Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #3

I thought so too but my opinion was based on my own experience of my late Border Collie mix, who was very intelligent, had an excellent sense of smell and could find me just about anywhere.

I remember Insp. Seel saying something along the lines of Elisa’s dog being missing may have been somewhat of a distraction to SAR operations. I can’t find a link so it may be in one of the pressers he gave.

I suppose dogs, like humans, are incredibly diverse individuals and the fact that Elisa’s dog may have been ‘lost’ could account for his/her distress. I saved a search on Google to look over when I have the time. It may help to answer your question.

https://www.google.com.au/search?dc...dsOrWAhXIVLwKHTE4BJUQvwUIISgA&biw=320&bih=454

Inspector Seel said police tracking dogs were not being used because it had been too many days and too many people had been walking in the area.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...r/news-story/d536644942a700774ace22805ab90ea6
Search continues for missing Melbourne mum Elisa Curry at Aireys Inlet

Inspector Seel said police tracking dogs were not being used because it had been too many days and too many people had been walking in the area.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...r/news-story/d536644942a700774ace22805ab90ea6
Search continues for missing Melbourne mum Elisa Curry at Aireys Inlet

Thanks soso. I remembered that much because we’ve heard the same irt another misper case in 2014. Do you remember where Insp. Seel talked about Elisa’s dog in particular and the fact that he/she was found missing on the same day as Elisa was a ‘distraction’ irt the search for her?

From the same site:

Authorities say the body was located at Point Roadknight - near Anglesea, with experts still trying to identify the person and their cause of death. At this stage investigators will not confirm a gender, and say it is too early to confirm any link to missing Melbourne Mum Elisa Curry.

Source: https://www.bay939.com.au/news/local-news/86019-human-remains-found-in-anglesea
Local News
[emoji767] bay 93.9 Geelong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks soso. I remembered that much because we’ve heard the same irt another misper case in 2014. Do you remember where Insp. Seel talked about Elisa’s dog in particular and the fact that he/she was found missing on the same day as Elisa was a ‘distraction’ irt the search for her?
Yes, I did hear Insp. Seel mention in two seperate radio interviews on 3AW that he felt the dog being missing, and turning up when it did, as being a "distraction", and he believed it was not relevant to the case. Both times it was during the morning show with Neil Mitchell, just in case you wanted to sift through archived program recordings :)

I'm still catching up on this thread, back on page 3 so forgive me if anyone has mentioned this in between. Towards the end of the previous thread, there was mention of a suicide, to which Horror replied in part (just copying across):

Can I also add sometimes they are at their best just before, unfortunately deluding us into thinking today is a "great day"

It reminded me - I remember reading that people who suicide can sometimes seem quite upbeat immediately before they do suicide, and it's because they've made the decision, and having made that decision brings them a feeling of relief and release. As strange as it sounds, they feel better for having made the decision.

I wish that was not the case with Elisa. I'd far rather think it was an accident.

Yes, I did hear Insp. Seel mention in two seperate radio interviews on 3AW that he felt the dog being missing, and turning up when it did, as being a "distraction", and he believed it was not relevant to the case. Both times it was during the morning show with Neil Mitchell, just in case you wanted to sift through archived program recordings :)

Thanks very much LC. I had a ‘picture’ of Insp. Seel speaking about this, rather than it being written in an MSM article.

ETA. And voila (and it was one of my posts too :D)

Mornings with Neil Mitchell
Police update Neil Mitchell on day five of Elisa Curry search
3AW

43 minutes ago (as at 11:40 AEST 5 October 2017)
Duration: 4:59

https://player.fm/series/mornings-w...il-mitchell-on-day-five-of-elisa-curry-search

I'm still catching up on this thread, back on page 3 so forgive me if anyone has mentioned this in between. Towards the end of the previous thread, there was mention of a suicide, to which Horror replied in part (just copying across):

It reminded me - I remember reading that people who suicide can sometimes seem quite upbeat immediately before they do suicide, and it's because they've made the decision, and having made that decision brings them a feeling of relief and release. As strange as it sounds, they feel better for having made the decision.

I wish that was not the case with Elisa. I'd far rather think it was an accident.
RBBM

I agree, Fluffy.
In many cases, the torment and inner conflict gives way to a calm acceptance, once the decision is actually made.
Between the decision and the deed, there is often a period of renewed happiness and lightheartedness.

This is why many are shocked and confused when a loved one actually suicides, believing they had returned to their 'normal' happy self.

Regarding the timeline of dog. If the dog was with Elisa and they went out together on Sunday and the remains found are actually identified as being Elisa, and the dog was with Elisa when she died. How long would it take for the dog to find its way back home by itself. Would that fit with the dog being discovered late Monday afternoon.

It is still a mystery as to why the dog was not discovered earlier by search parties unless they were searching west and North of house and not east where remains have been located.

I hope everyone feels welcome to come back and contribute. I know i enjoy reading a wide range of perspectives
As I see it, other than the discovery of an unidentified body on the beach, there's been no new information about Elisa's disappearance for a while now.

Silent waiting....

I personally feel that DC is not involved in Elisa's death as I'm feeling it's suicide. The children have already lost their Mum in tragic circumstances and they need their Dad right now and in the future.

What a horrible thought that if he was found guilty (which I don't honestly think he is) who would take care of the 3 children, as Elisa only has a brother and her Mum is deceased (unlike Allison Baden-Clay's 3 girls who are being loved and cared for by their grandparents and they also have Allison's brother and sister as well).

On another subject and not nitpicking, as DC is a well educated man with a high profile career, I couldn't help but notice in his presser that at the beginning of it, he said "I and my children" when normally you would say "My children and I". Maybe it's just me who thinks it's odd !!! MOO

You dont know what goes on behind closed doors unless you happen to be at a public venue where a guy doesn't realise he's been witnessed in action and her response witnessed.

Whàngarei;13687705 said:
I and my children for an educated man,.Hes rattled.

"I and my children" is a more archaic, that is, a more formal old fashioned way of saying it... these days seen mostly in books like the Bible and in a number of older style English novels and biographies etc...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back