TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #2

I hope at some point in the future, DK's parents share some of his history. Do we even have a right to know? I'm in no way blaming his parents, I can't imagine being in their shoes.
we probably do need to know why he believed he had to do that... after that, I dont think we do.

The thing is, not all psychopaths will end up killing folks or torturing puppies. They all do lack empathy, and the ability to love, or care about other's feelings, though. There seems to be a sub-group that are the Dahmers, Bundys, Radars, etc...

The others that don't fall into that sub-group? They go out into the world and become cut-throat businessmen, politicians, cops, or thriving business owners in the community. One may even work, or live, next to a psychopath who has never committed a crime. However, If they accidentally, ran over a child, while driving down the road, they'd feel nothing. They can become good at mimicking the appropriate emotions for the moment, to blend in, though.

Then, there's the ones who fall into, what I call, a "sub-group" of psychopaths (or, Anti Social Personality Disorder, is what the new name is these days, I guess) then they kill for the fun of it, or because they are bored, it's a hobby, etc... It is something that they enjoy, and they have zero remorse.

The large majority of folks who would be diagnosed as psychopaths/ASPD do not go on rampaging murder sprees, torture their neighbor's pet, or become serial killers.

CARIIS, pleasecorrect my if I'm wrong (I've read up on personality disorders, quite a bit, over the years, but IANA doctor of any kind.).

Trust me.....a Psycopath and a Sociopath aka ASPD are not one in the same

From

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxn...umes-near-texas-church-shooting-site.amp.html

Husband and wife Rod and Judy Green tell The Associated Press Friday that they are good friends with Devin Kelley's in-laws, and that Kelley had often exhibited troubling behavior.

Rod Green says that at a Christmas dinner one year, Kelley had "bragged about being armed." The Greens also said they watched Kelley closely when he showed up wearing all black last month at a festival at the church.

11 people remain hospitalized.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

From

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxn...umes-near-texas-church-shooting-site.amp.html

11 people remain hospitalized.

From the bragging about guns, getting animals from Craig's List, among other things that others have said, that he's said, he seemed a bit narcissistic, and even juvenile, too. We already know he had anger management problems. I know it's private medical history, but, I would like to see what his diagnoses were, over the years. He seemed to have a lot of rage going on toward others, who he couldn't control. The pastor was trying to move him along, I'd guess he couldn't control his mil, he was estranged from his spouse so loss of control there. Just some observations.

There is a correlation between higher levels of gun ownership and higher firearm homicide rates, states with higher rates of gun ownership have disproportionately large numbers of deaths from firearm-related homicides, and weaker gun laws are common among the states with higher gun death rates. And gun owners are more likely to be killed with their own weapon (including killing themselves) or kill a loved one than use it to shoot a bad guy.

Just sharing the facts, not advocating either way.

Not doubting this isn't true, but have a link so I can read? I've heard it repeated that Chicago has the tightest gun laws, yet the highest killings. Is that true too?

I just wish all this killing would end. ALL KILLINGS! I'm so sick of seeing thread after thread of someone murdered. Too bad the ones murdered weren't the other murderers, child molesters, child abusers, rapists, etc. Nope, usually someone just trying to live their life...and someone takes it from them.
IMO

Ok so it sounded like you were to me. Please expound upon the differences <modsnip>

I was describing psychopaths. Psychopaths and sociopaths used to be two different diagnoses but now they are lumping them together in this Anti Social Personality Disorder diagnosis. Yes, they do have crossovers but, they are also different. If you'd like to talk about sociopaths, go right ahead.

Not doubting this isn't true, but have a link so I can read? I've heard it repeated that Chicago has the tightest gun laws, yet the highest killings. Is that true too?

I just wish all this killing would end. ALL KILLINGS! I'm so sick of seeing thread after thread of someone murdered. Too bad the ones murdered weren't the other murderers, child molesters, child abusers, rapists, etc. Nope, usually someone just trying to live their life...and someone takes it from them.
IMO
False about Chicago. It does not have the highest murder rate per capita (no matter how many times Trump says so)!

But despite the soundbites, Chicago remains in the middle of the pack when homicide is measured on a per-capita basis. In 2016, the city had a rate of 27.9 killings per 100,000 residents — half that of St. Louis, whose*188 murdersamounted to 59.3 homicides per 100,000 people and preserved that city’s status as America’s murder capital. Baltimore placed second, with a homicide rate of 51.2, followed by Detroit, New Orleans, and Cleveland.*“Because Chicago has so many people, it can get a murder every day, and that gets people’s attention,” John Pfaff, a professor of law at Fordham Law School,*told The Trace recently. “When you focus on numbers, not rates, Chicago ends up looking worse because you forget just how big a city it is.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thetrace.org/2017/01/chicago-not-most-dangerous-city-america/amp/

IMO
Conclusions.*We observed a robust correlation between higher levels of gun ownership and higher firearm homicide rates. Although we could not determine causation, we found that states with higher rates of gun ownership had disproportionately large numbers of deaths from firearm-related homicides.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3828709/

From the bragging about guns, getting animals from Craig's List, among other things that others have said, that he's said, he seemed a bit narcissistic, and even juvenile, too. We already know he had anger management problems. I know it's private medical history, but, I would like to see what his diagnoses were, over the years. He seemed to have a lot of rage going on toward others, who he couldn't control. The pastor was trying to move him along, I'd guess he couldn't control his mil, he was estranged from his spouse so loss of control there. Just some observations.
I know. I'm not sure what we're legally allowed to be told about (as opposed to what LE might be willing to share).

Texas gunman Devin Kelley's ex-wife says he "had a lot of demons"
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tessa-brennaman-devin-kelley-sutherland-springs/

An ex-wife of Devin Patrick Kelley, the Texas gunman who killed 26 people in a church, said Friday in her first interview since the massacre that she lived in constant fear of him, and more information is coming to light about his actions in the weeks leading up to the shooting.

Tessa Brennaman, 25, was Kelley's first wife, CBS News' Omar Villafranca reports.

Devin Kelley should of never been in the Air Force for someone who is extremely easy to anger. For nearly killing his step son, he should of been locked up for the rest of his life.

Texas gunman Devin Kelley's ex-wife says he "had a lot of demons"
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tessa-brennaman-devin-kelley-sutherland-springs/

An ex-wife of Devin Patrick Kelley, the Texas gunman who killed 26 people in a church, said Friday in her first interview since the massacre that she lived in constant fear of him, and more information is coming to light about his actions in the weeks leading up to the shooting.

Tessa Brennaman, 25, was Kelley's first wife, CBS News' Omar Villafranca reports.

Devin Kelley should of never been in the Air Force. For nearly killing his step son, he should of been locked up for the rest of his life.

She was brave to speak out and give an interview. Although she isn't obligated to, it gives the public and victims a sense of who this guy really was which I think is a very important part of the healing process for many IMO

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I wonder if there is any Devin Kelley's handwriting. I know there is Stephen Paddock, Omar Mateen, Seung-Hui Cho, Adam Lanza, Charles Whitman, and Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold's handwriting.

Man who encountered Texas shooter days before church massacre describes him as 'miserable'
https://www.ksat.com/news/sutherlan...re-church-massacre-describes-him-as-miserable

Some things jumped out.

Jackson said that Kelley was stern with him, and he felt like he was inconveniencing him with questions.

His wife, sister and brother-in-law also interacted with Kelley. Afterward, Jackson said himself and the others all commented on how weird and creepy the security guard was.

"He was not normal. He was very weird," he said.

There is something really off about Devin Kelley. They always say that about other mass killers.

He also said that the guard seemed unhappy and appeared to be an outcast.

"He seemed angry. He seemed annoyed by us, and he seemed like he wanted to exert some authority," Elizabeth Nitz, Jackson's sister said.

Devin Kelley has shades of Charles Whitman, Vester Flanagan, Stephen Paddock, Elliot Rodger, Adam Lanza, Omar Mateen, Seung-Hui Cho, Eric Harris, and 9/11 Terrorists. I also see Jodi Arias, Yoselyn Ortega, Lori Drew, and Betty Broderick in Devin Kelley.

Every mass killer and terrorists I read was often unhappy and miserable. This also applies to jealous lovers and bullies.

Websleuth Radio Interview Tina Meier
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/09/30/tricias-true-crime-radio-adult-cyber-bullying

If one was not paying attention starting at the 20:40, one could be thinking Lori Drew is Devin Kelley, Stephen Paddock, Omar Mateen, Adam Lanza, Elliot Rodger, or Osama bin Laden and 9/11 Terrorists. Same thing; constant complainer, miserable, resentful, and envious. Nothing can please them.

The psychology behind mass shootings
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2017/11/10/psychology-behind-mass-shootings.html

Mass shootings are becoming all too common in America. According to the Congressional Research Service, there has been 66 mass shootings in the U.S. between 1999 and 2013, tragedies that left 547 innocent people dead.

In the most recent shooting at a rural Texas church, shooter Devin Patrick Kelley gunned down 26 worshipers. New reports have uncovered a man with a troubled past. A 2012 police report described how Kelley escaped from a psychiatric hospital while in the Air Force and was caught trying to sneak guns onto an Air Force base &#8220;attempting to carry out death threats&#8221; against his superiors there.

But what drives people like Kelley to kill strangers wholesale in a seemingly senseless way?

&#8220;Very often mass shooters are injustice collectors and they&#8217;re angry at the masses, so there&#8217;s that component where everybody doesn&#8217;t have a right to live because the mass shooter is angry at &#8216;others&#8217; in general,&#8221; psychotherapist, Dr. Robi Ludwig told Fox News. &#8220;And then there&#8217;s this feeling of just intense rage where killing one person is not enough.&#8221;

Psychologist Dr. Katherine Smerling said these types of murderers often feel victimized by the world and rejected about past humiliations.

&#8220;They feel like outsiders looking in instead of part of the world around them. They are grieved and possess a sense of extreme entitlement, seeking power, revenge or both,&#8221; Smerling told Fox News.

Mass killers live a life of resentment. They are consumed by resentment all their life. This also applies with terrorists and bullies.

I saw the Investigation Discovery Web Of Lies Friend Request, which is about the Megan Meier story. When I watched that episode, I see an injustice collector in Lori Drew. It is like watching a show about Devin Kelley, Stephen Paddock, Elliot Rodger, Osama bin Laden, Jodi Arias, Dora Cisneros, or Betty Broderick. She had a whole of resentment issues on top of feeling abandoned and rejected. She was consumed by envy and had an extreme entitlement mentality.

Crime series covers Megan Meier case
http://www.stltoday.com/entertainme...cle_992f7f46-73a1-5440-b187-82f3652341a8.html

Guns really do not decide by themselves to shoot people.
Even with smart technology.
No matter how much one wants that to happen..
I'm staring at my vacuum cleaner right now, willing it to vacuum.
It won't happen, sadly.
But notice the 1st sentence in my post.

Who said to take people out of the equation?

I'm pretty sure there is more than one factor in each of these mass killings. Personally I believe that when you try to figure out what happened there will be a comman phrase "he got a gun" in each story.

Look at the Washington Post articles I attached a earlier.
Why aren't other countries having the same problims?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

No unfortunately I don't think so, not unless we turn back the clock to the days before individual rights and freedoms. In Canada, where I live, one can only be involuntarily committed for their own safety, if they exhibit suicidal behaviour. But not for the safety of others. Otherwise it's a matter of waiting until they break the law.

DK moved back to his parents acreage only in 2017 iirc. I wonder if that was their hope to keep closer tabs on him, for safety sake in consideration of his wife and children.

I imagine it to be only of necessity on his part. I'm pretty sure I read his marriage was on the rocks, and based on what I read of his prior behavior, I'll bet her parents encouraged the split. Hence his threatening text messages to his MIL. Speculating ...

I imagine it to be only of necessity on his part. I'm pretty sure I read his marriage was on the rocks, and based on what I read of his prior behavior, I'll bet her parents encouraged the split. Hence his threatening text messages to his MIL. Speculating ...

It could be that, along with him having no place to live at the time, and they didn't want him to be homeless, but, things were not copacetic when he lived in the home, with the family. The saw a way that he had a roof over his head, and at least for small periods of time, he worked. With his father owning a company, it's kinda telling, at least to me, that he didn't have some sort of job within that company. Even if it was sweeping the parking lot.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back