GUILTY WI - 12-Year-Old Girls Stab Friend 19 Times for Slenderman, Waukesha, 31 May 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashley Sears‏Verified account @AshleySears6 8m8 minutes ago

The jury has another question in the #slendermantrial. @fox6now

Ashley Sears‏Verified account @AshleySears6 1m1 minute ago

Defense and Prosecution agree jury doesn't understand why their original verdict was rejected.

Ashley Sears‏Verified account @AshleySears6 4m4 minutes ago

Judge discussing releasing the jury for the night and resuming tomorrow morning. @fox6now

Ashley Sears‏Verified account @AshleySears6 3m3 minutes ago

Judge is going to ask the jurors if they would like to return tomorrow morning or continue deliberating. #slendermantrial @fox6now

Ashley Sears‏Verified account @AshleySears6 2m2 minutes ago

Judge says the jury has reached a verdict. #slendermantrial @fox6now

Ashley Sears‏Verified account @AshleySears6 5s5 seconds ago

BREAKING: Jury finds Weier had a mental defect at time of crime and lacked mental capacity to know what she did was wrong. #slendermantrial

Ashley Sears‏Verified account @AshleySears6 44s44 seconds ago

With both questions, 10 jurors agreed and 2 dissented. They did not need a consensus. #slendermantrial @fox6now

Ashley Sears‏Verified account @AshleySears6 37s37 seconds ago

Verdict means Weier will go to a treatment facility. She must stay at facility for at least 3 years. #slendermantrial @fox6now

IMO 3 years will bring her to the age of 18, legal age to be an adult, then probably can be released. She would be in a controlled environment for years what happens when she is given freedom? Where will she go? Is her family willing to take her in? I think more treatment needs to be in her future, guidance possibly in group home of some sort. Aldo how about community service if no jail time. IMO she knew right from wrong from certain things she said to authorities....she needs to pay back to society somehow. I hope there is a long range plan being written up and will be followed. I doubt we will see it, because at some points they treat her as an adult and then other times as a child...confusing for all in every aspect of this case. I do not want to see another repeat of this happen again by her. It is scary.

And does anyone know, if she is on any medication now? She seems to be after watching the case.

Thanks to everyone for posting.

wrong decision. this girl has her whole life ahead of her to commit a similiar or worse crime.

Anissa reminds me so much of my 13yo stepdaughter it's scary. That reality-fantasy mosh-up and the gullibility that shadowy creatures are real and the "no brakes" and the peer craving/worship and the way her teachers describe her...

The 2nd psych expert really helped me put it all in context on a personal level. I think his name was Dutch. I am going to make her dad listen to that one.

This verdict though... Hmm. I am ambivalent. There are no good solutions for this girl, but sheesh,some ACCOUNTABILITY would have been warranted.

I thought more people would keep up with this case. So fascinating from a legal and social perspective. Lots of gray areas here. Thanks for all the posts!

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

Anissa reminds me so much of my 13yo stepdaughter it's scary. That reality-fantasy mosh-up and the gullibility that shadowy creatures are real and the "no brakes" and the peer craving/worship and the way her teachers describe her...

The 2nd psych expert really helped me put it all in context on a personal level. I think his name was Dutch. I am going to make her dad listen to that one.

This verdict though... Hmm. I am ambivalent. There are no good solutions for this girl, but sheesh,some ACCOUNTABILITY would have been warranted.

I thought more people would keep up with this case. So fascinating from a legal and social perspective. Lots of gray areas here. Thanks for all the posts!

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk
SABBM

That ^^^^^

Imo, 3 years of treatment and she's fit to live in society ?
Doubtful.

Hard to follow this as my .02 was that their sentences would be light if any.
So aggravating.

What if she comes out of the mental treatment and still harbors evil inclinations ?
Will there be anyone to monitor her or follow up ?

Both of these girls frighten me. Sorry for a cold and heartless outlook.... but to carry out such an atrocity at the age of 12. Just boggles the mind.
:moo:

Interesting article from CNN.

[video=cnn;us/2017/09/16/slenderman-teen-trial-mental-illness-bts.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/16/us/teen-slenderman-stabbing-avoids-jail/index.html[/video]

Ashley Sears‏Verified account @AshleySears6 5s5 seconds ago

BREAKING: Jury finds Weier had a mental defect at time of crime and lacked mental capacity to know what she did was wrong. #slendermantrial

I disagree with this SO MUCH!

SABBM

That ^^^^^

Imo, 3 years of treatment and she's fit to live in society ?
Doubtful.

Hard to follow this as my .02 was that their sentences would be light if any.
So aggravating.

What if she comes out of the mental treatment and still harbors evil inclinations ?
Will there be anyone to monitor her or follow up ?

Both of these girls frighten me. Sorry for a cold and heartless outlook.... but to carry out such an atrocity at the age of 12. Just boggles the mind.
:moo:
It worries me that she comes out at 18, and gets pregnant. So many scary things could happen to her child, in her care...

Interesting article from CNN.

[video=cnn;us/2017/09/16/slenderman-teen-trial-mental-illness-bts.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/16/us/teen-slenderman-stabbing-avoids-jail/index.html[/video]

I couldn't see your link until I clicked "reply with quote" . But even then it would not work as it was printed. But I finally figured out that it works from here:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/16/us/teen-slenderman-stabbing-avoids-jail

10 out of the 12 jurors agreed Weier had a mental disorder when she and her classmate Morgan Geyser stabbed their sixth-grade classmate 19 times

[Weiser's attorney Maura McMahon] : McMahon said Weier will spend at least three years at a mental hospital before petition for her release. A judge could also order up to a 25-year commitment, she said.

Geyser was diagnosed with schizophrenia a few months after the assault, WISN reported. She also took the prosecutors plea deal and is set to stand trial in October, according to the Wisconsin Court System website.

Did the 10 jurors who voted yes on the first question (about Weier having a mental defect) know they could vote no on the second question? I’m thinking of James Holmes (theater shooter). He definitely had a mental illness. But he also could distinguish right from wrong. Just because Weier has a mental illness does not automatically mean she did not know right from wrong. Correct? Tough decision for the jury, though. I don’t envy them.

Slenderman victim’s family “disappointed” with verdict in Anissa Weier case

Payton Leutner's family released the following statement on the verdict:

"We are disappointed in the jury's decision. The decision allows the assailant to petition the court every six months and request release into the community. Their decision also forces our family to relive this horrific crime every six months wondering if they will be released.

The potential release of an assailant that methodically planned and executed an attack in which our little girl was stabbed 19 times puts the community and our family at risk. It is deeply disappointing.

We would also like to thank the District Attorney and her team for their remarkable work in presenting the case and assisting our family through the process.

The Leutner Family"

wrong decision. this girl has her whole life ahead of her to commit a similiar or worse crime.
And she will.
This is such BS. What would happen to two black boys who commited this type of crime?

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...ing-slender-man-jury-deliberations/681787001/

http://www.waow.com/story/36406992/...der-man-trial-livestream-sparks-investigation

Above are some of the links to an investigation by the Waukesha DA in postings on Facebook saying what the final outcome would be. A "Danny Black" posted several times...."getting three years mental health''. The DA is looking into the fact that "Danny Black" admitted on FB he knew one of the jurors and knew the outcome. The DA said that after "Danny Black" was questioned on FB that he did know a juror, a few hours later the verdict came down.

The DA said the jury was sequestered and it would be hard for anyone to get to them. However a special person was appointed to investigate.

The last thing the DA said was "If Black did indeed receive inside information from a juror, the juror could be penalized with a fine or jail time. As far as the verdict, it's highly unlikely, but it could give grounds for an appeal or mistrial."

IMO this could have happened....maybe easier then anyone thinks. Will have to wait to see what the investigation comes up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23