Found Deceased MD - Laura Wallen, 31, pregnant, Olney, 3 Sept 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silver Spring is a big city. What you pointed in your map is downtown Silver Spring. I own a condo very close to 29 and 200 and it is still considered SS.

I know that but we don't have a specific location so that's all I can add now. If you know of a more precise location, I'll add it.

I think it's entirely possible that if LE thinks this is a crime, and that she's been harmed, and they have a suspect they're trying to draw out, they might not state they think it's a crime or that she's been harmed. For fear of spooking the suspect. This could possibly account for why the family seems nervous, checking their words, etc at the pressie, because they have this insider knowledge, were told to be careful what they say, etc.

It also could possibly account for why the text wasn't released, it may contain something specific they fear would let a suspect know they're on to them.

Possible.

I couldn't agree more with this.

I know that but we don't have a specific location so that's all I can add now. If you know of a more precise location, I'll add it.
We do not know because the police has not let us know yet.

It is confusing because my condo is in a very suburban area vs ie downtown where there are tons of cameras. I wish they would be more specific with that.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

We do not know because the police has not let us know yet.

It is confusing because my condo is in a very suburban area vs ie downtown where there are tons of cameras. I wish they would be more specific with that.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Me too. They are keeping their guard up with a lot so far!

Silver Spring is a big city. What you pointed in your map is downtown Silver Spring. I own a condo very close to 29 and 200 and it is still considered SS.

You make a good point - and the ICC (200) connects all of the places in the case (olney, SS, Columbia)

This is just a totally random question but do landscaping companies work mon-fri, 9-5 type hours? And would they generally have holidays off?

This is just a totally random question but do landscaping companies work mon-fri, 9-5 type hours? And would they generally have holidays off?

I think someone above stated he doesn't work for landscaping anymore, now he breeds cattle.

Forgive me if this has been covered:

1. Does she have a Facebook find me page?

2. We really need a VI here!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I'm still on the fence on this one. One thing that gives me pause is that it's not just the family withholding the information about the text, the police have also not released it. If the text said she was going to harm herself, would the police go along with family wishes to keep that quiet? A lot of times the police releases that an individual may be a danger to themselves even if family would rather not have that being known. Perhaps the text was vague enough that even the police are unsure what it meant and they don't want public opinion muddying the waters at this point in the investigation. IDK. :thinking:

Forgive me if this has been covered:

1. Does she have a Facebook find me page?

2. We really need a VI here!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I am not aware of a find me Facebook page but I did see a group on Facebook called What Happened to Laura Wallen. I believe you would have to request to join it.

I'm still on the fence on this one. One thing that gives me pause is that it's not just the family withholding the information about the text, the police have also not released it. If the text said she was going to harm herself, would the police go along with family wishes to keep that quiet? A lot of times the police releases that an individual may be a danger to themselves even if family would rather not have that being known. Perhaps the text was vague enough that even the police are unsure what it meant and they don't want public opinion muddying the waters at this point in the investigation. IDK. :thinking:

I think police will follow family wishes if they believe foul play has not occurred. I feel like the family is desperate to protect L's reputation, with the assumption she left and will return at some point. If they truly believed she had been kidnapped, etc...I would hope they would worry less about privacy and release whatever info might help find her. Jmo

She may have parked her car and walked, wonder if there are cameras along the road. Sounds to me like she did seem depressed/distraught in text but family does not want to say, in fear of maybe compromising her job, etc.

I have seen in the news where teachers have been fired or disciplined for having a photo on FB showing them holding a glass of wine. I doubt it is ever a good idea for a teacher to have their SM public or to be online friends with students. I know my niece has to keep hers private.

I agree, But what if you are at a friend's party holding a glass of wine and someone else posts it? That seems intrusive to me, but I am weird.
Back in the old days, you'd have to take a picture, have it developed for days and get numerous prints in order to show/share with many people. Now it's a click.

I understand and appreciate that you have no bias against an unwed woman having a baby. I am speaking specifically of women who are teachers. In a straw poll amongst my friends who are teachers, we could think of no teacher who was pregnant during a school year and unwed (some 60+ years of teaching between us). I'm not saying the bias is right, I'm just stating it does in fact exist. There are many parents who feel teachers should be held to a higher moral code (not that I agree).

But it is only the female teachers who get judged, right? The male teacher who impregnates , hypothetically, a teacher or other female adult is free from judgment..

Just wanted to say that if LW sent a text about her dog, I would be very surprised if she didn't also mention contacting the school for a sub. The kind of teacher she was, I would think her identity would be wrapped up in her job.

I agree, But what if you are at a friend's party holding a glass of wine and someone else posts it? That seems intrusive to me, but I am weird.
Back in the old days, you'd have to take a picture, have it developed for days and get numerous prints in order to show/share with many people. Now it's a click.
I have settings so I have to approve when someone tags me in a photo. It can show on their feed, but my name and page will not be attached to the photo until I have approved it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think police will follow family wishes if they believe foul play has not occurred. I feel like the family is desperate to protect L's reputation, with the assumption she left and will return at some point. If they truly believed she had been kidnapped, etc...I would hope they would worry less about privacy and release whatever info might help find her. Jmo

I struggle to agree that they feel she left and will return at some point mainly due to what her father stated at the press conference.

He said, " We miss her, we love her, and its one of the hardest things a father can do is have a child taken away, way, way too soon. All we want is her to come back to us. Laura if you're out there listening, pick up the phone. Whoever may be out there helping or hiding her, please come forward and make it happen."

Link to reference quote. https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...478688d23b4_story.html?utm_term=.1ff9548352e7

IMO, that doesn't sound like the words of someone who thinks she left willingly and will return. The $25,000 reward is also odd for someone who left on their own accord. I also recall the text message she sent being disturbing, so much so, that Laura's father called the school on Tuesday to see if she showed up.

JMO but all those factors do not add up to someone willingly walking off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan