Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #7 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that's what I'm thinking now, too. They were probably seen at the restaurant with only their older daughter -- or there was video of them in the parking lot of the restaurant coming and going with only the bio daughter --- which, to me, was because Sherin was already dead. But the father and lawyer probably think it best not to change the story again so they are sticking to the "I assisted her drinking milk" in the garage story -- and claiming they left Sherin home alone (yeah, because she was dead -- can't bring a dead child to a restaurant).
The walls are closing in on mother dearest.

But WM has admitted to forcing the child to drink milk, and watching her slowly die.

His wife still claims she was asleep when all that happened. Her 'endangerment' is only going to dinner for 90 minutes and then returning.

So her charges will not bring any where near that amount of time---if any.

I think , if it is the first brush with the law, leaving a child unattended for 90 minutes---may be probation only.

WM was charged with endangering/abandonment after he told the 1st story of leaving her alone by the tree. Someone correct me if I'm wrong....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. CPS better think long and hard about the safety,and welfare of this child.

Common sense isn't always a strong suit with CPS. I can tell you that if I had little kids I wouldn't leave them alone for 1 minute with any of the relatives much less let them live with any of them. After all, Sini & WM had to get their exceedingly strange & brutal parenting ideas from somewhere. JMO. The relatives may be some of the finest people in the world, I don't know but personally I would be afraid to trust them with a child.

Texas penal codes on child endangerment again for reference.

http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/penal-sect-22-041.html

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks, vmmking! Sini currently is charged with: Abandoning or Endangering a Child T.P.C. 22.041 SJF. The SJF stands for State Jail Felony.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4117214/Sherin-Mathews-Press-Release.pdf

From a Texas law firm site:

State jail felonies are unique in that punishment is in “state jail.” The range of punishment is 180 days to 2 years in state jail and a fine of up to $10,000. State jail felonies are a relatively new classification of offense under Texas state law, and the state jail experience can be very different from both prison and county jail.

https://saputo.law/texas-criminal-law/range-of-punishment-for-texas-crimes/

Additional info on the various charges and punishments:

https://books.google.com/books?id=m...6AEIdDAO#v=onepage&q=texas 22.041 sjf&f=false

So it looks like LE arrested Sini on the least-degree felony (anything less would be a misdemeaner). I guess any changes in the charge will depend on what evidence LE has. I hope we get more info soon!

FWIW I think Sini is the main culprit here and Dad could be the abused spouse. JMO but it was the feeling I got from day 1 and I had to quit reading because I felt Sini was much more involved and we couldn't discuss that so I stopped even reading. So glad she has been arrested> I think WM loves her very much and could be taking the blame for her. It will be interesting to see where he goes from here......JMO
Thank you!!!! Finally!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Since the beggining we always knew WM was lying. And his alternate version of events was them BSing again. This new version it's not any better, it reeks of anger and violence, and a desperate intento to establish and alibi.

I just wanted to whatever truly happened to sweet innocent Sherin had been a terrible accident that ended in a second, she hadn't to suffer. Seems like it was far from it. I'm so so sorry, Sherin :(
[emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

So does this mean there's no chance the older child will be placed with the family members of Sini in Houston?
I'm not sure that the current events will disregard the placement. Keep in mind, most CPS wants children placed in bio family homes, not foster care.

Since hearing about them leaving her alone while they went out to dinner, I'm thinking that she most likely hung herself trying to get free from restraints tying her to a chair. He and she most likely thought that they could go with the story of her choking and the story would be believed.

I'm so angry right now. Her attorney commenting about her being distraught is disgusting. I've seen no emotion at all from her since the very beginning. She has the affect of total evil and no feelings at all. If she was distraught, she was distraught for herself.
Amen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I wonder when they left Sherin all alone did they turnout all of the inside lights to make it appear everyone was gone? The thought of Sherin being there in the dark alone breaks my heart.

She may have been very fearful of the dark and that was an added punishment by her sadistic cruel parents. That is, even if she was alive when they all went out and had a meal. They sure weren't in any damned hurry to get back to a terrorized child they had purposefully left all alone.... that is for sure. :mad:

Neither one cared one bit about this precious little girl who deserved to have the best parents who would always love her unconditionally. Instead little Sherin couldn't have had worse parents than these two.

IMO

The word "distraught" didn't really set well with me at the time. It just didn't seem to be the right word, to me, anyway. Then he went on to say, "grieving", and I felt he should just shut up and go back inside.
Her attorney should know better than to even for one minute say anything , ANYTHING, pitying SM

If I remember correctly, when WM was charged with endangerment/abandonment, it carried a sentence of up to 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would think the Texas state Board of nursing is not too happy about SM at the moment. Licenses are revoked for much less.

Excellent, long article from the Dallas News. Some brief highlights to keep to the 10% rule:

From the beginning there has been a community outcry for Sini Mathews’ arrest. So, why are the police able to arrest her now and not when her husband was arrested?

But on Oct. 23, when Wesley Mathews gave police his account of the night Sherin died, he also told them that he and his wife took their biological daughter to dinner and left Sherin home alone Oct. 6, the night before he said he watched her choke.

Police had the evidence needed to arrest Sini Mathews on Thursday on a charge of child endangerment after corroborating her husband’s account with a receipt from the restaurant, phone records and an interview with the restaurant staff.

The police have long wanted Sini Mathews to answer more questions about Sherin’s death. Can her arrest be used to persuade her to do that?

Prosecutors and police will want to wait to see what evidence turns up in Sherin’s pending autopsy. But the arrest can certainly be used as leverage against Sini Mathews, defense attorney and former prosecutor Toby Shook said.

She can be prosecuted or, if prosecutors want to shore up their case against her husband, they can grant her immunity from being prosecuted for any crime she may have committed. Then she can’t be prosecuted based on her testimony unless she lies.

Can Sini Mathews refuse immunity from prosecution?

“Prosecutors use immunity as a tool to force a person to testify and give evidence against another person that they have a greater desire to build a stronger case on,” Shook said. “They are willing to force immunity on a person to get that evidence on a targeted defendant."

Could Wesley Mathews face additional charges?

He could be charged with another allegation of child endangerment. But because he already faces a more serious charge, prosecutors typically bring up other allegations at the punishment phase of a trial. Wesley Mathews does not have to be charged with a crime for prosecutors to introduce that evidence before jurors if he is convicted. Jurors can be told about alleged "bad acts" and must decide whether they believe the allegations to be true.

What impact will these allegations have on the child custody case and visitation for the Mathews’ surviving 3-year-old daughter?

Now that she has been arrested and charged, she will not be able to regain custody of her child as long as she’s in jail.

As for contact with her daughter, it is highly unlikely she will get to have any visitation privileges.

Marissa Gonzales, a spokeswoman with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, said that while technically CPS allows children to visit incarcerated parents, it rarely happens.
If Sini Mathews bonds out of jail, it is possible that CPS could ask the judge for restricted visitation rights if they believe doing so would be in the best interest of the child, Gonzales said.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2017/11/17/arrest-sherin-mathews-mother-mean-case-father

Cell phone records and receipts place Sini and Wesley at the restaurant the night of Oct. 6. The itemized receipt indicated that the family ordered one child's meal at the restaurant, which was also confirmed by the waiter serving their table.

"We used cell records and financial records and then we were able to contact the people who worked at the restaurant," said Perlich.

The affidavit says Sherin was left at home for an hour-and-a-half. When her adoptive parents returned, she was "still in the kitchen." The affidavit does not provide clarity on how or when Sherin died.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dall...ther-sini-mathews-in-police-custody/492424405

Jobin Panicker, from WFAA, reported that Sini's arraignment is in the morning. He also stated more arrests are possible.

More arrests or charges?

One thought sickens me, being that Sini is a nurse, has anyone seen/heard exactly what Sherin was being fed with? Has it been stated it was a drinking cup?

Yes!!!! We knew it, all along!!!!!

That precious baby, what more is to come?

I knew. This B didn't fool me one bit.There is no way you Don't cooperate with investigation of your dead, or missing child if you are not guilty.

More arrests or charges?

One thought sickens me, being that Sini is a nurse, has anyone seen/heard exactly what Sherin was being fed with? Has it been stated it was a drinking cup?

My understanding was both----more arrests and more charges are possible.

More arrests or charges?

Could you explain further please?

Common sense isn't always a strong suit with CPS. I can tell you that if I had little kids I wouldn't leave them alone for 1 minute with any of the relatives much less let them live with any of them. After all, Sini & WM had to get their exceedingly strange & brutal parenting ideas from somewhere. JMO. The relatives may be some of the finest people in the world, I don't know but personally I would be afraid to trust them with a child.
Exactly.

The autopsy will seal the fate of these two evil, evil miscreants. Then, of course, it will be interesting to see who try’s to cut a plea bargain to testify against the other first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member