GUILTY NY - Brooke Stagles, 3, beaten to death, Rochester, 13 Nov 2016

Here you go princess. You may have been invisible in your own home but we see you. Fly high baby girl justice is coming.

attachment.php

Attachments

• brooke.jpg
    brooke.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 128
JMOO, Neither should ever see the light of day, except to perform manual labor. Any monies they receive from this manual labor should go to caring for homeless children and never a penny for themselves. Until we start "punishing" for these type of horrific crimes, nothing will ever change. We incarcerate, but that's not punishment, IMHO. I believe in capital punishment in certain cases. When a child is murdered, I would have no problem sentencing their killer to the death penalty. Others may not agree, and that's ok. But, stories like this just tear at my heart. I hope they both get the maximum sentence allowed.

Little Girl Lost: The questions left behind by Brook Stagles death

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2017/09/23/little-girl-lost-questions-left-behind-brook-stagles-death/685670001/

At every turn, every safeguard that could or should have protected the life of young Brook Stagles failed her.

Her mother and mother’s family were unable to secure custody of the girl in the weeks before her death on Nov. 14, 2016.

Her father’s family either didn’t notice or turned a blind eye to abuse allegedly going on under the roof of their home on Albemarle Street. And Brook’s father, Michael Stagles, either participated in abuse so significant that his 3-year-old daughter was bruised from head to toe, or allowed his girlfriend to inflict such injuries on Brook that the girl ultimately died of complications from a part of her intestines popping like a balloon.

The nonjury trial outlined a litany of failures and missed opportunities that could have potentially saved Brook’s life. One pediatrician testified that a ruptured bowel typically isn’t fatal if repaired quickly. But Brook languished for days after her injury, and infection overtook her 37-pound body as her father and Bell failed to get her medical attention. Bystanders who recognized the girl was gravely ill did not take the extra step of getting her a doctor’s care themselves.

I will never understand how as a parent you can see your child sick, suffering, or in pain and do nothing. It tears my [emoji176] heart out when my kids get a cold. I could never purposefully inflict pain and suffering onto them. RIH [emoji72] Angel you're safe now

Sent from my 9024W using Tapatalk

Ya know, I tell myself to stay out of this forum because it does nothing but enrage me, but I don't listen and here I am and totally enraged! This skanky monster and the spineless, terrible excuse for a father, should both be given the max and I don't think the max is enough. They should never see the free world again. When you do something like this, you get no second chances!!! The poor excuse for a human being, EB, looks to me like she is a meth-head, moo, and I'm going to go with this because my mind cannot accept that she did this while sober. I agree with all the above posters that until abusers are PUNISHED as early as the first offense, things will not change for our innocent angels...RIP dear Brooke.

Judge: Erica Bell had 'wicked, evil or inhuman' state of mind

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2017/09/29/brook-stagles-death-verdict-expected-erica-bell-murder-trial/712102001/

As Monroe County Court Judge Christopher Ciaccio handed down his verdict in the murder case of Erica Bell on Friday morning, the only sounds in the packed courtroom were the sobs of Brook Stagles’ family.

Calling Bell “supremely selfish, concerned with her own self-preservation,” Ciaccio convicted the 25-year-old of second-degree murder and first-degree manslaughter in connection with Brook’s death on Nov. 14, 2016.

Bell faces a sentence of up to 25 years to life in prison on the second-degree murder conviction and 5 to 25 years in prison on the first-degree manslaughter conviction. Those sentences would be served concurrently. Sentencing will be Nov. 8.

Ciaccio said Bell's attempts to hide Brook's injuries from others, coupled with her active obstruction of getting the child any medical attention evinced an "utter disregard for human life" and that the evidence showed she had a "wicked, evil or inhuman" state of mind.

Ciaccio said he did not believe any of Bell's testimony. The later phone calls recanting her previous statements only showed that Bell had taken the time to concoct a story that would shift blame to someone else.

Her earlier statements of guilt were "unscripted, unflitered and related the truth," he said, noting that in none of the calls did Bell show any remorse or contrition that Brook was dead.

Michael Stagles pleads guilty in death of his daughter Brook Stagles

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2017/10/06/michael-stagles-pleads-guilty-death-his-daughter/735691001/

Michael Stagles pleaded guilty Friday to criminally negligent homicide in the death of his 3-year-old daughter, Brook Stagles.

Stagles' release was revoked and he was taken into custody after the hearing. Sentencing is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. Dec. 6. He faces a sentence of up to four years in prison, with a minimum of 1⅓. years.

Erica Bell gets 25 to life in beating death of 3-year-old Brook Stagles

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2017/11/08/erica-bell-sentenced-brook-stagles-beating-death/843266001/

In a victim impact statement before Monroe County Court Judge Christopher Ciaccio on Wednesday, Brook’s maternal grandfather John Geer described his family’s confusion, horror and fear after being summoned to Rochester General Hospital the night before Brook died.

“Nobody should ever hold a dying child in their arms,” Geer said.

Geer said his daughter Ashlee — Brook’s mother — lay beside Brook’s tiny body and spoke soothing words of comfort to her lifeless form for nearly an hour after she had died. The girl’s injuries had been too severe for pediatric surgeons to fix.

“I wouldn’t wish that on anybody,” he said. “So many people have been traumatized by all of this.”

Geer’s comments came just before Ciaccio handed down the maximum sentence to Bell, a 25-year-old heroin addict from Spencerport who was convicted in September of second-degree murder and first-degree manslaughter for Brook's death.

Brook Stagles' father gets maximum sentence of 4 years for failing to get medical attention

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2017/12/06/brook-stagles-father-gets-maximum-sentence-4-years-failing-get-medical-attention/926305001/

A Rochester father who admitted he failed to get medical attention for his critically ill daughter was sentenced Wednesday in Monroe County court to the maximum of up to four years in prison.

He will be considered for parole after serving one and one-third years, although he has already served nearly eight months while awaiting trial.

At Michael Stagles' sentencing, Monroe County Court Judge Christopher Ciaccio said he would try his hardest to ensure Stagles serves a full four years.

"In a sense, I think you got away with murder," Ciaccio said to Stagles during the sentencing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back