Deceased/Not Found UK - Margaret Fleming, 19, Inverclyde, Scotland, 17 Dec 1999 *Guilty*

The dingy in that picture probably belongs to the end house and would likely be used to get access to a boat that was anchored a bit further out.

The firth is quite deep about 300 metres in parts. Scotland has very deep water and lochs due to the way glaciers formed the landscape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the firth of Clyde deep enough?

It has some very deep parts and some very shallow parts. The bottom is also very silty, especially in the upper part north of Arran up towards Greenock. Dredgers are always at work keeping the shipping channel clear. An object could easily be merged with the seabed.

So was Margaret Cairney also Margaret Fleming's carer? Or did she and her husband live separately?
Could Margaret Cairney have actually been Margaret Fleming? Sorry I am late to this mystery but just read first wife died in 2004. What was her maiden name?

Could Margaret Cairney have actually been Margaret Fleming? Sorry I am late to this mystery but just read first wife died in 2004. What was her maiden name?

Do we know when his first wife was born?

Died 2004 aged 60 I believe

@ Shiresleuth ^^^^ #425.

Seems highly unlikely - but always worth thinking outside the box

ETA - having many computer probs but trying to answer SS)

I don't think so, I'm useless with genealogy stuff, but apparently MC was about 60 when she passed. (Thanks to bluebird for the research.)

The thing I really want to see is the will/probate of MF's father. Unfortunately they don't seem to be available to order online like in England. From what I can find you physically have to go to the records office in Edinburgh.

Did Eddie and Margaret have any children? What were the two Margarets middle names and what was Margaret Cairney's maiden name ? Do we have that info? Did the two Margaret's live with Eddie at the house before Avril moved in? How long has Avril lived there and has she been married or have any children? Sorry lots of questions but I figured someone may already have this info. Just thinking the children may have remembered something.
Also, was Margaret Cairney interred or cremated in 2004 ?

The thing I really want to see is the will/probate of MF's father. Unfortunately they don't seem to be available to order online like in England. From what I can find you physically have to go to the records office in Edinburgh.

I can go and look it up, I was planning on going to Edinburgh soon anyway. Won't be for a couple of weeks though.

Has there been any photographs taken of Margaret by friends, family or carers in the last 17 years? Did she have social media presence or a phone (for emergencies perhaps).

Do the carers have social media or phones or cameras? Or video cameras? Photo albums?

So mum is called Margaret Fleming as well, I just read up thread? 3 Margarets
altogether. It also appears Margaret was not declared missing immediately. Has that changed and is she on the official missing list for Scotland now?

Still catching up - only about 10 pages to go.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-41542875

Interview with Margaret's carers. I don't even know where to begin in quoting the relevant parts. It's...astounding.

The reaction and look on AJ's face when she is asked "if Margaret were watching this now, what would you say to her" is priceless . She is blank faced and speechless-a wee bit peely wally- like me after seeing the interview.

This whole thing is like a Dickensian story.

So Margaret does have a phone then? So can they or LE phone her now?

In that recent interview EC says the police took their phones. That's promising - perhaps they will check out the call registers to check their story. If Margaret did indeed call them the phone will have a record.

Do you actually think they're telling the truth about the phone calls? I bloody don't!

I don't think so, I'm useless with genealogy stuff, but apparently MC was about 60 when she passed. (Thanks to bluebird for the research.)

Have you tried a search on here? https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/search-our-records

Do you actually think they're telling the truth about the phone calls? I bloody don't!
I don't know. But if police check the call registers and find they're lying they will then have evidence won't they? That's the whole point about what the police have been trying to do isn't it? They could also ask for Margaret's phone number seeing as she has phoned them a few times. :laughing:

So far I have found no death notice for Margaret Cairney in 2004. Has anyone else found anything?

Thanks for the link. For some reason I am getting a message saying "can't establish a secure connection" when I click. It may be cos I'm on a mobile. I get that message with some official sites, like LE too. Hopefully someone with a secure connection can try.

I can try, what names and dates am I looking for?

I did a marriage search for ec and m with no female surname between 1958 and 1997 eight matches and only one in greenock seems most likely match imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back