Zach Adams on trial for the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo- Sept 13 & 14, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and understand completely. I was just trying to figure out what the defense attorney's angle might be. At this point she's not doing a bangup job of casting reasonable doubt. Seems to me she might just be looking for a lighter sentence somehow. Not that it would work but she doesn't seem to have much else at this point.

I think ZA's lawyer doesn't have a whole lot to present here. She can discredit the ex, JA, and that is about it. There is no one she can bring forward to say, "I was with ZA and he didn't do it." Her client was a meth dealer, known intimidator. Who will be there for proving or creating reasonable doubt? His lawyer is a bit of a mess. She is not efective so far. She bullied the GF and folded on the man who watched Holy Bobo shot in the head and testified that he almost killed her client's brothers.

WEll, I know from experience, you can't try and watch a livestream trial while your pets are waiting to be fed....you did the right thing...lol

:D Well, they didn't do completely without, just without what they really wanted. They were out of Fancy Feast and Cesar. LOL. Spoiled rotten.

Just got through watching the end of the last thirty minutes I missed. Defense is working on trying JA. But, the jury already knows that he has been charged with kidnapping, rape and murder and that he is hoping for leniency. She is wasting her time. Rehashing something over and over is not helping her client at all and doesn't change a thing.
JA comes across as truthful except IMO his total involvement. If his story is correct, he at the least is culpable for kidnapping and murder. JMO
At no time today did I see Defense cast any doubt on ZA's guilt and he is the one on trial at this time.

So sad to think that all of us that held out hope, the many family members, friends and neighbors that searched for weeks, and Holly was dead in the first 2 hours.

She could have said 'how do we know that you didn't drive off with the body, that was still alive at the time? How do we know you weren't the one that shot her in the head? The only one saying it was Zach is YOU.

But she didn't try to make the jury question any of that. She wasted a big opportunity, imo.
She can't do that because ZAs defense has always been "you got the wrong guys" he'd now have to put himself at the crime scene and therefore involved.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I had to miss some testimony today, but did either side validate or invalidate JA's animal watching between 7 and 8 on the day Holly went missing? If I was the defense I would have really pushed the idea JA went there, kidnapped her, and brought her to ZA/DA/SA. Or if I was the prosecution, I would have made it absolutely clear that his cellphone pings put him in the area he said he was in.

Am I the only one who finds it incredibly hard to believe that if they murdered her as Autry says that they couldn't find a single piece of DNA linking any of them to Holly? I found Autry pretty convincing today but it's so hard for me to imagine no DNA being found.

But I wonder how long it was before they checked for DNA?

I stated earlier that I didn't follow this case prior to the court proceedings that are happening now. So I decided to go back and read some prior threads. Currently reading the first ARREST thread. Going to try to bring a post over, but I've never done this before!
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ussion-1-***ARREST***&p=10307353#post10307353

From this MSM link: http://www.newschannel5.com/story/24...-you-stupid-wh

"That evidence comes from accused killer Zachary Adams' own Facebook page -- and the timing could be especially critical.

Through a source, we were able to obtain access to Zach Adams' Facebook page -- and there we discovered a post apparently made within minutes of Holly's disappearance.

Bobo disappeared from her Decatur County home on April 13, 2011. Her brother told investigators he last saw his sister being pulled into the woods by a man dressed in camouflage.

That was about 7:30 in the morning.

Which makes the post on accused killer Zachary Adams' Facebook page so troubling.

His words: "You never was you stupid *advertiser censored*."

Even more disturbing, the date and time of the post: April 13th, 7:39 a.m.

That's within minutes of Holly Bobo's disappearance."

<eta: so this would mean he was participating in an abduction and who knows what else, while posting on fb at the same time? Was she restrained by 7:39?> <eta: or deceased?>

Has this been addressed yet in court? Will it be able to be brought in Zach doesn't testify? Because if it can be shown where he was when this was posted, it 'might' be enough to add doubt. I mean who is going to think about posting to FB when you've got an abducted victim you plan to rape and murder?

Maybe I shouldn't be going over past stuff!

Just got through watching the end of the last thirty minutes I missed. Defense is working on trying JA. But, the jury already knows that he has been charged with kidnapping, rape and murder and that he is hoping for leniency. She is wasting her time. Rehashing something over and over is not helping her client at all and doesn't change a thing.
JA comes across as truthful except IMO his total involvement. If his story is correct, he at the least is culpable for kidnapping and murder. JMO
At no time today did I see Defense cast any doubt on ZA's guilt and he is the one on trial at this time.

BBM

Is AJ "at the least culpable for kidnapping"?

Please explain to me why you think AJ is culpable for kidnapping?

From the evidence so far, I have assumed that ZA was the kidnapper as it was he who wore the camouflage clothes. So why was AJ charged with kidnapping?

Tennessee Kidnapping/Abduction Laws
Kidnapping is the crime of taking a person against their will to an undisclosed location. This may be done for ransom or in furtherance of another crime, or in connection with a child custody dispute.

https://kidnapping.uslegal.com/state-kidnapping-abduction-laws/tennessee-kidnappingabduction-laws/

So please explain to me why you think that AJ is culpable for kidnapping.

I stated earlier that I didn't follow this case prior to the court proceedings that are happening now. So I decided to go back and read some prior threads. Currently reading the first ARREST thread. Going to try to bring a post over, but I've never done this before!
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ussion-1-***ARREST***&p=10307353#post10307353

Has this been addressed yet in court? Will it be able to be brought in Zach doesn't testify? Because if it can be shown where he was when this was posted, it 'might' be enough to add doubt. I mean who is going to think about posting to FB when you've got an abducted victim you plan to rape and murder?

According to this link, Yes, Facebook IS admissible in Court and it WILL be used against you!

http://www.collinsfirmtn.com/news-e...facebook-is-admissible-in-court-and-it-will-/

Even if ZA does not testify, his Facebook posts can be used by the Prosecution as evidence against him.

Hey all!

Geez - you've all been busy since last night - 400 posts to read.... :eek:nline:

lonetraveler said:
She deliberately sat him directly in front of Zach Adams, IMO

Did you also notice that the LE guys got up and stood around them when JA moved to the projector chair!! I guess - getting ready "just in case" something happened between them!!

Emi's tweet said:
Autry said he told Zach they needed to "gut" #HollyBobo because the only thing holding up the other body he had seen were "guts and gasses."

and this:
LunaticFringe said:
If I came across a body everybody and their grandma is going to know it! He's so nonchalant about death.

From these statements alone and the way I've viewed him on the stand - I believe JA has killed and buried bodies before.... he seems to be a "clean-up" man in the area - well to me anyway! You know, like Ray Donovan! :)

Bravo said:
Clint was investigated to the fullest. I just don't buy meth dealers make house calls to walk ya thru how to make it. I think Zach's info is a lie.
lonetraveler said:
I simply don't believe the story about Zach going over to the BoBo's house to teach Clint how to make meth. That makes no sense at all to me. If you make meth and sell it too then you definitely would not want to teach someone else to make it. KWIM?

Absolutely agree - why would Zach show Clint how to make meth - that would take away from Zach's $$ income, if someone else is going to make it & sell it - in the same area!
Oh - someone just mentioned camo outfit - did LE every find one? Or was that his "regular" dress?

Ellej said:
So when Zach gets on the stand, he is going to say, I didn't have anything to do with Holly Bobo. I don't know her. I was just working all day. I mean, what on earth is he going to say he was doing? I am baffled by this.
Is he going to say I didn't have any of these conversations or meet with Autry, Dylan, Austin or any of these people.

Do we know "for sure" that ZA is going to testify???!!! :eek:hwow: okay.... read a little further along - and no - he is not for sure taking the stand - but it sure would be interesting! More maps?? :giggle:

K - this post is getting too long - 200 more posts to read....

Checking in again from OZ. All i can say is wow. Wow. Wow. The defense didnt try and poke holes in anything he said? The only explanation i can come up with is that she is letting it all slide and has something big up her sleeve to blow JAs story to bits (or attempt to) at a later date. I am stuck on this feeling that something major will happen but i dont know what. Perhaps she has another star witness waiting in the wings?

Anyone else think this could be a possibility?

But maybe there wont be drama at all and get settled quickly and easily.

Sitting on the fence as usual :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

interesting from Chris Contes twitter page:

Chris Conte Retweeted
Chad Jackson @chdmjxn
Defense will surely call Clint Bobo during their case & make him either rebut State's star witness or take 5th. #HollyBobo @NC5_ChrisConte

WOW. Can the defense force someone to testify? I don't think they can, can they?

Good question katydid! I don't personally know! :dunno:

K - off to watch the last hour or so of this testimony, since no one was tweeting what was said.... :D

So - any guesses on who will be taking the stand today??

Later! :wave:

Oh - forgot to ask - are we going to a "new" thread for today's hearing??

TIA!

interesting from Chris Contes twitter page:

Chris Conte Retweeted
Chad Jackson @chdmjxn
Defense will surely call Clint Bobo during their case & make him either rebut State's star witness or take 5th. #HollyBobo @NC5_ChrisConte

WOW. Can the defense force someone to testify? I don't think they can, can they?

I would think that the defense can subpoena him to testify just like the prosecution can subpoena people to testify and they have to show up.

Checking in again from OZ. All i can say is wow. Wow. Wow. The defense didnt try and poke holes in anything he said? The only explanation i can come up with is that she is letting it all slide and has something big up her sleeve to blow JAs story to bits (or attempt to) at a later date. I am stuck on this feeling that something major will happen but i dont know what. Perhaps she has another star witness waiting in the wings?

Anyone else think this could be a possibility?

But maybe there wont be drama at all and get settled quickly and easily.

Sitting on the fence as usual :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

When the defense presents it's case, she may call witnesses that contradict what he has testified to. ie---maybe she'll call a cell phone expert to testify that his phone pinged near the Bobo residence at the time Holly was being abducted and JA was not out in a field enjoying watching the ducks and deer because he's a good old county boy, like he said he was. Just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie