Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article117110028.html At this link you can listen to a partial clip of the dispatch call from the CHP where they say that she is chained to something. It does not make sense to me that they would be saying she is chained to something, if the something is "herself".

The second interesting thing out of this call is that the caller is saying that she is on the northbound side of the I5 Freeway, to the south of Yolo. This is confusing to me, because when I look at google maps and the location of the Jehovah's Witness hall in relation to Yolo, I don't see how it can be described as anything other than north-west of Yolo. She must have had to run a long way down the freeway to be in a position where she can be described as "south of Yolo".

Scanner traffic is always unreliable. I don't know why it's so often wrong, but it is. I'm amazed police officers can find crime scenes at all.

I once lost a lot of weight because I was sick in hospital and couldn't eat. Lost about 40 lbs (down to 115 lbs). I had no energy when I was finally released.
I could barely walk a short distance.
She was down to 87 pounds, if I read correctly, when she was released.
Yet, she runs consistently quite well on the video...not just in one direction, but in the opposite direction (for whatever reason she turned around, to keep running).
Seems weird to me.

AFAIK KP is the only person who has said SP lost weight down to 87 pounds. He seems to be an exaggerator on other points. I have learned to take anything he says with a grain of salt. He has a flair for the dramatic.

"I don't think you can put a sticker or hallmark stamp on how much has gone into it, there's been a lot of work that we have exhausted, all legal investigative avenues," said Jackson.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sherri...shows-california-mother-before-she-was-found/

I am not sure what thsi means.
Does it mean there are no legal investigative avenues left?

That's odd because he also says:

"We are working on several leads currently that we have not been able to rule out or discount, so leads we are actively looking at, and we are moving forward in hopes of catching the captors," added Jackson.

Maybe the investigative avenues refers only to the video or when and where she was dropped off?

I once lost a lot of weight because I was sick in hospital and couldn't eat. Lost about 40 lbs (down to 115 lbs). I had no energy when I was finally released.
Yet, she runs consistently quite well on the video...not just in one direction, but in the opposite direction (for whatever reason she turned around, to keep running).
Seems weird to me.

Adrenaline is an amazing thing, and she was even carrying chains? JMO
She probably was very worn out for weeks later.

Adrenaline is an amazing thing, and she was even carrying chains? JMO
She probably was very worn out for weeks later.

"A" chain, not chains. Enough to go around her waist but it couldn't have been much longer or it wouldn't have stayed up. So we're talking maybe 3 feet of what an officer said was 1/4" chain. Depending on the grade of chain, it added at most 3 lbs. That would not be a hindrance to running.

"Woman's bizarre Thanksgiving abduction story in doubt after new video surfaces"

http://amp.wsbtv.com/news/trending-...tion-story-in-doubt-after-new-video/643363690

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wow. As much as I don't believe the Papinis, I'm appalled at the poor job many journalists are doing. No research, laziness at its worst. They spin an article to "cast doubt" to get more hits, even though the evidence doesn't support what they're saying.

I imagine it will put more pressure on the principals involved, and that might lead to a break in the case. But that doesn't excuse twisting facts into falsehoods - isn't that what many of us think the Papinis themselves are doing?

Yes, there was the case of the 6 year old girl. She described the voices of those who held her, the paint in the room, the porch, the pet, the smells.....

I had to find this to share:

https://www.fbi.gov/video-repository/fbi-seeks-wanted-serial-child-abductor.mp4/view

Halpern: The victim was taken from her Cleveland home while she was asleep back in May. The young girl was driven to a house with a bedroom she describes as having a picture or wallpaper of brown moose. Two dogs, one white and one brown, were at the unknown location. During the day, a man and woman entered the home, cooked chicken, and left. The suspect held the girl for 17 hours and then released her two miles from her home. Surveillance video shows the suspect drove a 2002 or 2003 dark Chevy Malibu with a light-colored front panel on the driver’s side.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Cleveland-21-May-2016/page3&highlight=elyria

Seems weird to me.

I'm sure a person's adrenaline would be pumping in a moment like that pretty hard. We've seen tortured, emaciated kids escape their torturers in worse condition. Remember young Kyle out here in California?

Wow. As much as I don't believe the Papinis, I'm appalled at the poor job many journalists are doing. No research, laziness at its worst. They spin an article to "cast doubt" to get more hits, even though the evidence doesn't support what they're saying.

I imagine it will put more pressure on the principals involved, and that might lead to a break in the case. But that doesn't excuse twisting facts into falsehoods - isn't that what many of us think the Papinis themselves are doing?

Yeah there are holes in this case but come on.

Agree. I'm not even reading any "new" articles unless I hear from someone here that LE has made a new statement.

Do you guys realize that California is one of only 9 states that allow familial DNA matching? That is a good thing, because it increases the likelihood that LE in the Papini case will eventually identify the source of the DNA samples found on SP's clothing. If family members of that man and woman are ever arrested or have their DNA entered into a database for whatever reason, LE will be alerted to a match.

http://jenniferjslate.com/2016/12/09/should-familial-dna-searching-be-legal-in-all-50-states/

Papini was found with hose clamps on both of her ankles. Her left wrist was zip-tied to a chain around her waist.

Detectives say they were able to make out some of those details in the video which led them to believe it was in fact, Sherri Papini.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sherri...shows-california-mother-before-she-was-found/

BBM. I would love to see the enhanced video they probably used as I can't make out any of her restraints in what was released. As predicted, online commentators have had a field day saying how this video shows she had no restraints on her and even a few so called "journalists" have sensationalized it as if the video indicates a fraud. I can't make out a thing in that video to say one way of the other if she had on the chain around her waist and hose clamps on her ankles while running, but here it is stated LE could make out those details. Between this statement and the press release about it only being 7 minutes between the video and SP being found on the side of the HWY, it sounds like they are saying this video corroborates that part of her story. Still, it is really strange that they released that grainy video. What were they hoping to accomplish by releasing it? :thinking:

They say this in the same article:
"We are working on several leads currently that we have not been able to rule out or discount, so leads we are actively looking at, and we are moving forward in hopes of catching the captors," added Jackson.

I truly hope that this is the case and they are able to solve this case soon.

Papini alleges her release followed an argument between the two suspects, in which the younger suspect drove her to a rural area near I-5 and set her free.

Sounds like Sherri heard the argument
So she must have heard two female voices?

Seems like. But she couldn't understand anything they said apparently. "Did you hear them have conversations?" "Yes." "Let us know everything you heard them say so maybe we can find some clues by their conversations."
"Oh. Well they spoke Spanish the whole time and I don't understand Spanish."

And she could never give much detail about their appearance or where she was held or the vehicle because she had her head down the whole time or they kept their faces covered for three whole weeks. Even during the abduction.

And while she can remember that they cut her hair to shame her, she cant recall how she knows that because she either can't remember what they said or can't understand what they said.

And while she can remember rocking her blanket daughter to sleep each night and being allowed to take a shower and engaging in a furious fight with her captor during which she banged her head against a toilet and it her own foot, and that her captors themselves had a dramatic disagreement during which a gun was fired and one was never seen or heard of again, she cant remember a host of other details that would actually help ID these people because she was too traumatized.

The case stinks. It just does. So many things about it are illogical.

And yet other things support her victimization and kidnapping. Like her injuries. The brand. I think the video does (looks like someone running to the church for help, finding no one there, cautiously walking back to the road, seeing your captors are gone and running toward the road to flag down help from another vehicle). Some of LE's statements. Etc.

I don't know what to think here.

The case stinks. It just does. So many things about it are illogical.

And yet other things support her victimization and kidnapping. Like her injuries. The brand. I think the video does (looks like someone running to the church for help, finding no one there, cautiously walking back to the road, seeing your captors are gone and running toward the road to flag down help from another vehicle). Some of LE's statements. Etc.

I don't know what to think here.

snipped by me

It is possible to inflict injuries upon yourself. Here's a story about a couple who shot themselves to stage a home invasion:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/man-wife-shoot-part-staged-home-invasion-article-1.3619674

Here's a woman who threw acid into her own face for sympathy and attention:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...victim-confesses-injuries-self-inflicted.html

It's hard to imagine anyone would go to such lengths as to bruise themselves repeatedly over time and reach their own hand over their shoulder to brand themselves, but sometimes people do the unimaginable. It also seems possible that she applied the restraint materials onto herself. SP has a history of mental instability, IMO. Some might disagree with me. SP's mother didn't seem worried at all during her disappearance, judging from her Facebook posts, and what I found to be a very odd local TV news interview.

If we open the door to the notion that SP might have hurt herself for some reason, we still have to figure out how she ended up running and confused on the side of a highway, nowhere near her home. She got a ride from someone, at some time. She ate at some point, which would probably involve some kind of interaction.

The case does STINK! :notgood:

snipped by me

It is possible to inflict injuries upon yourself. Here's a story about a couple who shot themselves to stage a home invasion:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/man-wife-shoot-part-staged-home-invasion-article-1.3619674

Here's a woman who threw acid into her own face for sympathy and attention:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...victim-confesses-injuries-self-inflicted.html

It's hard to imagine anyone would go to such lengths as to bruise themselves repeatedly over time and reach their own hand over their shoulder to brand themselves, but sometimes people do the unimaginable. It also seems possible that she applied the restraint materials onto herself. SP has a history of mental instability, IMO. Some might disagree with me. SP's mother didn't seem worried at all during her disappearance, judging from her Facebook posts, and what I found to be a very odd local TV news interview.

If we open the door to the notion that SP might have hurt herself for some reason, we still have to figure out how she ended up running and confused on the side of a highway, nowhere near her home. She got a ride from someone, at some time. She ate at some point, which would probably involve some kind of interaction.

The case does STINK! :notgood:

Hasnt she hurt herself before and tried to blame her mother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MzMack