Hurricane Irma - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=twitter;906534996411904000]https://twitter.com/RyanMaue/status/906534996411904000[/video]

[FONT=&quot]All ECMWF ensembles show significant intensification once [/FONT]#Irma[FONT=&quot] leaves Cuba. Even though storm is slightly weaker, won't be for long.[/FONT]

That seems kind of cruel. :(

You're right, it really does. I don't know anything though about transporting chickens ahead of a hurricane. Was this done to save these poor things, or was it some sort of prank, as Melmoth suggested, for possible amusement.

If so, I sure fell for it. Gullible me...

Was that the guy with the little wiener???????????................
:blushing:
a red one..................
riding in his bicycle basket!!!!!
The wiener has no choice in this at all !!!!!!
My concern is for The Ween!!!!!!

:please: PLEASE be safe EVERYONE!!!! :please:

:grouphug:

His ears were back and flat. He knew what was up...poor thing.

[video=twitter;906536633440317440]https://twitter.com/ColeANjax/status/906536633440317440[/video]

[FONT=&quot]11am update Irma is a CAT 3 now. The track continues to shift to the west.[/FONT]

I remember when my family went down to the Keys for summer vacation one time in the 1970's. Stayed on Sugarloaf Key, where they had their own trained dolphin named Sugarloaf put on a swimming show. I remember the Overseas Highway drive which was pretty cool but I was a kid who liked that sort of thing and even had positive dreams about it in succeeding years. Went to Key West, there is a lot of money down there (Sarasota has a lot of money too, mainly on Siesta Key, as well as Casey Key in Nokomis where horror-story writer Stephen King has a house). Those are my memories of the Fl Keys...

We spend every Christmas/New Years in the Florida Keys. We visit family in Naples for Xmas, then head down to the Keys through New Years.

Over the years, we've stayed at John Pennekamp SP, Bahia Honda SP, and KOA at Sugarload Key (with it's built-in pool, a treat at a campground). Over the years, we also stayed in Key West and the Upper Keys. We even have a trip scheduled in 4 months for our D's 21st BD (in a hotel on South Beach) and planning a day bus trip to Key West for some fun on Duval Street.

Now I'm worried about the Key Deer on Big Pine Key, too! We have so many memories. We've been going there every year for at least 20 years now.

I'm so sad that all of this may not be there again.

I hope this all is st

That guy doesn't deserve to have a wiener! :facepalm:

You're right, it really does. I don't know anything though about transporting chickens ahead of a hurricane. Is this even done, or was it some sort of prank?

I did a bit of reading about it (not on MSM) and it seems to be legit. An honest attempt by a few residents to save as many as possible. moo

ETA: Folding the wings keeps them calm...or so I read.

Thank you! I love this! I hope they stop at the Hemingway House and grab the 55 cats!!

"Cowboys Herding Cats on Vimeo" comes to mind.
In all seriousness I am praying for the safety of ALL in the path of Irma.

[video=twitter;906537695320711168]https://twitter.com/joeysulipeck/status/906537695320711168[/video]

[FONT=&quot]New adjustments to Irma path means we need to begin focusing on these zones as well as it moves northward ... developing ...[/FONT]

That guy doesn't deserve to have a wiener! :facepalm:

:yeahthat:

FOR realz!

He would be lost without his wiener!!!! (I know I am.... :crying:)

Regardless, they say PLAN for the worst, & HOPE for the best!!!

:please:

more crazies on Hollywood Beach:

[video=youtube;oZmFPiJNUxw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZmFPiJNUxw[/video]

Local forecaster (Jacksonville) was just asked by someone who evacuated to Tallahassee if they should we come back home.

His answer: Yes. Head back now.

Guy fishing in Miami. Caught a tarpon then released it. Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PerCNN

You're right, it really does. I don't know anything though about transporting chickens ahead of a hurricane. Was this done to save these poor things, or was it some sort of prank?

I don't think it is a prank. There are feral chickens all over Key West ~ and they've got a mean streak.

IMO, someone is trying to save them, at the risk of some nasty pecks.

It is better than drowning or being pummeled to death by debris.

I did a bit of reading about it (not on MSM) and it seems to be legit. An honest attempt by a few residents to save as many as possible. moo

ETA: Folding the wings keeps them calm...or so I read.

Thanks Jax49, that makes me feel much better! Appreciate your input on this...

Naples 10-15 storm surge
Ft Myers 6-10 ft
Tampa 5-8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads