NY NY - Alice Parsons: Heiress, Long Island, 1937

Tiny bit of extra research. I looked up Ukrainian naming practices, and like Russian practices we are expecting the first name-patronymic-surname structure we've seen previously. However, the patronymic endings are slightly different. Where in Russian, a male patronymic ending would be -evich/-ovich, in Ukrainian it tends to be -ovych/-evych. For women, where in Russia we are looking at ovna/evna, in the Ukraine it is likely to be -ivna.

As for "Yugoslavia" it is more difficult, as obviously there are so many different communities that could include. Wasn't there a town called something like Malapertsiva getting thrown around at some point with a connection to Anna? If we knew which region she could have been from it might give us a clue.

That being said, it might help looking for Anna under these slightly varied names if we want to turn up more about her past.

I have read all of these threads with great interest and I must tell you that most of your questions will be answered in a new book to be released in 2020. The working title is "The Alice Parsons Kidnapping: The Untold Story." The first draft of the several hundred page book is now complete. If I can not find a publisher for this work, I will self publish as I have done before. I served as a Det/Lt in the Suffolk County District Attorneys Office from 1978-2001 and participated in two archaeological digs searching for Alice's remains. One of the archaeological digs occurred on the Parsons' farm.
I had a 40 year career in law enforcement and hold a specialty in forensic attribution. My previous non-fiction and historical fiction works and bio can be found on my authors page: Steven C. Drielak. This new book is based on the recently declassified 9,000 page Alice Parsons kidnapping file located at the National Archives. I spent several hundred hours at the National Archives reviewing the case reports, notes and forensic evidence. It is a fascinating story, the details of which have never leaked to the press. I do not visit this site very often so if anyone wishes to contact me with information about this case or a potential publisher please email me at: sdrielak@usa.net.
Steven C. Drielak

WOW. I’m beyond impressed by this thread. I’ve read it start to finish with little activity in between. Suffice it to say, I’ve discovered a side to WS I did not know existed. Ironically I discovered this thread through a Google keyword search of my own family genealogy. Surnames, geographical locations, and apparently some first names. I’ve no clue if my ancestors were connected to Alice’s (and/or Anna’s, if I venture to the opposite side of my tree) but I’m very much interested in reading more!!

(It proved difficult for me to read the entire thread without clicking on a link or checking my Ancestry account :D ... which I know plan to do!)

Very nice work!

Last edited:
I have read all of these threads with great interest and I must tell you that most of your questions will be answered in a new book to be released in 2020. The working title is "The Alice Parsons Kidnapping: The Untold Story." The first draft of the several hundred page book is now complete. If I can not find a publisher for this work, I will self publish as I have done before. I served as a Det/Lt in the Suffolk County District Attorneys Office from 1978-2001 and participated in two archaeological digs searching for Alice's remains. One of the archaeological digs occurred on the Parsons' farm.
I had a 40 year career in law enforcement and hold a specialty in forensic attribution. My previous non-fiction and historical fiction works and bio can be found on my authors page: Steven C. Drielak. This new book is based on the recently declassified 9,000 page Alice Parsons kidnapping file located at the National Archives. I spent several hundred hours at the National Archives reviewing the case reports, notes and forensic evidence. It is a fascinating story, the details of which have never leaked to the press. I do not visit this site very often so if anyone wishes to contact me with information about this case or a potential publisher please email me at: sdrielak@usa.net.
Steven C. Drielak

Attachments

• Facebook ad2.jpg
    Facebook ad2.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 12
I have taken a break from my usual academic writings and have spent the last year researching this infamous kidnapping case. I had the unique opportunity to work on this criminal investigation as a “cold case” in the late 1990s, at which time I participated in two court ordered forensic archaeological digs in an effort to locate Alice Parsons’ remains. For further detailed information regarding the Alice Parsons kidnapping case and the release of my new book please visit: https://www.drielak-associates.com/aliceparsons

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back