Victim - Melissa Barthelemy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually try to refrain from participating in posts so far off from the case but I wanted to point out that this appears to be an honest question. Maybe I missed some posts that have been deleted...

How do you know there is no recording of the phone calls to Amanda?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by deedee21 Sini said the Feds have full access to the LISK file. Have they compared LH voice to the man that called Amanda? Is it a match? Im sure the NYPD recorded his calls to Amanda.

They didn't record it. :-/. My hope is they compare his work and case calendar with the days calls were made from manhattan.

For the record: don't ever believe anything sini says.

The audio of LH CANNOT be leaked, nor can details of the whole convo be leaked because that could prejudice Amanda if she is presented with a voice line up. That would be a huge loss.

:confused:

Speculation?

Yes. Speculation. They said they had a diary of his calls, but no mention was made of a recording. Ever. So speculation. Again, I'll make sure I don't make that mistake again and specify what I know to be fact or speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thread is open for posting again.

Bessie
WS ADMINISTRATOR

If this guy is telling this truth, this leads credence to either the stalker theory or the theory that the SK was 'courting' the girls for some time prior to their deaths.

This is a massive clue. He could have started out as a stalker and elevated up to a talker. Basically feeling nothing for who he was about to kill, but in getting to know them he left himself open. I would love to know where the girls mobile phones were while still alive leading up to their deaths. Were there signals in a similar place? In the months leading up to their deaths

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They didn't record it. :-/. My hope is they compare his work and case calendar with the days calls were made from manhattan.

For the record: don't ever believe anything sini says.

The audio of LH CANNOT be leaked, nor can details of the whole convo be leaked because that could prejudice Amanda if she is presented with a voice line up. That would be a huge loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Multiple articles say police did record the last phone calls but they havent been released to the public, which is downright ridiculous because they need our help identifying him. And I dont see how it would prejudice her, plenty of threatening calls have been leaked by police but that's not what need that to bring him down. He has been making mistakes for a long time, Follow the trail

Multiple articles say police did record the last phone calls but they havent been released to the public, which is downright ridiculous because they need our help identifying him. And I dont see how it would prejudice her, plenty of threatening calls have been leaked by police but that's not what need that to bring him down. He has been making mistakes for a long time, Follow the trail

There could be a level of embarrassment here. It could be a person from LE or the Courts, or it could be someone from many years ago they let slip through the net and has killed since. They followed the A Doodler around for years due to lack of testimony. And he had killed 13 I think....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some things are not entirely clear.

It does not seem credible that there is not a recording of the killer's voice. He called the family and the 'boyfriend' of the victim numerous times, police monitored the calls but did not record them. Is that credible?

He seems to provide details of the boyfriend that could only have come from ongoing conversations with her, in other words she wasn't "abducted and killed", she was "abducted, kept, interviewed over a period of time, and then killed". In the last conversation he says he killed her. Is that correct?

If that is correct, that she was not killed immediately, it would provide more evidence of a connection with the case police say is not connected, Shannon Gilbert?. If somebody is going to be killed quickly any number of ways can be used, but if a person is going to be 'kept alive', particularly somebody who is wary of traps, there is much more chance of errors. Aside from getting the person to take a drug, or using several people to overpower them, it might be hard to reliably imprison somebody.

Also, if the killer 'enjoyed' calling the family to taunt them, would he not have 'enjoyed' more doing the same to the victim?

Gilbert saw something that was obviously 'a danger she could escape from'. Her 'customer' knew she had a driver, and once she ran outside, if she were captured again it would have been reasonable to assume there would be some search. Hackett's call covered that, he said something about 'a home for wayward girls'. But no search was immediately done. If Gilbert was killed by the same group or person then he or they would have to kill her in a way that pointed away from the other deaths, to deflect her disappearance which was documented from appearing related.

So eventually her body was found, and it seemed she had drowned...

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...nsolved-case-of-the-long-island-serial-killer

But Baden suspects that Gilbert was murdered for additional reasons beyond the deformity of her hyoid bone. He says Gilbert's body was found belly-up, unusual for a drowning victim, and that her belongings were strewn around her, suggesting her corpse was carried to the spot where it was found.

Some things are not entirely clear.

It does not seem credible that there is not a recording of the killer's voice. He called the family and the 'boyfriend' of the victim numerous times, police monitored the calls but did not record them. Is that credible?

He seems to provide details of the boyfriend that could only have come from ongoing conversations with her, in other words she wasn't "abducted and killed", she was "abducted, kept, interviewed over a period of time, and then killed". In the last conversation he says he killed her. Is that correct?

If that is correct, that she was not killed immediately, it would provide more evidence of a connection with the case police say is not connected, Shannon Gilbert?. If somebody is going to be killed quickly any number of ways can be used, but if a person is going to be 'kept alive', particularly somebody who is wary of traps, there is much more chance of errors. Aside from getting the person to take a drug, or using several people to overpower them, it might be hard to reliably imprison somebody.

Also, if the killer 'enjoyed' calling the family to taunt them, would he not have 'enjoyed' more doing the same to the victim?

Gilbert saw something that was obviously 'a danger she could escape from'. Her 'customer' knew she had a driver, and once she ran outside, if she were captured again it would have been reasonable to assume there would be some search. Hackett's call covered that, he said something about 'a home for wayward girls'. But no search was immediately done. If Gilbert was killed by the same group or person then he or they would have to kill her in a way that pointed away from the other deaths, to deflect her disappearance which was documented from appearing related.

So eventually her body was found, and it seemed she had drowned...

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...nsolved-case-of-the-long-island-serial-killer
I often think they were trying to drug Shannan so they could hold her Captive. Brewer has a downright repulsive energy that surrounds him. I could have sworn I seen him cruising the strip last may on a Harley in st pete beach. Gross.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

He is not a Cacucasian killing African-American but an African-American killing Caucasians. Same typology as Bernard Jackson or Omar Thornton. And since I'm not allowed to tell you my website, you could google my name and my name and would find on the site the complete profile I wrote last year with some extensions from end of last year.

There is no sufficient evidence to prove the killer is African American. Amanda and Terry both described him as an older white guy after having talked with him multiple times. It can be tricky with some but not impossible to determine the ethnicity of dialects of most people over the phone.

Didn't the filmmakers tell us the calls to terry was not from the killer but from someone close to Melissa's family trying to get some answers about her disappearance? That one article was the only mention of these calls. There's a post here somewhere but not in this thread.

Didn't the filmmakers tell us the calls to terry was not from the killer but from someone close to Melissa's family trying to get some answers about her disappearance? That one article was the only mention of these calls. There's a post here somewhere but not in this thread.

There were multiple articles where Terry states he received as many as 30 calls

One of the more interesting cases. In the phone call to her sister, the killer called the victim a "*advertiser censored*". As we all know, many of these killings occurred near Babylon, NY. Perhaps the killer was making a reference to the biblical verse about "the *advertiser censored* of Babylon".

Was she one of the girls who left her phone behind? I'm curious if anyone's thought about the killer being one of the private drivers? Maybe the killer wasn't who prompted them to leave the phones but the driver and trusting that hey this driver will be here waiting of something goes wrong I dunno I'm not sure how someone ends up being a driver if they are personal friends of the women or maybe vetted by the pimps if they have one. It would stand to reason that the same driver might work on the same areas maybe does it for side money during the summers easy access and blame if something does go wrong well they were just with a complete stranger. I'm new to the site just browsing but I can't get the idea of one of the people there for the girls protection being one of the ones involved and I didn't read anything about it granted I didn't read all the hundreds of posts in one day heh. Just curious is anyone has thought this or debunked the theory and explained why it wouldn't work. Anyways keep up the good work it's nice to see a group of people come together like this

Its a possibility. But Im leaning towards it not being true.
Josh was on Trishas podcast. He said the caller was someone Melissas family knew.. It was my impression he was told to SAY THAT. He was back on at a later date. So was Robert Anderson. Robert Anderson talked about those same calls. Josh could have used that opportunity to tell him he was mistaken. He did'nt.

Was she one of the girls who left her phone behind? I'm curious if anyone's thought about the killer being one of the private drivers? Maybe the killer wasn't who prompted them to leave the phones but the driver and trusting that hey this driver will be here waiting of something goes wrong I dunno I'm not sure how someone ends up being a driver if they are personal friends of the women or maybe vetted by the pimps if they have one. It would stand to reason that the same driver might work on the same areas maybe does it for side money during the summers easy access and blame if something does go wrong well they were just with a complete stranger. I'm new to the site just browsing but I can't get the idea of one of the people there for the girls protection being one of the ones involved and I didn't read anything about it granted I didn't read all the hundreds of posts in one day heh. Just curious is anyone has thought this or debunked the theory and explained why it wouldn't work. Anyways keep up the good work it's nice to see a group of people come together like this

No Melissa was not one of the ones to leave her phone. Melissa’s phone was used by the suspected killer to make call’s taunting her younger sister Amanda.

No Melissa was not one of the ones to leave her phone. Melissa’s phone was used by the suspected killer to make call’s taunting her younger sister Amanda.
Maureen's phone was turned on a few weeks after she disappeared. Her phone pinged off a tower on the southside of the Robert Mosses bridge. Her friend Sara also received a taunting call.
Someone made several calls to Lorraines job. Shes Megan's mom. He pretended to be NYPD. He tried to get Lorraines cell# from her co-workers.
NYPD was never on Megans case.
The calls continued until the bodies were found.

Its a possibility. But Im leaning towards it not being true.
Josh was on Trishas podcast. He said the caller was someone Melissas family knew.. It was my impression he was told to SAY THAT. He was back on at a later date. So was Robert Anderson. Robert Anderson talked about those same calls. Josh could have used that opportunity to tell him he was mistaken. He did'nt.

Could have been a radio show I was thinking of deedee yes thanks. If memory serves there was some apprehension putting that out by J or whoever, I thought it was R. Why be apprehensive if he was told to put that out, and told by who family or LE? Somebody hit Josh up we need to get to the bottom of this. Seriously though, I don't remember these calls being mentioned anywhere but that one article. At least the last I checked, and its been awhile. The story kind of fits too because with so many calls over such a long period of time it's almost as if he'd be trying to get caught. Which if I remember correctly is what I said years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021