Found Deceased WA - Cameron Smith, 46, Cheney, 10 Sep 2017

wantjustice

Always hoping
Reaction score
As of Sunday evening, the Lucid employee is still missing and police are investigating.

Police say the ongoing investigation determined there were three people involved in the incident including two women and one man.

The victim was identified as 46-year-old Cameron Smith. He was last seen wearing a Lucid baseball cap and matching shirt... Police believe the suspect is driving the victim's vehicle which is described as a 2008 Acura MDX SUV with Washington license plate BCV4296.

http://www.khq.com/story/36332406/p...shot-at-carjacked-employee-at-cheney-pot-shop

Photo below of missing victim.

Attachments

• 14878648_G.jpg
    14878648_G.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 52
Police said a man walked into the Lucid Cannabis Company and tried to buy products. He was denied because he did not have an ID...Later, a female walked in and tried to buy products. She was also denied because she did not have an ID.

That is when the male went to an employee sitting in their car and pulled out a gun. A shot was fired into the car...
The man then took off with the employee in the car. Police are searching for him and the car along with the employee.
http://www.krem.com/news/man-pulls-gun-kidnaps-employee-at-pot-shop/473115393

Hi I'm new so I'm not sure if this is the appropriate way to ask questions but how's the fastest way to get updates? This guy has been wounded and I'm hoping he's found quickly.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Hi I'm new so I'm not sure if this is the appropriate way to ask questions but how's the fastest way to get updates? This guy has been wounded and I'm hoping he's found quickly.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Updates from this site or from the news? I haven't found any new updates on Cameron via the news. If it is for a particular case here you can chose to follow this and any other case by Thread Tools at the top and choosing to subscribe. There may be more ways to do so and maybe someone else can chime in. Welcome to the site. Hoping Cameron is found safe and sound very soon!

There doesn't seem to be a sense of urgency and this concerns me. The local news did bring CS up this morning. From what the MSM has told us, he was sitting in his car eating lunch when his window was shot out which makes me very worried about possible injuries. There seems to be more information between locals than the actual news. This is what the vehicle looks but picture it with a shattered/missing driver's window. I am sure this vehicle has been ditched by now: max-20110501075153866.jpg

If you want to go and read a few interesting posts: https://www.facebook.com/SpokaneNews/posts/10154674131770706

Cheney Police Department Captain Rick Beghtol is now investigating and believes the attack was random.

"I do not think they had any connection prior to this,” Beghtol explained. “I do not think they had any interaction to speak of prior to this and I think it was a random act."

Surveillance video from the marijuana shop caught the suspects on camera. Cheney Police believe they now know the name of the man involved, but have not made any arrests.

Police said two women, likely in their teens, were also involved, but only one was caught on surveillance. The suspects are believed to be from Yakima, so law enforcement from Spokane to Yakima have been notified to be on the lookout.

http://www.krem.com/news/local/spok...duction-of-cheney-pot-shop-employee/473831076

Thank you for starting this thread. I came on to see if WS had anything up yet and would've started one had there not been. I run a fledgling medical (and responsibly used legal recreational) cannabis magazine online along with its multiple social media pages so I saw this story yesterday while catching up with the Washington dispensaries I've dealt with. I am shocked it isn't in the national media more as I've been trying to find more info about it and only found it in their local news outlets. Shared it on our Magazine's Facebook page and will be watching for more on the Instagram feeds for the dispensaries. The IG Cannabis Community actually has been pretty awesome at finding runaways and other missing people connected to the community of late, but I know from what I've seen in other cases here you can't share anything directly from social media until it is on MSM so I will definitely be careful what I share in between. If I see any especially if anyone knows anyone connected to Lucid (I know I was researching them but we never were able to visit when we were in Washington last time) and will encourage them to join over here if they can offer more. (I was a lurker around here for a while, finally joined, but never really posted yet so just want to make sure I do this right!)

I know too many awesome budtenders and other dispensary workers to not get invested in something like this. Heck, we live right on the Mexico border so I'm constantly scared for the people I know that do medicinal cannabis delivery here in Arizona. I'd want everyone else working together to bring them home if heaven forbid something happened, so I want to do everything I can to help make sure Cameron Smith gets home to his family and friends, too! <3

Edited to Add: I keep checking my republish feeds (where I have access to articles and press releases I'm allowed to republish on my own pages with credit) and I have not seen anything come up about what happened to Cameron Smith. I've tried a few different combos and still nothing. I believe my site has the ability to put my own articles in their system, so I'm hoping I can do a write-up at some point today so I can get it indexed for others to pick up as well. I'll update the thread if I figure it out and it works. <3

Thank you for starting this thread. I came on to see if WS had anything up yet and would've started one had there not been. I run a fledgling medical (and responsibly used legal recreational) cannabis magazine online along with its multiple social media pages so I saw this story yesterday while catching up with the Washington dispensaries I've dealt with. I am shocked it isn't in the national media more as I've been trying to find more info about it and only found it in their local news outlets. Shared it on our Magazine's Facebook page and will be watching for more on the Instagram feeds for the dispensaries. The IG Cannabis Community actually has been pretty awesome at finding runaways and other missing people connected to the community of late, but I know from what I've seen in other cases here you can't share anything directly from social media until it is on MSM so I will definitely be careful what I share in between. If I see any especially if anyone knows anyone connected to Lucid (I know I was researching them but we never were able to visit when we were in Washington last time) and will encourage them to join over here if they can offer more. (I was a lurker around here for a while, finally joined, but never really posted yet so just want to make sure I do this right!)
SBM. Welcome to the site! I too am shocked this hasn't gotten more attention. I was hoping this would qualify for some sort of alert since CS could have been injured or worse. The local news has done a great job of keeping his name out there. I think it may have been downplayed because at first it was ran as just a carjacking. The sense of urgency that first day didn't seem to be there. Maybe it's because Cheney was a bit in shock being a smaller area, I don't know. I think extra aid was brought in and maybe they kept most of the information to themselves. Locally, people are very concerned and were keeping tabs on this case as soon as it happened.

On a sad note, I have an update:
BREAKING: the SUV of the kidnapped Cheney man has been located. KHQ Hayley Guenthner is live with investigators.
It was found in Airway Heights at a construction site and had been abandoned for some time, since maybe 6 a.m. on Monday :facepalm:. Not called in until today.
https://www.facebook.com/KHQLocalNews/videos/1693784730653043/

Aww. I wonder if they found evidence that he was wounded in the SUV.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Aww. I wonder if they found evidence that he was wounded in the SUV.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Me too! I know they can see more than what they are saying. Forensics is there now. So frustrating. I hope CS is safe but I am extremely worried and have been since Sunday.

https://www.facebook.com/CarolineFlynnKXLY/posts/1119403634871201 Caroline Flynn KXLY
I just left speaking with Cheney Police. They say Cheney residents should not be worried about their safety as there have been multiple sightings of Donovan Culps in the Yakima area.
Sounds like he immediately went home. Where is Cam? Would they take him to Yakima?

I'm not liking the sound of this... :tears:

I can't help but notice that where the wallet was found is:
A. Close to the corrections center (suspect is said to have had a long criminal record)
B. Close to the airport - (what do you do after committing a crime? you flee) - suspect may have gotten his niece out of dodge at least.

Map for reference (wallet found location to dispensary)

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Luc...e169cb4b1329b:0xff25058b9ae29fa5!3e0?hl=en-us

Wondering how they knew some guy sitting in a SUV was an employee of the place? Unless, they had been casing the place for some time or had been there previously. I don't see why they would just shoot him and drive off with him, when they had their own vehicle. If they wanted info from him then shooting him would not really help them. If they wanted to hold him for ransom, again, shooting him would defeat the purpose. I hope they find Cameron alive and well, soon! Hoping it's not as bad as it looks!

Wondering how they knew some guy sitting in a SUV was an employee of the place? Unless, they had been casing the place for some time or had been there previously. I don't see why they would just shoot him and drive off with him, when they had their own vehicle. If they wanted info from him then shooting him would not really help them. If they wanted to hold him for ransom, again, shooting him would defeat the purpose. I hope they find Cameron alive and well, soon! Hoping it's not as bad as it looks!

In reading the few articles about it linked upthread I got the idea that the suspects were casing the dispensary for a robbery - that's what the victims brother reportedly sensed.

When they couldn't past securities without proper IDs, that's when things got ugly in the parking lot. It also said security footage shows Cameron getting out of his vehicle and communicating with the suspect(s) briefly before getting back in his vehicle. After that shots were fired and the abduction took place.

If this reporting is accurate it seems the victim asked questions, the suspects got spooked, and fled with both the Acura and the suspects' Ford pickup truck.

IMO this was a result of a robbery gone wrong. Praying he's returned safely as soon as possible.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77