GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have another question about the cell phones--the answer may be obvious, but not to me.

In a case like this, assuming the family/ LE could gain ownership of the phone accounts, could they purchase new phones and reactivate the lines on the new devices? I guess it is more of a general question than necessarily specific to this case, but I could see how it might provide useful information.

I have another question about the cell phones--the answer may be obvious, but not to me.

In a case like this, assuming the family/ LE could gain ownership of the phone accounts, could they purchase new phones and reactivate the lines on the new devices? I guess it is more of a general question than necessarily specific to this case, but I could see how it might provide useful information.
Jenna's t.mobile phone was on the family plan so they already have ownership of that one. The metro pcs phone was in the name of Ruth Jenna so they may have problems accessing that one. Sounds like LE have some info on both phones now so let's see if they share it with the family.

That is what I'm thinking. Why would he go through the process of adding her to the lease if he's doing something like that? Has anyone talked to the apartment manager to see how and when Jenna was on the lease?

If it's his place, he was there first and he let her stay there temporarily, one would think he'd still be living there. Is he still there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just googled Lenox Woods apartments and they have an informative website with contact details so I cannot see why family or LE have not been able to deal with them to get what they need. 1, 2 and 3 bed apartments and only $300 deposits required.

Throwing this out to spark other lines of thought...
Could Jenna have been in a romantic relationship with roommate? If they shared a bed, that would explain the lack of a second bed.
If roommate was someone that the parents may not have approved of, or Jenna told him she didn't want her parents to know she was in a relationship with him, maybe that's why she said she was sleeping on the couch. If he is a drug dealer, that could explain why he wouldn't let anyone into his house w/out a search warrant.
However, if he was in a relationship with her, I would think he would be more willing to help find her. Then again, maybe she planned to leave and asked him to cover for her?
subie, if you have Jenna's gmail info, you could download the underlying geolocation data. That should tell you longitude, latitude, timestamps, google's guess at the method of travel, and the program's accuracy and confidency figures.

I just googled Lenox Woods apartments and they have an informative website with contact details so I cannot see why family or LE have not been able to deal with them to get what they need. 1, 2 and 3 bed apartments and only $300 deposits required.

It looks like for $50 you can do an online application. I'm not seeing anything that would prohibit her from getting the apartment. It does ask about employment but who knows if this place calls to verify anything.

There's also a guarantor area where you can add the name of a person who will be responsible for the rent but is not living there. So I would think this is where people might name a parent or other relative.

It does ask for the email address of anyone over 18 who is living there. An email. That's it. It doesn't mention that they have to be on the lease.

It looks like for $50 you can do an online application. I'm not seeing anything that would prohibit her from getting the apartment. It does ask about employment but who knows if this place calls to verify anything.

There's also a guarantor area where you can add the name of a person who will be responsible for the rent but is not living there. So I would think this is where people might name a parent or other relative.

It does ask for the email address of anyone over 18 who is living there. An email. That's it. It doesn't mention that they have to be on the lease.

There is a document that you can google called "statement of rental policy" for that property management company. The link I found is for another property managed by the same company, but it's hard to imagine that they use different criteria for different properties.

The policy statement indicates that they qualify all applicants via 1) credit report, 2) criminal background check, 3) income (gross income is 3x monthly rent), and 4) employment history. It also says that roommates have to substantiate that their gross income is 65% of 3x monthly rent.

It also states that anyone over 18 who is financially independent of the applicant must apply and be accepted as a Lessee and be listed on the lease agreement.

Whether the property management company actually follows the procedures they outline may be a different story. I'm pretty sure that the family obtained Jenna's credit report, and that should provide information about whether soft or hard inquiries were pulled on her credit.

I think the family, LE and PI's do know a lot more and not sharing because they don't want to jeopardize Jenna or the case. We are going round and round on theories (no judgment here) but not knowing facts (where did her phone pinged the last time, when (time and date) did somebody really saw her the last time alive etc, what was in the recording, who communicated with who, by what device) is not getting us further. Subie if there is anything for real where we can sleuth on, help you to get information, I would gladly put more energy in it. How can we help you getting closer to find Jenna? What contribution is worthwhile for you?

There is a document that you can google called "statement of rental policy" for that property management company. The link I found is for another property managed by the same company, but it's hard to imagine that they use different criteria for different properties.

The policy statement indicates that they qualify all applicants via 1) credit report, 2) criminal background check, 3) income (gross income is 3x monthly rent), and 4) employment history. It also says that roommates have to substantiate that their gross income is 65% of 3x monthly rent.

It also states that anyone over 18 who is financially independent of the applicant must apply and be accepted as a Lessee and be listed on the lease agreement.

Whether the property management company actually follows the procedures they outline may be a different story. I'm pretty sure that the family obtained Jenna's credit report, and that should provide information about whether soft or hard inquiries were pulled on her credit.

Assuming that the family knows her SS# they can go to creditkarma.com which is 100% free and from there they can see open accounts, inquires, etc. incredibly useful website.

Throwing this out to spark other lines of thought...
Could Jenna have been in a romantic relationship with roommate? If they shared a bed, that would explain the lack of a second bed.
If roommate was someone that the parents may not have approved of, or Jenna told him she didn't want her parents to know she was in a relationship with him, maybe that's why she said she was sleeping on the couch. If he is a drug dealer, that could explain why he wouldn't let anyone into his house w/out a search warrant.
However, if he was in a relationship with her, I would think he would be more willing to help find her. Then again, maybe she planned to leave and asked him to cover for her?
subie, if you have Jenna's gmail info, you could download the underlying geolocation data. That should tell you longitude, latitude, timestamps, google's guess at the method of travel, and the program's accuracy and confidency figures.

I guess if it was a relationship, why did he make it sound like he was doing her a favor by letting her stay there? He told her family it was supposed to be temporary until she found another place. I don't understand the motive for saying that if it's not true. Could it be to give the impression - like the ex - that he was the one wanting out the situation - not the other way around?

Assuming that the family knows her SS# they can go to creditkarma.com which is 100% free and from there they can see open accounts, inquires, etc. incredibly useful website.
It is a good start, but CK shows only hard inquiries, not soft inquiries, and for only two of the CRAs.

I think the family, LE and PI's do know a lot more and not sharing because they don't want to jeopardize Jenna or the case. We are going round and round on theories (no judgment here) but not knowing facts (where did her phone pinged the last time, when (time and date) did somebody really saw her the last time alive etc, what was in the recording, who communicated with who, by what device) is not getting us further. Subie if there is anything for real where we can sleuth on, help you to get information, I would gladly put more energy in it. How can we help you getting closer to find Jenna? What contribution is worthwhile for you?
Today is the first time we have found out info about the lease just by googling it so I disagree there is nothing we can do. Unfortunately Subie's info is sparse and I do not know if it is because of witholding ( at the request of LE or PI) or because they actually do not know the info. This info about the lease should have been available immediately and access given to the family immediately IMO. It is nearly two months and nobody knows where she was sleeping? Is it a 1 2 or 3 bed apartment ? How many people lived there? Who are they? The management company will know.

I agree. There really is not much to do on this case except theorize. I am going to bow out for awhile. Hopefully LE have some good leads they are following. We are lucky to have ping data these days (versus 30 years ago when another Atlantan Julie Love disappeared). I am very curious about the last pings. It is possible that the ping data may lead down a completely different path than all the theories so far and we will all be very surprised.

Imo there was always an open question (go back to my timeline) what about the lease?...never mind.....I didn't say there is nothing we can do....so what is the additional info about the lease? and I agree should be available..so what are you adding? What is your point?

I have a couple of questions that maybe Subie can answer? I'm curious about the background/history of Jenna's apartment.

Have you been able to look at the lease document or gain any information from property management? Specifically, do you have information about when the lease was first initiated? Had that apartment been rented for some period of time before Jenna was added to the lease? If so, was it always to the roommate, or was anyone else ever on the lease? When was Jenna added? At inception, or after some period of time? Does the document characterize Jenna's "role" (for lack of a better word)-- was she personally financially responsible for the apartment or was she added as just an occupant?

What was the apartment size? How many bedrooms/baths?

Secondly, I would imagine that the roommate's name and other info is known to the family. Has any sleuthing been done on this person's background? Any criminal history/arrest record? What is his height/build?

It is a very concerning detail that the bed/linens appear to be missing.

Agree with bed/bed linens being incredibly concerning. Why not try to get dogs out in the area to try to find the mattress, which may have been dumped nearby? I cannot stop thinking about this girl and hoping that she is found.

Checking out....will follow...Subie take care.....please find your beautiful sister...love and hugs...*advertiser censored*

Imo there was always an open question (go back to my timeline) what about the lease?...never mind.....I didn't say there is nothing we can do....so what is the additional info about the lease? and I agree should be available..so what are you adding? What is your point?

To whom are you addressing these questions? me?

Btw you get a mention on Lordan arts Brainscratch video. Have you seen it?

I have a question Subie: Would Jenna use the term "laying down" at 2am? or any time? It's not something one of mine would text- and my 25 yr old is pretty similar. It has bothered me from the beginning. Mine shoot off= "going to bed" "tired, ttyl"... "I'm whipped"....etc

I have a question Subie: Would Jenna use the term "laying down" at 2am? or any time? It's not something one of mine would text- and my 25 yr old is pretty similar. It has bothered me from the beginning. Mine shoot off= "going to bed" "tired, ttyl"... "I'm whipped"....etc
Her sc friend said that was not normal for her that she would either not respond if she was already asleep of course or send something more detailed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Her sc friend said that was not normal for her that she would either not respond if she was already asleep of course or send something more detailed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
That's exactly what I was thinking when I read that - a very unusual way of putting it - I think bet few people would use that term.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members