GUILTY Uk - Emile Cilliers Accused Of Tampering W/ Wife's Parachute, Wiltshire, 5 April 2015

Michael Bowes QC, prosecuting, said that the murder bids came as Cilliers told his lover, who he met through the Tinder dating app, that he was leaving his wife, a physiotherapist for the Army.

He said that the defendant had created a lie for his lover that he was leaving his wife, because he was not the father of one of his children, because his wife had been having an affair.

He added that the defendant - who was also having a sexual relationship with his previous wife, Carly Cilliers - had debts of £22,000 and he believed he would be set to receive a £120,000 insurance payout on her death.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ng-tinder-affair-tried-murder-wife-tampering/

'When she jumped out of the plane at 4,000ft, both her main parachute and her reserve parachute failed, causing her to spiral to the ground.

'Those attending at the scene expected to find her dead, although she was badly injured, almost miraculously she survived the fall.

'Those at the scene immediately realised that something was seriously wrong with her reserve parachute, two vital pieces of equipment which fasten the parachute harness were missing.

'Their absence inevitably meant the reserve parachute would fail and would send her spinning to the ground.'

[...]

He said that the defendant had created a lie for his lover that he was leaving his wife, because he was not the father of one of his children, because his wife had been having an affair.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sabotaged-wife-s-parachute.html#ixzz4uXjIHZmE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The QC continued: "The police investigation was widened to include the circumstances of a gas leak at Emile and Victoria Cilliers' home a few days before.

"It was discovered that Emile Cilliers had deliberately caused a gas leak at the house just before he left the house to stay elsewhere."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4610409/emile-cilliers-army-sergeant-parachute-wife-murder/

I'm going to be offline for a bit when this resumes if anyone has time to do updates.

Thanks Legally. Whatever that was about, glad it's going ahead after all. I'll see if there's anything else in the reports.

[FONT=&amp]Mr Bowes said that, on the night of the gas leak, March 29 2015, Cilliers had left his wife at their home in Amesbury, Wiltshire, to stay at his Army barracks to avoid the Monday morning traffic.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]He said the following morning Mrs Cilliers contacted him saying she could smell gas and had found it was coming from a gas valve in a kitchen cupboard next to the oven.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dried blood on the gas fitting was later found to be a full DNA match to the defendant, the court was told.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mr Bowes added that forensic examination of the fitting showed force had been used to loosen it but not to tighten it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mr Bowes said Mrs Cilliers sent her husband a WhatsApp message saying jokingly "Are you trying to kill me?", to which he replied "Seriously, why are you saying that?"

He said the defendant sent his lover, Stefanie Goller, several messages saying that he was leaving his wife.
He told her a lie that the child was not his and sent her a message saying: "I was just so scared I would lose you if it was mine."
"With his absolute disinterest in her, how likely is it that he would suddenly think, after all this, that 'I must give Victoria a treat and give her something she really wants to do like parachuting'?"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ng-tinder-affair-tried-murder-wife-tampering/
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Opening the prosecution case, Michael Bowes QC said Cilliers had shown callousness and contempt towards his wife, a physiotherapist working with the British army. He said Cilliers, of the Royal Army Physical Training Corps, was heavily in debt and that his wife had changed her will because she was concerned about his handling of the family’s finances.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The jury of nine women and three men was given a bundle of documents containing details of social media messages that the prosecution claims showed Cilliers’s state of mind at the time of the attempted murders, in March and April 2015.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bowes said Cilliers had begun a relationship with Stefanie Goller after meeting her via Tinder in November 2014. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The court heard that he had lied to Goller in saying he had left his wife four months before. He had said: “I will sacrifice and give up so much for you.”

At the end of February Goller expressed concern that he and she would be seen as the “bad guys” but Cilliers reassured her: “I promise this will be water under the bridge very soon.”

Bowes said other messages showed Cilliers was also having sexual relations with his former wife, Carly. The prosecutor said he would not read out the text messages between them as they were explicit but he added: “They discussed what they are going to do and what they had done.”

read more ;

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...attempted-of-wife-tampered-with-her-parachute[/FONT]

I think the case sounds very strong. He thinks he's getting away with this - here's what he tweeted on 20th Feb when the trial was put back at his own legal team's request to prepare expert reports -

[FONT=&quot]More delays!! When will this ever end!

https://twitter.com/EmileCilliers80
[/FONT]

He explained that Mrs Cilliers needed to use hire equipment because her own parachute was away to be inspected.

He said the defendant collected a parachute for his wife and during the afternoon took it into the men's toilets at the base, which is when the prosecution claim he tampered with it.

Mr Bowes said:

"It's heavy, it's bulky, there is absolutely no reason to take it in there at all."

"The weather was so poor that afternoon that Victoria couldn't jump, the cloud base was too low.

Mr Bowes said Cilliers then arranged to keep it overnight in his wife's locker against normal procedures at the base where its parachutes were always returned to the kit room overnight.

Mr Bowes said that, out of character, Cilliers kept a track on the weather forecast for his wife's jump that afternoon.

Experts at the airfield had never seen such an entangled parachute and believed it could only be in that state if it had been tampered with.
Mr Bowes said the British Parachute Association said there had never been an accident caused by slinks breaking and added:
"To the board's knowledge there has never been an incident of main and reserve parachutes failing to operate in many millions of jumps."
He added:
"Emile Cilliers had the opportunity to tamper with the parachute and he had the expertise to do so having trained as a packer and having undergone training on the checking of parachute reserve equipment.

http://www.forces.net/news/army-sergeant-removed-parachute-parts-attempt-murder-his-wife-court-hears

She must feel like a cat with 9 lives.

slinks_reserve__47267.1394071841.380.380.jpg

Parachute slinks. Could have flushed them away.

I think the case sounds very strong. He thinks he's getting away with this - here's what he tweeted on 20th Feb when the trial was put back at his own legal team's request to prepare expert reports -

[FONT=&amp]More delays!! When will this ever end!

https://twitter.com/EmileCilliers80
[/FONT]
Surprised how active he still is on twitter. And life goes on as normal, entering army rowing competitions and playing pub cricket. I think you're right, he thinks he's going to get off.

Victoria, in a message to her husband read out in court, said: 'Did you alter the gas lever into the cooker this am [sic] and there is dry blood around the lever.'
He replied: 'That is weird. Is the stove working?'
She then answered: 'No, I did not want to try. I've opened back door.'

Describing the 'near-fatal' jump, Mr Bowes said: 'She exited the plane without any difficulty and pulled the parachute straight away.
'It seems she realised something wasn't right in how the parachute was deployed so she cut away the main so (as) to let the main canopy go.
'She then pulled the release mechanism to activate the reserve parachute, she knew something was wrong with the reserve because it went into a spin. Then everything went black.'

Mr Bowes said that in messages with Miss Goller, Cilliers suggests the chief rigger Alan Westley, who previously inspected the parachute, might be to blame for the faulty parachute.
He also discussed with Miss Goller a fake theory that Victoria had an affair with Mr Westley and could have been the 'real father' of his child.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sabotaged-wife-s-parachute.html#ixzz4uZUZl6qZ

I wonder how she stopped the gas leak. Presumably the nut needed to be re-tightened, but prosecution say it didn't show signs of being tightened, only loosened. That's a bit of a mystery.

Looks like blood on the pliers too.

Good, detailed article on ITV, presumably by Rupert Evelyn. Don't think there's too much new but I can't remember seeing that it was within hours of the failed gas leak that EC suggested the parachute jump.

He said: "The prosecution case is Emile Cilliers attempted to kill her by means of a deliberate gas leak and within hours of that failed attempt, despite his complete disinterest by then to Victoria, he suggested that she might like to go parachuting the following weekend.

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-10-04/...by-removing-vital-parachute-parts-court-told/

Mark Bayada, chief instructor within the Army Parachute Association at the airfield camp in Netheravon, who is one of the longest serving chief instructors in the country, told Winchester Crown Court today: 'She is a highly competent parachutist.

'She is a qualified accelerated freefall instructor which is the hardest qualification to obtain.
'She is in the top per cent of competency in the country. She is absolutely brilliant as an instructor. Even while pregnant she continued doing ground basic instructing.

'She has no recorded safety incident in her profile and is top notch.'

He described Mrs Cilliers as a 'quiet, unassuming, intelligent' woman who 'just got on with it'.
The two vital pieces of equipment missing from Mrs Cilliers' parachute would be 'impossible to have come off by mistake'.

[...]

Mr Bayada said: 'The slinks are very simple devices to allow us to connect the lines (of the parachute) to the risers (a strip of webbing joining the parachute harness to the lines) .

'Before this, it was metal links then these came out. They are much more user-friendly and much stronger than metal links and once they are on, they do not come off.'

Mr Bayada, who served as part of the Military Parachute Regiment and has completed some 5,000 jumps, said: 'It does not matter how hard you pull the slink, it actually tightens the loop around the tab because it is pulling on itself so it absolutely cannot come undone.'

He added: 'It is critical to check the slinks because if the parachute is not connected to the harness it will not save your life.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Army-sergeant-s-wife-brilliant-skydiver.html

More evidence from Mr Bayada at link.

In any case it's impossible to believe two slinks would malfunction together. And if by the remotest of possibilities they did, the chances of them both disappearing completely and not being left dangling in the lines has to be nil.

I noticed they haven't said what caused the main parachute to fail.

I wonder why she didn't check the slinks - as he said it is critical to check them. Or if there is some procedure in the store room to check them before issuing them.

I get the feeling these were both hurriedly made decisions, not well planned at all. He left blood on the gas pipe - so obviously didn't wear gloves. Perhaps he thought it wouldn't matter because it would be burned in the explosion. Suggesting she check the stove to see if it worked is just plain ridiculous. Anybody in their right mind would say don't light a flame. She could have been holding the baby too. Why they haven't charged him with 3 attempted murders I don't know. Reckless endangerment to the children's lives doesn't sound sufficient for those little ones. I suppose he only put her in the plane with the damaged chute but nevertheless had the gas pipe caused an explosion he hadn't taken any measures to stop them being killed with their mum. He wasn't in the house to rescue them.

I wonder why she didn't check the slinks - as he said it is critical to check them. Or if there is some procedure in the store room to check them before issuing them.

RSBM

I don't know how it works, but possibly it's the 'chief rigger' who is responsible for checking them.

Mr Bowes said that in messages with Miss Goller, Cilliers suggests the chief rigger Alan Westley, who previously inspected the parachute, might be to blame for the faulty parachute.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-gas-pictured-wedding-day.html#ixzz4ueK7uuks
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Hopefully we get some decent reporting and it gets a bit clearer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back