MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 ; Quinton Tellis Indicted - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...f-jessica-chambers-killing-suspect/688753001/

jury selection will begin Oct. 9 in Magnolia, a Pike County town of about 2,000 along the Louisiana border.

Once selected, jurors and alternates will be transported to Batesville, in North Mississippi's Panola County, and sequestered for the duration of the trial, which is expected to last up to 14 days. Prosecutors have subpoenaed about 40 witnesses

Champion said Circuit Judge Gerald Chatham's plan is to complete jury selection in a day, move jurors the roughly 230 miles up Interstate 55 that evening and begin testimony in Batesville the next day, Oct. 10

CNN will have a special on this case on Sat. Oct7th..I didn't catch the time..I started reading about this case and had to stop and I won't watch this special. The PAIN this poor young woman experienced by having lighter fluid pored down her throat and nose and set on fire and lived for a short time after...I have to force my mind not to think about it. I won't read anything during the trial but hope to see GUILTY and then he is set on fire in the courtroom. moo

[video=twitter;915604311903674368]https://twitter.com/CCLawNewz/status/915604311903674368[/video]

http://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...f-jessica-chambers-killing-suspect/688753001/

jury selection will begin Oct. 9 in Magnolia, a Pike County town of about 2,000 along the Louisiana border.

Once selected, jurors and alternates will be transported to Batesville, in North Mississippi's Panola County, and sequestered for the duration of the trial, which is expected to last up to 14 days. Prosecutors have subpoenaed about 40 witnesses

Champion said Circuit Judge Gerald Chatham's plan is to complete jury selection in a day, move jurors the roughly 230 miles up Interstate 55 that evening and begin testimony in Batesville the next day, Oct. 10

Side note- Gerald Chatham is a relative of mine.

CNN will have a special on this case on Sat. Oct7th..I didn't catch the time..I started reading about this case and had to stop and I won't watch this special. The PAIN this poor young woman experienced by having lighter fluid pored down her throat and nose and set on fire and lived for a short time after...I have to force my mind not to think about it. I won't read anything during the trial but hope to see GUILTY and then he is set on fire in the courtroom. moo
It's on @8pm edt

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

http://people.com/crime/jessica-chambers-quinton-tellis-trial-murder/

“We knew he was the last person she was with,” prosecutor John Champion alleged at the time. “We came to the realization that he was with her at 6 o’clock. Their phones were absolutely together in Batesville.”

“We found out he was in Louisiana in jail down there and one thing led to another, and he kept lying to us, and every time we’d bust his lies, he’d change his story, and he basically put himself with Jessica until 7:26,” Champion added. “We know she was on the scene until 7:31. So the chances of her being with somebody else for four minutes just doesn’t make sense.”

I'm really confused on how this is supposed to happen. Jurors get selected and then shipped out. What about two weeks of clothes and personal items, etc? Will they be allowed to go home to gather their belongings?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm really confused on how this is supposed to happen. Jurors get selected and then shipped out. What about two weeks of clothes and personal items, etc? Will they be allowed to go home to gather their belongings?

That’s a very good question. I don’t know the answer, but maybe someone else here will fill us in on how that works.

Interested in hearing and seeing evidence. All I know is that it took an inordinate amount of time to hone in on Tellis, if it was known very early on that he was the last person to be with Jessica......I guess I have to trust that prosecutor is sure of his case...but so many things don't add up. The extra gas in the tank......the gas used to immolate JC and the car, the statements made by Sha Sha, the long phonecall w JC's mom, the phonecall or text that prompted JC to head out in the first place, etc, etc, etc. Still very mysterious. JMO

Trial will probably cost a quarter of million dollars. Oui? Could the trial expenses bankrupt Panola County?

Checking the map, Pike County is not that far from Gulfport, MS, as a crow flies, where Hurricane Nate is arriving soon. Praying it continues tracking East to avoid MS. If not, the jurors may not have electricity in their homes when the selection begins on Monday.

I don't think I could handle a postponement of this trial.

Remember the CNN Special this evening.
Happy Hour, Anyone? :toastred: Cheers at Nine!

Trial will probably cost a quarter of million dollars. Oui? Could the trial expenses bankrupt Panola County?

Checking the map, Pike County is not that far from Gulfport, MS, as a crow flies, where Hurricane Nate is arriving soon. Praying it continues tracking East to avoid MS. If not, the jurors may not have electricity in their homes when the selection begins on Monday.

I don't think I could handle a postponement of this trial.

The show on CNN isn't going to air tonight because of the hurricane.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

yes of course or they may have been instructed to bring it with them, depending on how many were in the jury pool

YUP Bummer......they managed to air the 9pm show, though. GRRRR. JMO

In lieu of the eagerly anticipated special, waited over a week to watch, they are showing me radar of the storms which can easily be found by watching the Weather Channel. Certified activist, though, who phoned CNN to politely lodge my complaint. Operator informed it will be rescheduled as I was not the only disappointed one.
CNN ph# 404-827-1500

Hang in there, Lisa and Ben. Lady Justice is patient. :scale:

In lieu of the eagerly anticipated special, waited over a week to watch, they are showing me radar of the storms which can easily be found by watching the Weather Channel. Certified activist, though, who phoned CNN to politely lodge my complaint. Operator informed it will be rescheduled as I was not the only disappointed one.
CNN ph# 404-827-1500

Hang in there, Lisa and Ben. Lady Justice is patient. :scale:

CNN was also using other non Hurricane Nate, "breaking news" filler stories.
So I was starting to wonder if an editorial decision had been made not to show the special.

At any rate, in addition, to any CNN reschedule, the special will supposedly show as follows
on HLN. However, HLN has the same parent company as CNN, so who knows.

Sun 10/08 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM EDT
Tue 10/10 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM EDT
Tue 10/10 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM EDT

yes of course or they may have been instructed to bring it with them, depending on how many were in the jury pool

LadyL, MS has a 12 member criminal trial jury panel. DA Champion stated he needed "a few, 2 or 3, alternates". MS also requires a jury consistent of the defendant's peers. Hmmm.... My best guess is a jury pool of perhaps consist of 120 or so jury pool.

My, my, Inspector. Bringing back faded memories. The Gas Can Man lived across the street from M&M. I recall seeing him in a video bringing out the same gas can, he used to fill with gas at M&M, from his modest trailer, either to show LEO or Reporters.

Am I the only one curious about the long buildings attached to M&M? Wonder what is stored in those. Did AA live in them? Was it used for other purposes, such as, ....

QT was not released from jail until mid-October 2014. Could that be why there was difficulty in locating his current residence?

I walked down Carlisle using the map links provided in Post # 406, Thread 13 [link is in quoted post]. Saw Jessica's little brick home but Auntie Sha Sha lived across the street. When I visited the CS, her home was smaller than JCs and almost covered in overgrown shrubs and vines. Her former home, since she moved during the investigation, is no longer on that map.

Then, a little further down, on the same side of the street as LDs home, is Ben's home and business. It appears totally different on the map than it did during March 2015. It no longer has the same trampoline in the yard that we've seen pictures of Jessica when jumping on it. Ben's shop no longer has a cyclone fence surrounding it. There are no county vehicles parked there for repair, either. Hmmm....

Wish I had the time to conduct some investigating.

<snipped for clarity>

DeDee, bbbd4u & d4j, I just wanted to thank y'all for the heads up about the CNN special for Jessica.
I just happened to check in here after a few months and read what DeDee wrote about the show and y'all were so kind to relay the info about the cancellation and the new dates for the show, and I didn't even have to ask. I apologize if I left anyone out.

:tyou: :yourock:

Justice for Jessica :candle:

Published on Feb 17, 2015

According to DA Chambers Jessica was home, or near home, for most of the day up to a point at approximately 5:00pm when she left home to run errands as described by her mother Lisa Daugherty:

&#9830; Sometime shortly after 5:00pm Jessica received a phone call and she left home. The caller is identified and as a friend, and Champion said “no bearing on the case”.
&#9830; Her immediate travel took her to the M&M First Stop gas station where she was identified on CCTV at 5:24pm
&#9830; She then travels to a “residence” (confirmed “house”) shortly before 6:00pm where she stayed for 5-7 minutes.
&#9830; She leaves the residence (headed North) and at 6:10 pm is identified at SR #51 and Highway #6 in Batesville where she is identified in the area (via private CCTV) for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
&#9830; The timeline then puts Jessica back in Courtland area at 6:30pm (location not given) where a timeline void begins for almost an hour.
&#9830; At 7:31pm her phone is identified in the area where she was later found. It is assumed she is with the phone.
&#9830; From approximately 6:30pm to 7:31pm her activity and location, according to DA Champion, *is not known. This is the period he is requesting the public to provide assistance with.
&#9830; At 8:09pm a call to the fire department is made.
&#9830; At 8:13pm the Panola Volunteer fire department arrive. Within minutes, according to responding Fire Chief Cole Haley, he calls for a paramedic, an air ambulance, and a direct call for P1 (Sheriff Darby)
&#9830; At 9:30pm Jessica’s burned vehicle is photographed on a tow truck at M&M gas station.

http://www.fox13memphis.com/video?videoId=53070031&videoVersion=1.0
"We knew it was a local", DA Champion.
Will be interesting to see if the DA obtained more data about her Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads