Identified! PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #2 - Evelyn Colon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting so confused about all the different recons....from almost an African American/white mix, to some kind of Italian look, to the last CarlK recon....

It is my believe that this girl was not reported missing. LE did so much searching on international databases, comparing dna, hopes up this case will be solved one day.

Because of the facial mutilation, it's hard to know exactly how she looked.

Think baby's father orchestrated this. Didn't want to be a dad...as time of delivery grew near, he started planning her disposal. WSR and numbers must be significant since victim thought it was important enough to write down. Maybe directions...west south right? Route numbers?

Maybe "west state route"...

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/mc-carbon-county-beth-doe-20141129-story.html An interesting artikel, some peaces from it about the isotopes.

The findings suggest the woman found at the bottom of a bridge wasn't a local girl. Rather, she probably came from western or central Europe. She likely moved to the United States as a child or teen and lived somewhere in the Southeast.

If the findings are correct, Beth Doe was born and spent her early childhood in western or central Europe. She moved to the United States as a child or a teenager. She spent at least five to 10 years in the United States before her murder.
She also most likely became pregnant in this country. And she probably lived in the Southeast, possibly somewhere in eastern Tennessee.
The science is inexact, McAndrew said, although there is no telling what breakthrough will lead them down the proper path toward identifying Beth Doe. Already, McAndrew and his fellow officers are using the evidence to look into missing persons cases in the Southeast.

So she came to the USA between 1966 and 1971, born between 1954 and 1960.
I would add that while she might be European, she might be the child of a US serviceperson stationed at any of the NATO bases in the isotope region. I've seen estimates of 600,000 or more serving plus a million or more dependents during the height of the cold war. She could have been born on base, gone to the American school, and never learned a word of a foreign language.

I hadn't seen the information for the baby before. It sounds like whatever Beth's origin, she must have been in the southeast until very shortly before she died.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I can only imagine how difficult it must be to reconstruct a face with no ears and nose.
Maybe she was from outside the US and staying here as an exchange student or with relatives.

I'm looking at old newspaper articles from TN. I don't see Geraldine Fisher in namus.

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/36606454/

A local woman is being sought by police afliT she li'fl home Thursday afternoon, then called later in the even- inn to say she hurt heen raped and beaten: Geraldine Kisher. 20. daughter of Klgia Philips of Big Stone Gap. left home at 2 p.m. Thursday bound for Indianapolis, according to her sister Thelma McCicc. Ms. Fisher telephoned her about K p.m. Thursday and said she had heen raped and beaten hy a man who gave her a ride, Ms. McGeesaid. A spokesman for the Virginia Slate Police .said a missing persons report is being circulated cm the woman, and that the possibility of foul play exists. Ms. Fisher is white. 5 feet, i Inches tall, weighs 145 pounds and has shoulder-lenglh brown hair unil brown eyes, her sister said. Anyone w i t h i n f o r m a t i o n concerning Ms, Fisher should vontact Elgin Philips at 523-1

I found a grave for Elgia F. Phillips in Big Stone Gap. The F looks like a typo and it should be an E. https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=pv&GRid=114640443

Anyway, his wife was Rosa Helen Phillips and I found an obituary for her: http://www.thecoalfieldprogress.com/rosa-helen-phillips/article_e9508d3f-bec7-55cf-beda-7af2adea24c7.html

It read: She is survived by four daughters, Bobbie Hensley and Thelma Phillips, Big Stone Gap, Geraldine Bullington, Norfolk, and Sherrie Russell, Kingsport, Tenn.; several grandchildren and great grandchildren; one sister, Pebble Fig, Osaka; and one brother, James Stanley, Derby; several nieces and nephews.

So it sounds like that Geraldine may have still been alive July 10, 2008. I couldn't find any connection to the Fisher name for Geraldine but it sounds like it's the same person.

That really looked like an exciting find!

attachment.php

The actual paper says Geraldine was 29. She would have been 30-31 when Beth Doe was killed. Too old, IMO, for her to be Beth.

Moot point since it does appear that Geraldine returned home at some point.

Attachments

• Fisher, Geraldine.JPG
    Fisher, Geraldine.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 173
This case is a little confusing......on one hand, you have the killer who was obviously worried that she could be identified so he dismembered her, cut off facial features, and removed her breasts...but on the flip side, you have a late term pregnant woman still unrecognized!
Neighbors? The community...friends.
I would be asking around if I knew of a pregnant woman who was about to give birth that suddenly..vanished.

thanks for looking further....i don't have a subscription to newspapers.com - glad to hear she was found

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/112010037/

2 Girls, 14, Missing Since Last Tuesday Alice Mae Travis, 14, of Goodlettsville, and her out-of-.town guest, Mary Lou Hixon, of Lyles, Tenn., have been reported missing since Tuesday . The Travis girl, an 8th grader at Goodlettsville Junior High, is discribed as being 5-feet tall, and weighing. 100 pounds. She has long blond wavy hair and blue eyes. She was wearing blue jeans and an orange halter. THE HIXON GIRL is described as being 5-feet-2-inches and thin, with dark brown hair. She was also wearing blue jeans.- The two girls were last, seen ;at a Rivergate movie theater where they had gone to see a 7 p.m. movie Tuesday.

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/111728356/

Girl Missing On Bus Trip McMINNVILLE, Tenn. Police in three states are searching for a 17- year-old girl who failed to arrive here aboard a bus she boarded Friday in South Bend, Ind. Indiana State Police said Penny Hand, who had about $300 in her wallet when she left South Bend, was to have arrived here shortly after 8 a.m. Saturday to visit her aunt and uncle. THE GIRL'S father, Robert Hand, said yesterday he last saw his daughter at the South Bend bus station. Her route, police said, would have taken her through Indianapolis with a bus change en route. "I don't think she ever got here myself," said Mrs. Paul Watson, the girl's aunt, whose husband owns a McMinnville furniture moving outfit. "We don't have any idea what could have happened to her." Mrs. Watson said her niece was to spend the week at their McMinnville home and then go on to Texas to visit other relatives. The girl was described as about five feet, six inches tall with brown hair and eyes and a dark

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/111712603/

Sherry Roberts "Without shoes, money" Girl, 12, Reported Missing Sherry Roberts, 12, has been missing since Wednesday night, her mother, Mrs. Lois Crawford of 3417 Lebanon Road, said yesterday. "She left here after we had an argument on Wednesday night," her mother said. "She didn't have any shoes on or any money." Mrs. Crawford described her daughter as being 5 feet, 5 inches tall and of medium weight. She has shoulder-length brown hair, cut short in the front, green eyes and a dark tan. Sherry is beleived to have runaway with a friend, also 12.

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/111728356/

Girl Missing On Bus Trip McMINNVILLE, Tenn. Police in three states are searching for a 17- year-old girl who failed to arrive here aboard a bus she boarded Friday in South Bend, Ind. Indiana State Police said Penny Hand, who had about $300 in her wallet when she left South Bend, was to have arrived here shortly after 8 a.m. Saturday to visit her aunt and uncle. THE GIRL'S father, Robert Hand, said yesterday he last saw his daughter at the South Bend bus station. Her route, police said, would have taken her through Indianapolis with a bus change en route. "I don't think she ever got here myself," said Mrs. Paul Watson, the girl's aunt, whose husband owns a McMinnville furniture moving outfit. "We don't have any idea what could have happened to her." Mrs. Watson said her niece was to spend the week at their McMinnville home and then go on to Texas to visit other relatives. The girl was described as about five feet, six inches tall with brown hair and eyes and a dark

Penny/Pennie was found. Subsequent articles spelled her name Pennie. Her father's obit has her listed as "survived by Pennie Butterworth of Niles". She's widowed now and has a fb page.

I don't think a random killer would choose a full term pregnant woman as his victim. This seems like a personal killing. They went to great lengths to hide her identity. My thoughts it was planned out. From the location to dismembering. Father of child not wanting to be a dad or family member who was against the pregnancy maybe due to religious beliefs...

Writing on the hand....wsr and a series of numbers...wonder if she was distracted or interrupted and not able to finish writing...maybe it was going to be a phone numb or address? If she was not from PA, but a surrounding state..example..NY, DE...the writing meant something..read it was done in close proximity to death.

I don't think a random killer would choose a full term pregnant woman as his victim. This seems like a personal killing. They went to great lengths to hide her identity. My thoughts it was planned out. From the location to dismembering. Father of child not wanting to be a dad or family member who was against the pregnancy maybe due to religious beliefs...

Why would you think a random killer wouldn't chose a full term pregnany woman as his victim?

Although an angry lover cannot be ruled out certainly, most domestic murders don't end up with chopped on limbs.

It could be a torso murderer. He is an excerpt of an article on torso killers...

The third most common category is usually referred to as an ‘offensive’ mutilation where the dismemberment is in fact the real purpose of the murder all along, and these include lust and necro-sadistic murders. Those driven by primarily sexual motives mutilate the corpse in characteristic ways, Konopka, Kunz and colleagues report, for example severing genital organs or breasts. Some perpetrators pull out abdominal organs through the disfigured genital tract. Death by strangling is apparently very common in this kind of homicide.

Writing on the hand....wsr and a series of numbers...wonder if she was distracted or interrupted and not able to finish writing...maybe it was going to be a phone numb or address? If she was not from PA, but a surrounding state..example..NY, DE...the writing meant something..read it was done in close proximity to death.

I think it is an address, its the most obvious answer. Addresses and phone numbers are the most common thing written on hands before the common ownership of cell phones anyway. WSR are the initials of the road, numbers are the exact building.

WSR could be West S______ Road for example.

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/111712603/

Sherry Roberts "Without shoes, money" Girl, 12, Reported Missing Sherry Roberts, 12, has been missing since Wednesday night, her mother, Mrs. Lois Crawford of 3417 Lebanon Road, said yesterday. "She left here after we had an argument on Wednesday night," her mother said. "She didn't have any shoes on or any money." Mrs. Crawford described her daughter as being 5 feet, 5 inches tall and of medium weight. She has shoulder-length brown hair, cut short in the front, green eyes and a dark tan. Sherry is beleived to have runaway with a friend, also 12.

I have searched and searched and I cannot find a single thing about what happened to Sherry Roberts. The only other mention I can find in newspaper of her is in her brother's obituary where she is listed as preceding him in death. I have spent almost a month trying to figure out if she never came back and she wasn't found and assumed dead, looking for MP articles on her, anything... I know this is a rabbit hole and not Sherry's thread but I hate loose ends.

Is there a pic of the wsr writing on her hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson