemed that the parents had been compliant. Since then, the Department’s records show no other reports being made of neglect or abuse of these children.

And we have this:

Faye Lin and her three sisters lived in San Pedro with the Doehms. The girls attended this school – La Isla Bonita primary school. Only the eldest completed her primary education; two of the others were taken out of school, whilst only the youngest remain in school. Faye Lin was taken out three years ago; in September she would have been going into standard six. She completed standard three with good grades – as can be seen in this grade book she was an A student. And so today, the school mourns her passing. There were little signs that something was wrong – but her past teachers never suspected it was so serious.

http://edition.channel5belize.com/archives/149249

Sounds to me (IMO) that Faye Lin and her sister were taken out of school right after the 2014 investigation in order to prevent future interference from the authorities.

Looked up the sale of the business mentioned in Post #26, I found a cached page from May 31, 2017 where it's offered at reduced price for reasons of family health. If the numbers are correct, it was being offered at a loss, not even recovering the cost of the stock and fixtures. Can't link a cached page but can find on google by typing "cache:http://canada.businessesforsale.com/canadian/price-reduced-unique-women-s-girls-clothing-boutique-san-pedro-for-sale.aspx".

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Where do you see the post #? Before the new formatting I could see but now can't. Good sleuthing BTW! Wonder if the store was also advertised in an American ad. The majority of expats are American and Canadian.

I'm highly skeptical of the forensics ability of the police and the coroner in Belize. While it is certain that Faye Lin was abused was she sexually abused? Underage sexual activity is prevalent in Belize and to a degree accepted (not necessarily approved of). We don't know why the pathologist came to that conclusion--I'd accept before trial the diagnosis in other places but not Belize. Would he have the ability to differentiate between non virgin and rape? We don't know. This is a country that refers to rape as non-consensual sexual intercourse--even for the rape of minors! How can a minor consent in the first place?

I am wondering if the mother wasn't beaten down psychically and wanted to believe everything was fine; she seems very "all is love, peace out, what you believe in will be etc." OTH the children were left outside in the tropical sun day after day and that is on her IMO. That in itself is abuse.

While no charges had been laid initially I am surprised the couple did not have a lawyer; he'd make sure they weren't detained longer than legal and ensure a bail hearing was set ASAP. Either they don't have the money to retain a lawyer or could they be so deluded as to not guess murder or at least manslaughter charges might be pending?

Surely the husband had $108 ($54AM) in the bank or at the store. I've said this before; it's very striking to me that not one person in the expat community has stepped forward for them--so no one was willing to come up with $54AM for him or retrieve for him. I've lived as an expat and my experience is that there will be a tight knit core with help readily extended to any other expat in difficulty. I find it extremely odd. Unless the family just had absolutely nothing to do with any other expats; classic sign of abusive family situations.

I see the post # in the top right corner, next to the info about how long ago it was posted.

That's true, lack of a lawyer is very, very peculiar. Most business people have a lawyer for their business. And surely he still has family in the US he could call on. Maybe he doesn't want to get out of jail at this point: where would he go? Would she be willing to live with him? Is he protesting innocence or just keeping silent?

For a man of his status: white, educated, professional, former executive, the shame of these accusations being broadcast in the media would be immense, perhaps could so completely shatter someone's persona/identity that they are unable to function. I've seen this myself with a narcissistic family member, they just fall to pieces.

"That's true, lack of a lawyer is very, very peculiar. Most business people have a lawyer for their business. And surely he still has family in the US he could call on. Maybe he doesn't want to get out of jail at this point: where would he go? Would she be willing to live with him? Is he protesting innocence or just keeping silent?"

I highly doubt he'd have a lawyer on retainer for the shop in Belize; just not necessary after incorporation and permitting. He's not saying anything except for Guilty to the low level drug possession charge (valium, I think only one pill, without a prescription). That's where the fine was. They aren't charged with anything else yet.

My view on why they don't have a lawyer; either they don't have the money for one or are oblivious to the chance they could be charged with a serious crime such as murder or manslaughter or endangerment leading to death. I know Anke is very "focus on what you love, peace, peace, follow the Buddha way," but surely they can't be so oblivious as to not be at least worried about charges pending?

I honestly do not think they could live safely anywhere in Belize right now. They would have to hide. It is a very small country and only about 300,000 population. There is a history of vigilantism against child molesters and reading forums and talking to Belizean friends there is a definite anti-gringo and, frankly, racist undercurrent right now in the country. Knee jerk reactions against gringos seem to be on the rise; easier to blame the country's poverty on what is seen as exploitation by expats rather than put the blame squarely on an openly corrupt government. My opinion.

"For a man of his status: white, educated, professional, former executive, the shame of these accusations being broadcast in the media would be immense, perhaps could so completely shatter someone's persona/identity that they are unable to function. I've seen this myself with a narcissistic family member, they just fall to pieces."

He seems controlling at the very least. I don't know. I am puzzled by so many aspects of this. Why Anke would adopt four children in such short order; where the adoptive father is; was she so under his control that she dared not say anything? Or just desperately want to not believe the children were being abused? But then we know she kept the girls outside in the hot sun day after day. And yet professes to be such a person of peace yada yada.

Unbelievable! The Doehmes were transported on a boat sitting side by side to go to another jail. Cannot quite make out what Anke is saying in the video posted at 3 EST. Why would two co conspirators be allowed to communicate freely? I was hoping the reason no charges had been laid was so one would turn on the other and take a deal.

https://www.facebook.com/News5Live/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

Perhaps they'll have better access to a lawyer in Belize City, I very much doubt there are criminal lawyers on Ambergris Caye.

I agree to not entirely trust police forensics, but I think autopsy could be competent, doctors are trained outside Belize, and Faye Lin's body was sent to the main hospital where it could be preserved/photographed, and more than one doctor consulted.

Even just considering the cause of death, I think broken ribs and a lacerated heart are simple for any surgeon to detect. How did she get them and why was no doctor called, there must have been one at the luxury hotel they were staying in. It's true that in some cases vigorous CPR can crack ribs, but to be broken? Sickening to think about.

What's to say that Anke hasn't committed these crimes as well. I won't just assume it is the husband and she turned a blind eye. Not yet. She may be depraved as well.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Unbelievable! The Doehmes were transported on a boat sitting side by side to go to another jail. Cannot quite make out what Anke is saying in the video posted at 3 EST. Why would two co conspirators be allowed to communicate freely? I was hoping the reason no charges had been laid was so one would turn on the other and take a deal.

https://www.facebook.com/News5Live/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf
The woman's voice is the person filming them, there's unedited footage with her commentary in the comments section of the video.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa