IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you the person who knew him when he was young? Someone that knows him has stated online that his troubles started before 2006 and he was in juvenile. Was your Mom the babysitter?

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

That is interesting, and not unusual for someone's mental health problems to start when they are in their teens.

I do find it extremely disconcerting that the very day the sketch was released was the very day he headed west outta Indiana. Why then? Did anyone in his family hear of them discussing going to Colorado prior to that day? Was it sudden? Whose suggestion? I hope these are all questions they've asked his wife.
According to what I have read (news outlets) he had not been in contact with his grandmother for at least 5 years. I was under the impression that she was his closest relative besides a Father in Prison.

Maybe he saw the sketch and decided it was too close for comfort? I would be interested to know if the move to CO was a spur of the moment or planned.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

If this man is the killer, he will be the subject of some extensive attention by criminologists or criminal psychologists. Unfortunately, mental health issues and how our society deals with people with psychological trauma or other mental issues does impact how those people interact in society. If he self-medicated with substance abuse, it might have only made himself increasingly less stable. People do that with legal drugs (like alcohol), and they do it with illegal drugs. The brain is a chemical organ. Chemicals change the synaptic firing patterns and activity levels in various learning and decision making parts of the brain, and then the person is less able, not more able, to engage in the world around them.

You bring up some good points and if DN is the perpetrator in these crimes it would be interesting to know some of his history as far as his mental health etc. IMO.

Look at this picture of DN from behind.

This is BG.

https://www.google.ca/amp/amp.thein...ys-daniel-nations-had-violent-tendencies.html
ff44650967a8e4baf64901d17ed58f1e.jpg

Person of interest in Delphi murders was living homeless in Indiana the same week girls’ bodies were found, police say

http://fox59.com/2017/09/29/man-cal...same-week-girls-bodies-were-found-police-say/

Daniel Nations, 31, was living under bridges in Morgan County when the girls were murdered, according to the Morgan County Sheriff's Department.

"He came in on February 7, 2017 and then came in on February 14, 2017 and checked in, said Worth.

The girls' bodies were found on Feb. 14. According to documents from authorities, Nations never missed his weekly check-in from Jan. 31 - April 4 this year.

Is that shorthand for Dishonorable Discharge? It might be useful if someone actually knows what his job was in the Marine Corps, and what his discharge type was.

I agree, and a DD could also have something to do with his state of mind if that's what happened while in the Military?

I do find it extremely disconcerting that the very day the sketch was released was the very day he headed west outta Indiana. Why then? Did anyone in his family hear of them discussing going to Colorado prior to that day? Was it sudden? Whose suggestion? I hope these are all questions they've asked his wife.

He was living at the InSuites motel in Greenwood until 5/12/2017, he and his family left for CO then.
The officer who was following up on his residence happened to go look for him at his last known residence (InSuites) on 7/18, and was told by management that DN had moved out 5/12.

It's the officers checking up on him that makes it look like he left IN right after the sketch was released,but he was gone a couple of months prior.

A former employer told Fox 59 that Nations often carried around a machete, and once threatened her and her family with it when he was living with her and working on their farm in 2015.

“At first he seemed like he was a decent guy, said he was ex-military. But the more I got to know him the more I realized he wasn’t as decent as we thought he was,” Suella Ferrand told the news station.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/daniel-nations-colorado-hatchet-man-delphi-indiana-murders-photos/

He is an ex marine.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Imo, he is no Marine and never was one. He was dishonorably discharged. I doubt he was ever overseas. He has charges in Paris Island, SC which is the place for the Marine boot camp for the east coast and then he was transferred to Jax NC imo and also has charges there for indecent exposure.

I think his problems started way before he tried to be a Marine ending in him being booted out.

There are over 3.5 million military veterans in our country and over 1 million on active duty, and the vast majority of all of them aren't running around attacking and murdering young girls and an innocent biker or anyone else for that matter. Many of them have also been overseas in wars or conflicts. I doubt this guy was ever deployed.

Imo DN was bad to the bone long before he wanted and failed to be an honorable Marine.

PTSD? Nope, just another evil killer blaming his own actions on everyone else.

Person of interest in Delphi murders was living homeless in Indiana the same week girls’ bodies were found, police say

http://fox59.com/2017/09/29/man-cal...same-week-girls-bodies-were-found-police-say/

Daniel Nations, 31, was living under bridges in Morgan County when the girls were murdered, according to the Morgan County Sheriff's Department.

"He came in on February 7, 2017 and then came in on February 14, 2017 and checked in, said Worth.

The girls' bodies were found on Feb. 14. According to documents from authorities, Nations never missed his weekly check-in from Jan. 31 - April 4 this year.

So the guy has outstanding warrants for his arrest in multiple counties in Indiana and he's checking in, but no one looks to see if he has outstanding warrants and arrests him? Sounds to me like someone dropped the ball and perhaps a man in CO didn't have to die if they had done their job.

All JMHO.

Anyone know if DN is left handed or right handed? In one of his selfies, he is using left hand to hold phone. I always use my right hand since it is my dominant hand.

Remember, selfies are done in Mirror Image.

Imo

Imo DN was bad to the bone long before he wanted and failed to be an honorable Marine.

PTSD? Nope, just another evil killer blaming his own actions on everyone else.

As always, well said Ocean....agree 100%. Let's not get this thread derailed with some kind of military influence. :)

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Didn't realize DN is only 31 yrs. old. I envisioned BG to be around mid 40's, and a thicker stockier build. But maybe DN has lost weight, he looks a bit drawn in the face IMO and his eyes are different to the eyes in the sketch, also IMO. But i guess when LE say whether he is or isn't the perp. in this case we will know for sure.

Didn't realize DN is only 31 yrs. old. I envisioned BG to be around mid 40's, and a thicker stockier build. But maybe DN has lost weight, he looks a bit drawn in the face IMO and his eyes are different to the eyes in the sketch, also IMO. But i guess when LE say whether he is or isn't the perp. in this case we will know for sure.

Me too, I thought he was older and bigger. But when you look at his various photos, it appears he has lost quite a bit of weight recently. The stockier photos do resemble BG quite a bit IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
funeris antro