OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
http/supremecourt.ohio.gov/pdf_viewer/pdf_viewer.aspx?pdf=828413.pdf Of course it didt work! But autopies have been overturned and enquier will publish? Help Betty P or rsd1200. maybe you can post it right? thanx

Would the killers have used a silencer?
Isn't FR house closest to CRSr's? If so, I could see them doing both those houses first in case FR heard gunfire and called 911? With DR being further away there'd be less chance of anyone in that house hearing anything.

Silencers aren't really all that silent.

Read a report that Fentanyl was found in a bust that was enough for 7,000,000 lethal overdoses. Will it ever end...

Excellent point! Case in point:

[video=youtube;qZU5TGljAmw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZU5TGljAmw[/video]

I can't hear a difference until he fires the 2nd bullet with the silencer. It sounds much more muffled but it still echoes loudly!

Hi All!

I just made a donation to help out Tricia and Websleuths and hope you can do the same. This is a great place and I enjoy being here. First time anyone has asked for a donation in all the years I've been coming here and I'm happy to help. If you can throw a few bucks there way it would be great. Understand if you can't.

Thanks!

Betty P

I agree 100%. We've never before been asked to contribute to this wonderful site. I just made a donation, too, and I hope enough is donated to help keep this site going.

Hi All!

I just made a donation to help out Tricia and Websleuths and hope you can do the same. This is a great place and I enjoy being here. First time anyone has asked for a donation in all the years I've been coming here and I'm happy to help. If you can throw a few bucks there way it would be great. Understand if you can't.

Thanks!

Betty P

I've only been here a little over a year but chose to join WS because of their high standards. I too really appreciate WS, Tricia, and everyone else who keeps the site up, and running smoothly, so we can come here to wrack our brains together.

I enjoy coming here and discussing this case, and others, with everyone. I tossed a few dollars into the hat tonight too. Believe me, I've worked for a non-profit, please do not think that your donation won't count unless it is a certain amount. Every single dollar will help.

Try this link amauet1: If I read this right, The Enquirer will gain access to the coroner's files on the Rhoden/Gilley case.

http://supremecourt.ohio.gov/pdf_viewer/pdf_viewer.aspx?pdf=828413.pdf

Where did you find this? I just checked the docket and didn't find anything. Maybe I'm missing something?

It appears to be a response from the Cincinnati Enquirer stating again their arguments for why they should be allowed to view the final autopsy reports.

The public docket shows the case is still open, but doesn't show this filing.

https://www.sc.ohio.gov/Clerk/ecms/#/caseinfo/2016/1115

I've been thinking on the type of killer(s) theories.

Someone known to the Rs, inner-family, would be able to lay this out over a period of time and have the luxury of knowing changes in plans, and be able to fairly easily change their plan/date if needed. If you go out searching for a hit man, then you might just find yourself talking to an undercover cop, who has been tipped off that you are searching for a hit man. If you are successful in finding a hit man, you also have to worry about that hit man taking your money, doing the job, but coming back for you, just to tie up loose ends.

Then, you have this scenario, where the guy is suspected of actually hiring himself out as a hit man, but, he is not what I'd call a professional. I keep going back to this story because this fella has been named, by an informant (witness/gf) as being hired to do this, and has since been named as a suspect. The witness is said to have been there, when he murdered this young woman, B.S., her unborn child, and nearly succeeded in killing her toddler, in 2013 (See article link below, and there is also a WS Thread for B.S.). The suspect is believed to be responsible for other murders, (robbery & revenge), and search warrants have been executed on property in Falmouth, Ky. re; the B.S. case. The suspect had been in prison, in Ky, on drug charges, until he was released in Dec. of 2015. He is residing in Ky from what I've gathered.

A hit-man, kinda like this guy? Yes, I think maybe so, but at the end of the day there still has to be a reason. If the informant is being truthful, B.S. was murdered,nearly five months pregnant, and the guy nearly killed her toddler too, because a person(s) other then B.S. or her spouse owed money to someone. One thing B.S.'s mother said, caught my attention, because I feel like the R/G murders were done, at least in part, as an act of cleaning out a branch of that family tree.

The Ds said they believe she wasn’t killed in a random act; whoever shot her knew what they were doing. “To take out a family, to take out a pregnant woman and her child… to me, that was like cleaning a slate,” MD said.
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...ykes-widower-i-know-who-killed-my-wife?page=2

B.S. suspect released
http://www.fox19.com/story/30904312/stykes-case-person-of-interest-released

I think actual professional hit men, like we see on television, would have had a firearm(s) that would have done the job, and would have been capable of doing the job with a single shot, two at most. It is possible that someone tried to make this look professional, but they weren't successful. Even a pro, could not have had this planned, down to the last detail, without some assistance from within the family, or from close friends (unknowingly or knowingly). I don't see a pro miscalculating CR1 that much because it seemed things almost went south for them there. If this was done by persons known to them, or someone hired some guy like T.L., we're still left with why. I'd have to hate someone an awful lot to bring this down on them, and their surviving family. I can't imagine hating someone that much.

Sorry for the book. Just thinking on this. Again.

Where did you find this? I just checked the docket and didn't find anything. Maybe I'm missing something?

It appears to be a response from the Cincinnati Enquirer stating again their arguments for why they should be allowed to view the final autopsy reports.

The public docket shows the case is still open, but doesn't show this filing.

https://www.sc.ohio.gov/Clerk/ecms/#/caseinfo/2016/1115

It's actually amauet1's link. He/She had asked for someone to fix it b/c it wasn't linking.

You can go here though and put in 2017-0431 and it will pull up.
https://supremecourt.ohio.gov/Clerk/ecms/#/search

I've been thinking on the type of killer(s) theories.

Someone known to the Rs, inner-family, would be able to lay this out over a period of time and have the luxury of knowing changes in plans, and be able to fairly easily change their plan/date if needed. If you go out searching for a hit man, then you might just find yourself talking to an undercover cop, who has been tipped off that you are searching for a hit man. If you are successful in finding a hit man, you also have to worry about that hit man taking your money, doing the job, but coming back for you, just to tie up loose ends.

Then, you have this scenario, where the guy is suspected of actually hiring himself out as a hit man, but, he is not what I'd call a professional. I keep going back to this story because this fella has been named, by an informant (witness/gf) as being hired to do this, and has since been named as a suspect. The witness is said to have been there, when he murdered this young woman, B.S., her unborn child, and nearly succeeded in killing her toddler, in 2013 (See article link below, and there is also a WS Thread for B.S.). The suspect is believed to be responsible for other murders, (robbery & revenge), and search warrants have been executed on property in Falmouth, Ky. re; the B.S. case. The suspect had been in prison, in Ky, on drug charges, until he was released in Dec. of 2015. He is residing in Ky from what I've gathered.

A hit-man, kinda like this guy? Yes, I think maybe so, but at the end of the day there still has to be a reason. If the informant is being truthful, B.S. was murdered,nearly five months pregnant, and the guy nearly killed her toddler too, because a person(s) other then B.S. or her spouse owed money to someone. One thing B.S.'s mother said, caught my attention, because I feel like the R/G murders were done, at least in part, as an act of cleaning out a branch of that family tree.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...ykes-widower-i-know-who-killed-my-wife?page=2

B.S. suspect released
http://www.fox19.com/story/30904312/stykes-case-person-of-interest-released

I think actual professional hit men, like we see on television, would have had a firearm(s) that would have done the job, and would have been capable of doing the job with a single shot, two at most. It is possible that someone tried to make this look professional, but they weren't successful. Even a pro, could not have had this planned, down to the last detail, without some assistance from within the family, or from close friends (unknowingly or knowingly). I don't see a pro miscalculating CR1 that much because it seemed things almost went south for them there. If this was done by persons known to them, or someone hired some guy like T.L., we're still left with why. I'd have to hate someone an awful lot to bring this down on them, and their surviving family. I can't imagine hating someone that much.

Sorry for the book. Just thinking on this. Again.

I understand your thoughts on it not likely being a professional hit because of the familiarity to the families. But, if it is a large crime organization, they may have local informants feeding them info and have their own enforcers so no one would need to be hired. These informants made be paid to hang out with possible problem people, or in potential problem areas, and let their bosses know what is going on in the area. A lot of money can be at stake to a large organization selling drugs. As far as the number of shots used to kill, they may have used a smaller caliber gun so it made less noise. The possibilities of every aspect of this case is endless...

Read a report that Fentanyl was found in a bust that was enough for 7,000,000 lethal overdoses. Will it ever end...
Don't let your dogs out at rest areas along highways. There are used syringes thrown everywhere. My tiny dog almost stepped on a used syringe (with needle) today in the grassy pet area. :maddening:

I understand your thoughts on it not likely being a professional hit because of the familiarity to the families. But, if it is a large crime organization, they may have local informants feeding them info and have their own enforcers so no one would need to be hired. These informants made be paid to hang out with possible problem people, or in potential problem areas, and let their bosses know what is going on in the area. A lot of money can be at stake to a large organization selling drugs. As far as the number of shots used to kill, they may have used a smaller caliber gun so it made less noise. The possibilities of every aspect of this case is endless...

In doing other research, I noticed that the Rs were pulled over fairly regularly by LE. KR was pulled over five times, from 2008-2013, for the sole reason of not wearing a seat belt. I'm pretty darn stubborn but that's taking it to a new level. I know when this first broke, iirc quite a few folks didn't understand how Reader could say that he did not know the Rs in a criminal capacity, what with all of the court records. A good majority of the court records are moving violations, enforced by State Troopers. If I were a part of a major drug organization I'd be doing anything and everything by the book. I'd be driving my vehicles with my seat belt on, I'd not be speeding, my tags would be up to date, in other words, I'd be doing nothing to draw negative attention to myself. Then again, there's always some folks who think they can flout the law, and are so good at what they do, that they'll never get caught. They are usually wrong.

I just don't see the Rs at that level of drug activity though. I may end up very surprised. If it were an actual pro, through a huge drug organization, they'd still need a reliable connection to the Rs activities. I do keep wondering if the R's had been popped, and were narcing. People will sell their soul to get out of just the fear of doing time. As many times as this family had been pulled over by state boys over the years you'd think they'd have messed up at some point if they were that big into drugs.

The small caliber firearm is a good point but if I were to fire any of my firearms, inside my home, even with the windows up, my nearest neighbors (who are about as close to me as FR was to where CR1 & GR were found) would never hear a thing. If on the off chance that they did, they'd likely not realize what they heard. If I were placing myself in a life or death situation, and had a choice, I'm taking stopping power. Any bullet can kill but the smaller calibers require you to be extremely accurate, and at a closer range. In a dark, tight, intense, situation, I'm going with stopping power. One of the assailants may have had a smaller caliber when you think about the number of shots CR1 took. They didn't fire at center mass, which makes me think that one of them may have been a less experienced shooter or was not as confident. To me it seemed they shot him over and over as he was coming at them, then continued with their plan of leaving everyone with head shots. Of course, we don't know what firearms, bullets, or other weapons were used, so they may have used 45s and just decided to vent some anger. Like you said, this case is rife with possibilities.

Betty P, no big secret I just visit other sites and sometimes find things. The killers had to know the Rhoden's/Gilleys pretty well. I mean look at all the fights/grudges/arguments they were into with so many people. I just don't think some outsider would know all the troubles that had with other people. Maybe some, but not all. You don't go around telling your business to others, especially with the business they were in. The 'good" part of the plan (if there is one with murder) was the timing they (the killers) choose. All the conflicts going on in and around the Rhoden's and waiting until HR's baby was born. Look at all the theories we've come up with.
All the "passion" in the murders themselves. Pro's wouldn't have "cleaned up" and tried to throw of the LE by trying to disguise the crime scenes (my belief) It would have been quick in and quick out and gone. I think this was personal, and to me, a lot of emotions went into it. Who would have enough "hate" to kill all, and enough mercy to leave the babies alive? That spells family involvement to me. JMO.

In doing other research, I noticed that the Rs were pulled over fairly regularly by LE. KR was pulled over five times, from 2008-2013, for the sole reason of not wearing a seat belt. I'm pretty darn stubborn but that's taking it to a new level. I know when this first broke, iirc quite a few folks didn't understand how Reader could say that he did not know the Rs in a criminal capacity, what with all of the court records. A good majority of the court records are moving violations, enforced by State Troopers. If I were a part of a major drug organization I'd be doing anything and everything by the book. I'd be driving my vehicles with my seat belt on, I'd not be speeding, my tags would be up to date, in other words, I'd be doing nothing to draw negative attention to myself. Then again, there's always some folks who think they can flout the law, and are so good at what they do, that they'll never get caught. They are usually wrong.

I just don't see the Rs at that level of drug activity though. I may end up very surprised. If it were an actual pro, through a huge drug organization, they'd still need a reliable connection to the Rs activities. I do keep wondering if the R's had been popped, and were narcing. People will sell their soul to get out of just the fear of doing time. As many times as this family had been pulled over by state boys over the years you'd think they'd have messed up at some point if they were that big into drugs.

The small caliber firearm is a good point but if I were to fire any of my firearms, inside my home, even with the windows up, my nearest neighbors (who are about as close to me as FR was to where CR1 & GR were found) would never hear a thing. If on the off chance that they did, they'd likely not realize what they heard. If I were placing myself in a life or death situation, and had a choice, I'm taking stopping power. Any bullet can kill but the smaller calibers require you to be extremely accurate, and at a closer range. In a dark, tight, intense, situation, I'm going with stopping power. One of the assailants may have had a smaller caliber when you think about the number of shots CR1 took. They didn't fire at center mass, which makes me think that one of them may have been a less experienced shooter or was not as confident. To me it seemed they shot him over and over as he was coming at them, then continued with their plan of leaving everyone with head shots. Of course, we don't know what firearms, bullets, or other weapons were used, so they may have used 45s and just decided to vent some anger. Like you said, this case is rife with possibilities.

Oddly enough traffic violations are how most drugs are found in transit. I could never understand that. I do believe the Rs may have stumbled on, or refused to join, a major illegal operation that made them a threat to someone. Not wanting to guess wrong on how many family members knew, they took them all out. Just wondering out loud since that is all that can be done at this point...

Oddly enough traffic violations are how most drugs are found in transit. I could never understand that. I do believe the Rs may have stumbled on, or refused to join, a major illegal operation that made them a threat to someone. Not wanting to guess wrong on how many family members knew, they took them all out. Just wondering out loud since that is all that can be done at this point...

BBM
Because they've usually been pulled over on a moving violation and the LEO becomes suspicious, or they are on paper, so the LEO can pull them over any time they please, and do a search if they please. The Rhodens, who clearly did not seem to worry about getting pulled over, and were being pulled over by state boys, never were caught trafficking any drugs, or even for possession of them, with the exception of GR. GR is the only one with a history of being caught with drugs, and he was caught, one time, yep, in his car, shooting up xanax in a parking lot, in Ky., back in 2011.

Betty P, no big secret I just visit other sites and sometimes find things. The killers had to know the Rhoden's/Gilleys pretty well. I mean look at all the fights/grudges/arguments they were into with so many people. I just don't think some outsider would know all the troubles that had with other people. Maybe some, but not all. You don't go around telling your business to others, especially with the business they were in. The 'good" part of the plan (if there is one with murder) was the timing they (the killers) choose. All the conflicts going on in and around the Rhoden's and waiting until HR's baby was born. Look at all the theories we've come up with.
All the "passion" in the murders themselves. Pro's wouldn't have "cleaned up" and tried to throw of the LE by trying to disguise the crime scenes (my belief) It would have been quick in and quick out and gone. I think this was personal, and to me, a lot of emotions went into it. Who would have enough "hate" to kill all, and enough mercy to leave the babies alive? That spells family involvement to me. JMO.

The other theory we've discussed is that the local individuals who were involved in illegal drug activities and angry over custody issues called on some pros from outside the area to take them out. It's possible the locals who were angry and felt threatened by the Rhodens were connected to some larger organized crime group.

I think some overestimate the number of local people who were angry with the Rhoden family. There were a few, but not a huge mob. Every time I hear that theory, I visualize an angry mob of locals with pitchforks,guns and torches swarming down Union Hill and laying waste the entire family. It's an unrealistic scenario to think an inexperienced mob who were angry about inheriting a few acres of undeveloped land or lost a derby race or got in a fistfight over something someone said on Facebook could commit such a heinous crime and leave no evidence, keep quiet, etc.

It's actually amauet1's link. He/She had asked for someone to fix it b/c it wasn't linking.

You can go here though and put in 2017-0431 and it will pull up.
https://supremecourt.ohio.gov/Clerk/ecms/#/search

Thanks! Maybe there's a glitch in the Ohio SC web site that's not linking it to the docket page. Looks like it was recently filed, so may not be properly entered there yet.

Perhaps the Cincinnati Enquirer is pushing the court to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22